• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Brush' s own goal from 30 yards over Sammys head at Maidstone away ... we were sitting in those temporary seats behind the goal and when just a few of us stood up it felt like the whole stand would collapse!!!

Three, all in the late fifties. Firstly, my debut with the Blues..........a defeat but what a glorious one, 0-1 in the Cup against Man City. Surely worthwhile just to see Bert Trautmann's saves. I think the pitch was far worse, in comparison, to this season! Secondly, was my first away game......a 1-4 Cup victory at Colchester! :smile: Finally, our 2-1 victory against Liverpool (when they were in the Second division.....even though, check their squad! http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/4819 ) Lovely, because my family from Liverpool had bought me a ticket in the East Stand, to sit with them.

It was five more seasons before Liverpool were promoted to the top division (along with Leyton Orient - one of those two teams came straight back down, guess which).

Are the Kings Lynn and/or Brentwood FAC matches on film anywhere?

Not on youtube.
Those famous cup matches from the 1968-69 season against King's Lynn & Brentwood should have been included on the cine film "The Team We Call United" made by Brothers Alan & Peter Bushell which was filmed between 1967-1969(DVD still available from the Shrimpers Trust). Alan & Peter who were given unlimited access at that time by Southend United Football Club were unable to film live matches due to strict F.A. rules("Bloody Typical")which is the main reason when you view the film there is very little match action on it. More's the pity in regard to the 20 goals that were scored in the two matches as well as the cup records it created at that time and still stand to this day. Let's face it if a highlights show had been available at that time it would certainly have made compulsive viewing even to this day approaching what will be the 50th.Anniversary later this year.

Ryan Leonard at Great Wakering Rovers, pre-season 2011/12. He scored from our half, and all the players around him just looked shocked. I've never seen it back, or know if any footage even exists...

I think Lenny's wonder strike against Dartford a week earlier or later ( i cant remember which was first )
He was again playing right back and was awesome the whole match , but i dont think i ve ever seen a shot hit sweeter than the 35 yarder which he arrowed into the net off the post . It was an absolute screamer.

FWIW i still think Lenny's best position is as an attacking Right Back. When i see Trippier + Alexander-Arnold in our World Cup squad i wonder if Lenny had not moved into midfield whether he would be now be talked about in the same breath as those two?

Games:

v Judas
Everton in the FA Cup
2nd half v Yeovil

Goals: Crown v Wigan; Cornwall v Preston and Tilson v Grimsby

Back