• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
There's probably a bit more leeway here... so, players who we "discovered", so to speak.

They could be kids through the academy that went on to be big name players, youngsters who blossomed after they left us or just players who were poor/average until they came into their own having experienced the Southend coaching phenomenon...

Keeper ? Royce maybe? Federici?

Back four
Simon Francis
George Friend
Charlie Mulgrew

Midfield
Hal Robson-Kanu
Stuart O'Keefe ? (I'm clearly struggling now...)
Peter Taylor
Junior Stanislas

Strikers
Stan Collymore
Britt Assombalonga

Michael Kightly.

I always admire those ones who take the knock of being let go by a team, drop down and then come back stronger to end up at an even higher level.

Justin Edinburgh
Leon Cort

Powell, Prior and Austin all went onto substantial top flight careers but as they are in my all-time XI it doesn’t seem right to include them or the likes of Royce and Collymore in this XI - I’d go with Federici and Tommy Mooney instead

Eastwood again, though to be fair he didn't do much at either Wolves or Coventry. Played for Wales though.

Paul Clark (Brighton)
Stephen Kelly
Reg Davies (Newcastle and Wales)
Martin Thomas (Wales)
Martin Ling (Swindon)
Isaac Hayden

Graeme Jones was with us 2002-2003 , knowing full well his legs had gone + struggling to get in our team , started helping out with coaching duties. He obviously learnt well from all Rob Newman's mistakes !!!!

He is now Roberto Martinez's assistant for Belgium. So the boy done good.

Graeme Jones was with us 2002-2003 , knowing full well his legs had gone + struggling to get in our team , started helping out with coaching duties. He obviously learnt well from all Rob Newman's mistakes !!!!

He is now Roberto Martinez's assistant for Belgium. So the boy done good.

He's more a candidate for the "Past their Prime XI"!

Dean Austin
Chris Powell

Edit.. Just read YB post so these are not very original.

Back