• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An one year deal doesn't really do much for anyone when the incumbent keeper is under contract for three years.

Very true, but at least we have our assistant keeper signed up for the season. Hopefully he can get some cup games under his belt.

I'm pleased to hear this news.

Good news, I rate Ted. I read the one year deal as being an opportunity for Ted. If he can put his injuries behind him and prove himself to SCP this year he will stay longer. If, and it’s a big if, we were to be promoted next season and having had time to fully assess Ted’s potential and progress SCP feels he is not ready for Championship football he may move on next summer. I hope he succeeds, we get promoted and he stays.

Great news, if Ted can get back to fitness and prove himself maybe a loan spell he will learn from Oxley and eventually take over.

I would imagine it's to see how the injury goes. If it goes again, I would imagine that's the end of his career.

I'm a bit unsure on Ted, his whole body language at scunny away the season before last was one of a frightened boy and I fear missing so much time last season will have stunted his growth quite a bit, the last thing he needs is to be sat on a bench which is exactly what is likely to happen next season

Happy he's signed - let's hope he can put his injuries behind him and push Oxley for a starting place

The club has done right by the player here. With Bishop seemingly understudy to Oxley and Seaden the next in line, the club could've easily released Ted simply as a financial decision. I think he needs to go straight out on loan as soon as possible to prove he's ready to step up to senior football and edge his way back in front of the line.

Bishop has more time on his side, so being understudy going into next season isn't going to effect him. He will still benefit from being around TM and LH. But Ted needs to go do it!

I'm a bit unsure on Ted, his whole body language at scunny away the season before last was one of a frightened boy and I fear missing so much time last season will have stunted his growth quite a bit, the last thing he needs is to be sat on a bench which is exactly what is likely to happen next season

As a 22 year old now, he WAS a frightened boy two years ago! I think enough time has passed to put that memory to one side, IMHO

The club has done right by the player here. With Bishop seemingly understudy to Oxley and Seaden the next in line, the club could've easily released Ted simply as a financial decision. I think he needs to go straight out on loan as soon as possible to prove he's ready to step up to senior football and edge his way back in front of the line.

Bishop has more time on his side, so being understudy going into next season isn't going to effect him. He will still benefit from being around TM and LH. But Ted needs to go do it!

Where does Bexon fit in to your set up? We have a seemingly endless conveyor belt of goalkeepers!

If I was Ted & SUFC, I would send him out on loan to a league 2 side that have small budget, like Macclesfield.

Glad to see the club have stuck by Ted and given him a new contract, think he will become a very good keeper if the operation he has had has fixed his shoulder problem.

He knows he has to work very very hard to get game time here so hopefully it can spur him in to better himself.

Maybe we can assess his fitness in the first half of the season and then loan him out for the second half of the season.

Where does Bexon fit in to your set up? We have a seemingly endless conveyor belt of goalkeepers!
I do agree he should go out on loan though. Assuming he stays fit, at 22 he is still young but no boy any longer. he needs games to improve, he aint going to get that here.

He knows he has to work very very hard to get game time here so hopefully it can spur him in to better himself.

Maybe we can assess his fitness in the first half of the season and then loan him out for the second half of the season.

Ted has had two serious injuries and an operation. So having time with a goal keeping coach and training and supporting Oxley including doing the full warm up and being on the bench on match days will be much better than going to play for the likes if Macclesfield.

He can be assessed playing in the under 23s or hopfully against his old stable mate Dan Bentley v Brentford.

All very well and good everyone saying we should send him out on to League 2 but seem to be forgetting the point that we need a League 2 club to want him for that to happen.

A 22-year-old with limited first team experience who has spent the last year out injured isn’t going to be a hugely attractive prospect for the very few clubs looking for a first choice goalkeeper.

All very well and good everyone saying we should send him out on to League 2 but seem to be forgetting the point that we need a League 2 club to want him for that to happen.

A 22-year-old with limited first team experience who has spent the last year out injured isn’t going to be a hugely attractive prospect for the very few clubs looking for a first choice goalkeeper.

I'm thinking more a Barnet or Dagenham type club, something near so he can still be assessed regularly by our fitness and physio teams, and clubs that are of a reasonable standard in the Conference.

If I was Ted & SUFC, I would send him out on loan to a league 2 side that have small budget, like Macclesfield.

The problem with that is, which League 2 side would be willing to take him. He's hardly got a great CV to boast, with only 26 appearances on it.

There's so many experienced pro's in and around League 2 and the National League now. Giving game time to a relatively inexperienced player, is something that won't happen often. Only if it's a loanee from a Championship/Premiership club.

It's hard for a keeper. If it's a striker, you can look at their goal return for their respective youth side, and maybe take a gamble based on that. If you're a keeper however, it's a lot more harder to prove that you're up to Football League standard's.

Back