• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Properly chuffed that mantom is coming in. Fantastic replacement for the Lenny role (even though they’re quite different)

Manton coming in is great, and good for Yearwood too - someone his played with before and would know what to expect from him.

How many CM's do we still need, 1 or 2? If Manton replaces Lenny in a sense, there's still two shirts available from Timlin and Wright's departure.

Manton coming in is great, and good for Yearwood too - someone his played with before and would know what to expect from him.

How many CM's do we still need, 1 or 2? If Manton replaces Lenny in a sense, there's still two shirts available from Timlin and Wright's departure.

Not too mention Wordsworth too

I would say two more in addition to Mantom - we released Wordsworth, Timlin and Wright, and lost Lenny in January.

Clearly there is a bit of down sizing to do in players and budget , I would expect one more midfielder to come in plus coxy and another forward .... If keirnan is fit for pre season then with Anton we have enough defenders at the club . So two more in with coxy and Mantom also resigning

Clearly there is a bit of down sizing to do in players and budget , I would expect one more midfielder to come in plus coxy and another forward .... If keirnan is fit for pre season then with Anton we have enough defenders at the club . So two more in with coxy and Mantom also resigning
It would be near disastrous if those two resigned.They are both extremely good players (Ex-WBA).

I completely forgot about Wordsworth. Haha.

Demetriou at CM, aye? I saw Kyprianou has been playing for Cyprus U21's at CM, does Demi play there too for country? If not that's surprised me.

Don't know about Cyprus but he played there last match of the season after Mantom and Yearwood limped off. He looked surprisingly comfortable in CM and had clearly played there before.

Don't know about Cyprus but he played there last match of the season after Mantom and Yearwood limped off. He looked surprisingly comfortable in CM and had clearly played there before.

Ah okay. I was away for that game.

He was a midfielder at Orient, playing mostly on the left-hand side according to a friend of mine. If he played in the centre it certainly would give Elvis more chances.

poor Wordy. No new club yet.

I'm still surprised we let him go, imo he has great ability but missed too many matches through injury

Shame we didn't offer him a pay as you play deal, the onus would have been on Wordsworth to stay fit then..

I'm still surprised we let him go, imo he has great ability but missed too many matches through injury

Shame we didn't offer him a pay as you play deal, the onus would have been on Wordsworth to stay fit then..

Maybe we did and he told us to stick it? I don’t think any player would jump at a “pay as your play deal” if he thinks he can get regular pay elsewhere. Would you want a player in CM half heartily going into challenges in case he got injured and didn’t get paid again for a few months...

Woody was offered a good deal - not "pay as you play" - but told he would be playing on the left wing. He knew, just as well as we did, that that was not his best position. Everything was ok with the deal apart from this. Powell was resistant to change what he saw as the right plan so Woody declined the contract offer. He will find another club quite easily, wouldn't surprise me if he went back to Colchester or was another to go to Stevenage. He has young children at school and won't want to disrupt family routine.

Back