• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well my team Swindon have signed Jermaine McGlashan after rlease from you TBH I am surprised PB hasn't tried signing any other of your released players such as Timlin and Wordsworth.

What is JMc like? I don't recall seeing him play previously much, is see a few of your posters say he is best used as an impact sub, is that because he is not good enough or his fitness levels aren't as high as they should be?

In your opinion will he do well in L2?

Thanks in advance.

Well my team Swindon have signed Jermaine McGlashan after rlease from you TBH I am surprised PB hasn't tried signing any other of your released players such as Timlin and Wordsworth.

What is JMc like? I don't recall seeing him play previously much, is see a few of your posters say he is best used as an impact sub, is that because he is not good enough or his fitness levels aren't as high as they should be?

Thanks in advance.

Very quick, poor end product. Drop to L2 might be good for him. Very much a kick it and run after it sort of player.

Thanks in advance.

Wordsworth would not want to drop to L2 and like Timlin will want to stay in the general area if he can as very settled.
McGlashan at L2 level is a good signing- works hard, loads of pace. Issue is end product and finishing- but if he had that he probably wouldn't be in L2 (or possibly L1 for that matter).

Thanks :) should fit in well with us, we have a lot of fast players already with no end product!

Seems pretty much done- career seems to have stalled a bit also only 23 I think
Played 20 times in Championship 2-3 years ago and since then played a similar number of times over 2 years in L1 and L2 (incl. loans)?

The Championship experience suggests he has something and of course the new management team will know him well.

So he will make our 6th CB- but 2 CM..
If Anton goes that leaves 5 incl. Kyps so I guess that would be the end point all be it we still don't really know if Kiernan will be back.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/harry-lennon/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/297476

That says to me that Rob Kiernan is definitely a gonna...

Who was that information from? It's quite different to what I've been told. Sounds like a 'fans' excuse to freely give out. You genuinely think a player would turn down a good contract because the manager said he wouldn't play you in a certain position?

Replied by pm.

Thanks in advance.

Apart from the 1st game of the season against Blackburn, when he played the game of his life, he has been best used for us as an impact sub running at and exploiting tired defences. He's a joy to watch when running at old has beens or people who are plain cream-crackered! Nice bloke too.

I see there is an article " Football Racism Storm as Irish Team mates verbally abused by boozed up team mates" last March. Is that Harry involved? I would have thought team unity would have taken a blow. Can mobiles be collected by Ron at 5.30?

Thanks :) should fit in well with us, we have a lot of fast players already with no end product!
Very fast and has a trick or two but your best(only?)hope of him contributing to a goal is if he gets into the area and cons the ref.Hes always been eager to try this.

Apart from the 1st game of the season against Blackburn, when he played the game of his life, he has been best used for us as an impact sub running at and exploiting tired defences. He's a joy to watch when running at old has beens or people who are plain cream-crackered! Nice bloke too.
Yeah. I also think he did a good job tracking back when we lose possession. He's like a terrier.

McGlashan- He'll give you 100%. But his 100% is sadly, IMO, not good enough for League One. Wish him all the best but despite his undoubted pace and good attitude he didn't trouble too many opposition defenses. If that sounds harsh I shall counter that by saying that he is clearly a lot better than a fat old keyboard warrior like me and playing League Football at all ever is awesome and a remarkable achievement.

There may be nothing in it, in the end, but I am surprised by the lack of news about Cox re-signing. It does make me wonder whether his face doesn’t fit for some reason?

There may be nothing in it, in the end, but I am surprised by the lack of news about Cox re-signing. It does make me wonder whether his face doesn’t fit for some reason?

I’m a huge fan of Simon Cox and what he brings to the side. But I wouldn’t be surprised if this was due to finances. There’s no doubt he must be one of our top earners as he was on his way down from the Championship when we signed him and everyone on here was excitedly stating how he’d smash 30 goals per season in League One.

But he doesn’t quite brought that sort of return and maybe Powell thinksg for the wages he could get more from another player. Personally I think 30 goal per season strikers are 9 times out of 10 going to be out of our reach. Every 10 years or so we might get lucky with an unexpected success like Eastwood but generally speaking we won’t be the most attractive option for a forward who has already shown big goal scoring potential.

So therefore I’d spend the money on a striker who will chip in with a few goals but also bring a lot to the side as a team player and you’re not gonna get many better than Simon Cox for that role IMO.

Back