• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
On a three year contract for a nominal fee.

i work with two Charlton supporters who are celebrating his leaving!:thumbdown: I hope Chrissy can get the best out of him, not much love for him at the Valley!

I'm pretty excited about this move. It's not the big name signing that we got use to in pre-season in previous years who's already made their name and on the way down but instead someone who (despite already having played Championship football) is going to make their name at our club.

It shows Chris Powell looking and planning ahead: this wasn't a desperation move out of necessity but a move from a position of strength. We don't have to rush it. Lennon doesn't need to go straight into the starting XI instead he'll have to earn it and we can spend time training him up, getting him fitter or whatever is needed so that when he does go into the team he's in the best possible position to succeed long term.

Because here's someone who can potentially be a building block of the future. He's an Essex boy, Chris Powell's worked with him before and knows his game and it's a 3 year deal that locks up what should be some of the best years of his career.

Time will tell whether this particular transfer ends up successful or not, but this is the exact type of transfer we should be looking for and shows that our club is headed in the right direction at last:thumbsup:

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2018/june/harry-lennon-signs/

Any risk of you posting something football related jist once?

Every possibility, in fact if you look hard enough you'll plenty of football related posts. Apologies if a bit of pun-based humour has upset you but you know, it's just a bit of fun. If you don't like it, stick me on ignore because I won't be stopping it for you or anyone else.

According to a quote from Chris Powell in the Echo article, Harry Lennon "can handle the ball well". Not in our penalty area, I hope.

Every possibility, in fact if you look hard enough you'll plenty of football related posts. Apologies if a bit of pun-based humour has upset you but you know, it's just a bit of fun. If you don't like it, stick me on ignore because I won't be stopping it for you or anyone else.

I think you use the word pun in the loosest term :winking:

i work with two Charlton supporters who are celebrating his leaving!:thumbdown: I hope Chrissy can get the best out of him, not much love for him at the Valley!

I’ve heard otherwise! Charlton fans I’ve spoken to say he’s solid but fell out of favour after a few bad injuries. Sounds like he needs some confidence and building up again, which dare I say he’ll get from SCP but wouldn’t necessarily have got from Bowyer. Powell reckons he has all the attributes to be a good player so that’s good enough for me.

Back