• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stereoscene/Timlins will be thrilled that I can't think of a single Mantom related pun.

Yet.

Interesting that Lennon was a “nominal fee” and Mantom is an “undisclosed fee”, have to wonder how much it is. When was the last time we paid fees for two players in one window, let alone one day?

Interesting that Lennon was a “nominal fee” and Mantom is an “undisclosed fee”, have to wonder how much it is. When was the last time we paid fees for two players in one window, let alone one day?

free transfer according to Scunthorpe OS

Stereoscene/Timlins will be thrilled that I can't think of a single Mantom related pun.

Yet.

closest I can think of is hoping he provides some Mantomani Magic, but thats a) not very good, and b) way too obscure (think Mantovani Magic was released in the 70s, I just remember the TV ads)

Absolutely over the moon we’ve managed to sign him. Hats off to SCP for pulling this one off. From my Scunny supporting mate they really didn’t want him to go.

I bet you're secretly disappointed that he didn't sign for Bradford so you could say "Mantom's a Bantam!" ;-)

Let's hope he keeps up his concentration and doesn't drift out of the game or Mantom will be a Phantom.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Excellent news.

This summer we've potentially signed the spine of the future with Lennon, Mantom and Hopper - as well as the exciting Barratt on the wing.

According to soccerbase the last summer we signed a player as early as this was all the way back in 2014, when Phil Brown signed Myles Weston 14th June.

The time before that was 2012 when Sturrock, for once not under an embargo, signed Mantom's former team-mate Kevan Hurst (21st June).

And the time before that was 2008 when Tilly signed Steve Mildenhall (6th June).

However the last time we signed anywhere near this number of players this early was 2004 when Tilly signed Nicky Nicolau (17th May), Andy Edwards (18th May), Laurie Dudfield (1st June), Wayne Gray (3rd June) and Adam Barrett (15th June).

Looking forward to Mick's take on the club announcement as well.

Great news! I was impressed with Mantom in the time he was with us last season so it's good to have him back again.

And, yeah, it's good to get the signings in early so they can get used to working together. Good business today.

as pleased to have him back .Now the strangest thing is we say we signed Mantom on a undisclosed fee .Looking on there site its states Mantom has joined Southend united on a free transfer Oppps who is telling it wrong Either way we have got a quality player

Back