• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England V Panama

And back on thread ... here's the team that I think Sir Gareth will pick. Probably no surprises but you never know.

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Henderson

Trippier Lingard Loftus-Cheek Rose

Sterling

Kane

Rashford will come on and do good things too.

I can't help wonder ... is 'Loftus-Cheek' one of the most bizarre names ever to play for England?

Cuts an imposing figure, mind.

And back on thread ... here's the team that I think Sir Gareth will pick. Probably no surprises but you never know.

Pickford

Walker Stones Maguire

Henderson

Trippier Lingard Loftus-Cheek Rose

Sterling

Kane

Rashford will come on and do good things too.

I also think that this will be the line up, and pretty close to my preferred starting line up. My thoughts on the key changes;

Rose - Young; Young did himself few favours in the last game but fortunately didn't do anything catastrophic. Rose offers a lot more pace going forward, perfect against what is considered one of the slowest and aged teams in the tournament.

Loftus-Cheek - Alli; A forced change due to injury. We know that the depth of our midfield in the squad is wanting. For me the impact that RLC had in the short time he was on had the impact that was needed. Again, we are fortunate we are up against weaker opposition but his season ending form for Palace absolutely qualifies him this opportunity over Dier (formation change) and Delph (hasn't been playing this role for Man City).

Sticking with Sterling; As a previous poster mentioned, he offers more than just goals. His pace will frighten defences to death. 45 minutes with Rashford chomping at the bit to get on is a positive position for Gareth to be in.

If we find out feet within the first 20 minutes I honestly do feel we could get a phenomenal result here; 4 or 5 to nil. However, i would take a 1-0 if we play the expansive, pacy and intricate football that we did in the first 25 minutes against Tunisia.

Can't believe this is the early kick off tomorrow - I offered to cover someone else's Sunday shift! :facepalm:

Do hope we have not gone OTT over the last game.We should have won and we did,the first about 30 minutes we looked good,missed a few chances...but the last hour it was typical England under Southgate/Hodgson.
We won and that was the most important thing,i hope with that result,we dont look back and now play with confidence.
Still not sure with Sterling,drop him,may really do him in...or say i will play you, the last 20 minutes..you smash them?
The lads seems to have a big confidence problem??

We'll win certainly.But can we match Belgium's 3-0 win against them or the 5+ goal difference they have over us, to top the group before we play Belgium next Thursday? I doubt it.

I think that's a fair point - goal difference will come into this for that last game and we don't want to be a long way behind. Or we beat Belgium and happy days

Showered, shaved and red 2002 England away shirt duly donned! Only 5 hours and 34 minutes to kick off. Told you I'm getting excited.

Not up for it yet!!!
Still depressed about yesterdays German result.In fact,i wont even have any beers before the game,just incase i get the "hump" again

Not up for it yet!!!
Still depressed about yesterdays German result.In fact,i wont even have any beers before the game,just incase i get the "hump" again

I know the feeling, I was absolutely gutted. You just knew it was coming........Bloody Germans :angry:.

Still come on England , a nice 3-0 win :smile:

Are you kidding? I've known the fixture and ko time for at least 6 weeks.

I was spectacularly disinterested before the tournament started, but it's sucked me in. Never thought to check, just imagined it would be on at "peak" time, which isn't 1 p.m.!

3-0 to England.

Not up for it yet!!!
Although I just knew it was coming, that second goal knocked the stuffing out of me. I really got behind the Swedes last night, even though I usually root for the Germans (unless they're playing us) - I can't help it, Rummenigge was my favourite player when I was a lad.

What better way to ruin your week than by watching England humiliate themselves against a side ranked 55th in the world?

What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than seeing England qualify for the last 16 of the World Cup?

Could go one way, could go the other.
Should be an eventful ride.
We go again!

Back