• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question New changes to Roots Hall?

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
In Chris Powell's interview the other day, he mentioned that there were 'new changes' to the stadium that he hoped the players and fans would like.

Dad and I were chatting and wondered if he was widening the pitch again; remembering that Brown opted to make it more narrow. CP seems to like wing play so therefore making the pitch wider could be a possibility.

Onions in the burgers was obviously our first assumption, but that's dreamlike talk!

I wondered if anyone knew what the changes might be?

Was there not so long ago and was told that CP was hoping to completely revamp the changing rooms this summer, apparently when he walked in after taking the job his first words were that, other than a TV on the wall, they hadn’t changed since he left as a player.

In Chris Powell's interview the other day, he mentioned that there were 'new changes' to the stadium that he hoped the players and fans would like.

Dad and I were chatting and wondered if he was widening the pitch again; remembering that Brown opted to make it more narrow. CP seems to like wing play so therefore making the pitch wider could be a possibility.

Onions in the burgers was obviously our first assumption, but that's dreamlike talk!

I wondered if anyone knew what the changes might be?

Not sure there is much scope to widen it ?

I don't think 2 feet makes a lot of difference to be fair. It makes taking corners easier mind!

I don't know what they might be, but if there's one pitch alteration that is achievable it would be raising the turf surrounding the corner flags.

Well surely it could just be reverted back to the original dimensions. Like I say, Brown brought the lines in to make it more narrow.

Yeah I remember him talking about that and guess it happened but to the naked eye ( well my old ones anyway ) there doesn’t seem too much spare room to expand - maybe wrong though

There is no pleasing people like me. Roots Hall is "falling down" so any money spent on it would be nice ............. but then it makes me think the new ground might not happen after all. :Sad:

I agree with Bess on the nets thinking about. I'd never thought about it before, but a return to white would be much welcome (it's harder to see what's happened with the black IMHO) should anyone involved at the club see this.

It would be great to have the north and south paddocks back - standing is allowed in Division 3 isn't it?

Many other clubs have a giant telly with the team selection and replays of goals/action.

Back