• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bojo or Jezza?

BoJo or Jezza as PM if we had a General Election very soon

• Boris Johnson

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Jeremy Corbyn

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
Ok, I know what you are talking about now, something that was kicked into touch 18 years ago which was brought about by a deep lack of both understanding and mistrust. Even the Tories, who probably had more in the closet than any other party have moved on since then.

Yeah right. Do I have to remind you of Clause 28? It was only 30 years ago. Hardly ancient history.
May voted against civil partnerships and I think same sex marriage too - as did many Tory MP's. I'm willing to accept that Cameron did one decent thing in his political live (despite the LibDems claiming it was them that pushed for it) but at the time it wasn't a majority of Tory MP's backing it.
May says she has changed her mind now....

Ok, I know what you are
about now, something that was kicked into touch 18 years ago which was brought about by a deep lack of both understanding and mistrust. Even the Tories, who probably had more in the closet than any other party have moved on since then.

The rank and file Tory supporters? I sincerely doubt it.

I know someone who worked under BoJo at the Foreign Office, and he is much much more capable than his public image. He actually works alongside the civil servants, listens to their briefs and tries to understand the dynamics at play.

Like You I know someone who knew Johnson, in my case, when he was MP for Henley and my friend was number 2 in Oxford Social Services. According to my mate,he had to inform Bojo that most elderly people preferred to live at home as long as they were able to and this was in fact a lot cheaper for the state that providing nursing homes for the elderly. That I think gives you some idea of Johnson's understanding of the lives of ordinary people and "the dynamics at play." As Enoch Powell memorably said: "All political lives end in failure." Boris's certainly has and will.Presumably,he'll now be tempted to run for the Tory leadership,when a vacancy arises.Inevitably, he will lose and never become Tory party leader or PM. In fact,I would go so far as to predict that at the next GE there will be a Michael Portillo moment,causing Bojo to lose his marginal Uxbridge seat (5,000+ majority). Good riddance.

Last edited:
Don't think Boris will ever be party leader or PM but for all round buffoonery, Diane Abbott is his obvious Labour equivalent whereas Jezzie B's Tory mirror image is JRM.

Jeez, that thread title option is liking choosing between having Ebola or having your wedding tackle sawn off with a rusty bread knife!!

Back