• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England V Croatia -Wednesday 11th July 2018

Bollocks! 1-1 they’ve been so good at stopping their crosses. Shame but keep your heads up lads and let’s get the winner!

Should have wrapped it up in the first half. Kane/Sterling/Alli all went missing IMHO.

So very hard to take that, but in the end we just came up short. So very proud of the team, they gave everything and I can't ask for more than that.

Another promising start that tailed off in quality, not a bad performance but they found more space towards the end and were deserved winners.

Modric was everywhere and his ball retention was way above what we could achieve, made the difference in the end

Last edited:
Should have wrapped it up in the first half. Kane/Sterling/Alli all went missing IMHO.

Luckily there isn’t neg rep on here anymore....

I think they’ve done not a lot all tournament. I know Kane got 6 goals but 3 pens, 2 tap ins and 1 he knew absolutely nothing about.

The defence and Pickford were the stand outs the wing backs have been class. Such a shame they couldn’t keep up how they played in the first 45. Kane should’ve scored at least one of those chances.

Still really proud that Gareth and the boys got this far, notice all the Welsh and Scottish pricks are back on Facebook giving it big licks.

the better team won!!
Little Croatia...over 120 minutes they were better..Gutted.
Will we get better..

The comments on the BBC story say it all, we're entitled idiots. Before this tournament we thought making the quarters would be a good result, now everyone is having a go at the team. This is a work in progress, making the semis is a massive result for us and with the U19s coming through I'm very hopeful for the future.

Sorry, didn't see this thread (tired) I'll repeat what I put on the semi-final thread.

Disappointed but not too disappointed. A conflict of interest is avoided and I'll be shoulder to shoulder with my daughter in Pussay on Sunday.............allez les bleus! From what I've seen of France I don't think either of these teams would stand a chance against their skill, quality and consistency. England are a very young side that, I think it's fair to say (with a bit of help from the draw) surpassed their expectations. They will be much stronger in two years for the Euros and for the next World Cup. The last thing I would have needed on Sunday is being humiliated by France and I think that was a possibility. For me it will be France by two clear goals against Croatia..............I'll go for 3-1.

So proud of this team.
No superstars, but a team who bought into the Managers system and gave in their all.
We lost the second half to the experience of Croatia but we were so close to winning this - very fine margins.
The thing I’m pleased about most is the media ‘sting’ on Allardyce.
Without that , we wouldn’t have the astute and articulate guy we have now , and the one that can lead us forward with confidence to compete.
Roll on the Euros

Back