• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A lot of clubs are at training camps at the moment so it might be quiet for a couple of weeks and then starting hotting up again as the season nears. Anyway we've done plenty of business already and could easily start the season with our current squad.

A lot of clubs are at training camps at the moment so it might be quiet for a couple of weeks and then starting hotting up again as the season nears. Anyway we've done plenty of business already and could easily start the season with our current squad.

I take your point but the transfer window shuts when the season starts, in just over 2 weeks time. So it’s not quite the same as last season where we could get enough players in for the first few games and then make some late signings. It’s either get players in now or have to wait til January. And IMO we definitely need to sign a striker in the next 2 weeks if we’re serious about promotion.

I think we have a bit of time on our hands yet as transfer window shuts on 9th August, 4 weeks time. A club can also sign a player at any time who is unregistered. A week after the window shuts , we can sign players on loan up until the end of November. Also any loan signings brought in before deadline day can be made permanent.
As yet we have not moved in on the loan market which is interesting, whereas some clubs in our league have already invested heavily in it and are reliant on it, having brought in 3 or 4 as season long loans.
On a different note I see Peterborough have now brought in 12 new players to take their current advertised squad to 36, good luck with managing that lot

I think we have a bit of time on our hands yet as transfer window shuts on 9th August, 4 weeks time. A club can also sign a player at any time who is unregistered. A week after the window shuts , we can sign players on loan up until the end of November. Also any loan signings brought in before deadline day can be made permanent.
As yet we have not moved in on the loan market which is interesting, whereas some clubs in our league have already invested heavily in it and are reliant on it, having brought in 3 or 4 as season long loans.
On a different note I see Peterborough have now brought in 12 new players to take their current advertised squad to 36, good luck with managing that lot

Can we?

Outside the transfer window in England, once seven days have passed following the end of a transfer window, clubs from the English Football League (Regulation 53.3.4)[33] and (provided the player is not registered with a club from any league below the National League division) National League division[34] (Rule 6.6.4) can loan in players i) in the first half of the season, until 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in November and ii) in the second half of the season, until 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March. An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window.[35]

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

It's not what this says - The window for loans shuts on 31st August.

Remind me again... what positions are we looking for? another midfielder and striker?

Remind me again... what positions are we looking for? another midfielder and striker?

Exactly - I can't remember quite who we have and what position (or positions) they can play in! It seems to me that we (as a team) are more or less ready to go now ........ with perhaps the issue of Wabo signing or not signing still to be sorted.

Or have I got that wrong as well ....................

How many strikers do we need?

Cox, Hopper, Robinson and Wabo makes 4 plus Ba equals 5.

I suppose it comes down to whether Powell has faith in Theo to perform consistently throughout a whole season like he finished the last. And also whether he thinks Norman Wabo is good enough to break through this year.

Personally on Robinson I’m really not sure but I hope he is coz he’s clearly worked really hard to get back into the first team picture. Norman Wabo on the other hand I really don’t know. Literally seen him once in a fleeting substitute appearance.

I’d feel more comfortable if we signed one more experienced front man.

I suppose it comes down to whether Powell has faith in Theo to perform consistently throughout a whole season like he finished the last. And also whether he thinks Norman Wabo is good enough to break through this year.

Personally on Robinson I’m really not sure but I hope he is coz he’s clearly worked really hard to get back into the first team picture. Norman Wabo on the other hand I really don’t know. Literally seen him once in a fleeting substitute appearance.
Ebbsfleet presumably? ;-)

I’ll throw a name out there, Sean Scannell of Huddersfield, 27 year old winger who played under CP previously and was on loan at Burton last season.

As far as I know we are/were interested in him, would be a good signing for L1.

I
I’ll throw a name out there, Sean Scannell of Huddersfield, 27 year old winger who played under CP previously and was on loan at Burton last season.

As far as I know we are/were interested in him, would be a good signing for L1.
Didn't realise Sean Scannell was so young, when we let his brother Damian go Sean was already playing championship football, so I'd assumed he was older.

Back