• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Pretty decent, some jump scares, some laughs, probably the best of the sequels. 7/10

Saw Sometimes a Great Notion again on DVD.Vaguely remember seeing this when it came out in 1970.Certainly didn't know then that it was a film of Ken Kesey's second novel and directed by Paul Newman.Not a bad film at all.

Finding your feet. A gentle comedy romance film which is probably aimed mostly at over 60s like me. I wasn't to fussed at first but Mrs RHB wanted to see it and by the end I was totally hooked.

A veteran cast headed up by Imelda Staunton, Timothy Spall and Joanna Lumley. Spall and Staunton, in particular, are tremendous. 8/10

Finding your feet. A gentle comedy romance film which is probably aimed mostly at over 60s like me. I wasn't to fussed at first but Mrs RHB wanted to see it and by the end I was totally hooked.

A veteran cast headed up by Imelda Staunton, Timothy Spall and Joanna Lumley. Spall and Staunton, in particular, are tremendous. 8/10

Agreed.We both liked it so much at the cinema that I bought a copy on DVD to watch again.(Probably next week now that the WC's finished).

Open House on Netflix. Dont bother. Watched 30 mins. Gave up. Not very good.

Leatherface - prequel to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Pretty decent solid number. 6/10.

Realive, really thought provoking about cryogenically and what could happen

Not the most cheerful but well worth a viewing and certainly changed my view especially the ending

Saw Brando's The Wild One again on DVD the other night.A bit dated these days perhaps but it still contains Brando's great line:"What are you rebellling against,Johnny? What've you got?"

Enjoyed seeing Finding Your Feet again earler.As RHB says it's probably a film aimed at the over 60's but it's still genuinely moving with Immelda Stauton and Timothy Spall at the top of their game.Was struck by how much the dance scenes are very much a metaphor for change and life itself.

Tully - Stressed out mum Charlize Threron hires a "night nanny" after the birth of her 3rd kid and things happen. It's ok, has Diablo Cody's fingerprints all over it. 7.5/10

Mama Mia! Here we go again.Pehaps not the sort of film I'd usually go and see but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.Always liked Abba's music,especially first time around.

I turned the first off after 5 minutes of Meryl Streep's singing. I love Abba but it made me want to crawl up my own rectum. I'll pass.

I turned the first off after 5 minutes of Meryl Streep's singing. I love Abba but it made me want to crawl up my own rectum. I'll pass.

This is the new one-prequel+sequel.La Streep only gets to sing one song in it.Honestly, it's not bad at all.Even Mark Kermode gave it a 5 star review in the Observer.Helps if you leave your critical falculties at home though. :Winking:

(Edit.Only saw the first one after my wife was bought a copy as a retirement present a few years back.The new film is better).

Last edited:
This is the new one-prequel+sequel.La Streep only gets to sing one song in it.Honestly, it's not bad at all.Even Mark Kermode gave it a 5 star review in the Observer.Helps if you leave your critical falculties at home though. :Winking:

(Edit.Only saw the first one after my wife was bought a copy as a retirement present a few years back.The new film is better).

Kermode absolutely adores the 1st one. Sometimes I do question the films he champions.

Back