• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News UPDATE FROM LIAISON GROUP

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
The Supporters Liaison Group met last night.

Sunderland game. Tickets are ONLY available for those with a purchase history. Boxes will NOT be sold to anyone who can be identified as a Sunderland supporter. The Police and Club are discussing how to handle this game, it is likely there will be a police presence inside the ground. We all agree, the FL computer did us no favours giving us the biggest club in the division on the last day of the season, at 5pm on a bank holiday weekend!

Wimbledon game. Some away supporters in the boxes caused some stupidity. Club were unaware they were Dons at the point of sale. Unfortunately, and more importantly, the away supporters coached was bricked at the junction of Fairfax and Prittlewell. The Police are looking for information. If you know anything, let them know.

Kit. We will be in a Nike kit next season. It will be based on a design submitted. We are the first club to have this arrangement with Nike. It will be unveiled around the time of Meet the Blues Day. It was understood that the away kit didn't exactly work this season, for a number of reasons. The plan is to have an away kit next year that we play in when we play away so long as it doesn't clash with the home teams kit.

Ground. An offer was put to SUFC to open up the ground and allow volunteer supporters to help with a general clean up (much like Blackpool recently did). They will consider, but there may be insurance issues. The issues listed were leaky roofs, leaky toilets, escape routes in the East. One positive is the problem disabled supporters were encountering have dissipated thanks to rerouting some of the half time queues.

Injuries. Pretty much as stated. Hopper hopes to be back pre-season, Coker possibly longer. Humphrys is hoping to be back before the end of the season, but depends on recovery time.

Half Time entertainment. No plans to remove the Bluebelles (whose job isn't just to do what they do at half time). The HT competition is now a permanent thing.

Discussions about how to improve the atmosphere in the ground (winning helps, obviously). TBV have some plans moving forward.

Season tickets. More sold in the first week this year than last. Which came as a surprise.

Cheers Kerry,some interesting updates and snippets there. Sounds like I will still need my souwester when entering the West Stand bogs at times of heavy rain, and my galoshes when treading the bog floor! Lot of old words in there for those of you too young to have experienced them.

I have to admit this season's away kit has been one of my favorite Southend kits in recent history. I can understand about the clashing nature of it's color though.

I have to admit this season's away kit has been one of my favorite Southend kits in recent history. I can understand about the clashing nature of it's color though.

It's one of our best away kits ever. I hope they can keep it more or less the same for next season. Also, we do go to a third kit when there is a colour clash.

Mrs RHB has already stated that it's her MIB shirt, the last one she will ever buy because she liked it so much. (Not that she bought it anyway!!).

Anything on stadium update or blues bulletin that promised a stadium update

Thanks for the update, it is nice to see the club liaise and engage with the fans.

However, would just like to point out reference the following

One positive is the problem disabled supporters were encountering have dissipated thanks to rerouting some of the half time queues

The problem the disabled supporters encountered in the West Stand gaining access to the Disabled Toilets, were entirely of the clubs and stewards making and nothing to do with "thanks to rerouting some of the half time queues".

It was totally caused by the club placing two stewards at the entrance to the doors leading to the West Stand Bar and restricting/blocking access, which caused long queues to form in both directions along the back of the West Stand completely blocking anyone passing.

Once the club and stewards allowed free access again to the West Stand Bar (as they have done for years prior to the problem), the long queues disappeared and we went back to normal free access to the West Stand Bar and the Disabled Toilets.

Ground. An offer was put to SUFC to open up the ground and allow volunteer supporters to help with a general clean up (much like Blackpool recently did). They will consider, but there may be insurance issues. The issues listed were leaky roofs, leaky toilets, escape routes in the East.

At the U23's game yesterday, the toilets in east hadn't even been cleaned since Saturday. They were filthy

There was a kit thread somewhere. Who done that really nice design with the dying curled up shrimp on it ??

Sunderland game. The Police and Club are discussing how to handle this game, it is likely there will be a police presence inside the ground.

A wise decision as no doubt being the last game & all that, they will attempt to invade the pitch at the final whistle?. ( which ahem, is supposedly an offence. Wonder how many Blackpool fans got thrown out or nicked, when they did it a couple of weeks ago? ).

#Sunderland game. Tickets are ONLY available for those with a purchase history. Boxes will NOT be sold to anyone who can be identified as a Sunderland supporter. The Police and Club are discussing how to handle this game, it is likely there will be a police presence inside the ground. We all agree, the FL computer did us no favours giving us the biggest club in the division on the last day of the season, at 5pm on a bank holiday weekend! ~

Any indication given as to the ticket allocation for Sunderland fans, LF ?

Back