• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next season's away games - what are you looking forward to?

For me, ALL OF THEM! :) Although not a lover of Wimbledon tbh. Tranmere was a great place but like anywhere with it's social problems and strife abound ( like most of Basildon district) you just keep your eyes open and mouth shut. Last game of the season would be a crack.

Looking forward to Ipswich decent ground hoping we can fill up our section making loads of noise.

I got followed by about 20 members of the Tranmere “firm” (whatever that is) on my last visit to Prenton Park. We ended up getting a lift back to the station from the old bill! So yeah not exactly in a hurry to go back there.

I do remember it was the last away game of the season though and nothing beats the sight of Snow White and the 7 dwarves bundling out of a taxi singing Oh When The Blues Go Marching In.

Decided on......

Sunderland
Ipswich
Blackpool
Fleetwood
Wycombe
Mk Dons
Portsmouth
Peterborough
Gillingham
Lincoln

So far, might do more

Can't say I'm looking forward to them, but need to knock off Accrington, Burton, Coventry, Fleetwood and MK Dons as grounds yet to visit.
On a previous thread, Burton and Fleetwood were recommended as decent days out.
If I was to add a third, which, please? For me, it's a hell of a schlep from exile in Cornwall.

For me, ALL OF THEM! :) Although not a lover of Wimbledon tbh. Tranmere was a great place but like anywhere with it's social problems and strife abound ( like most of Basildon district) you just keep your eyes open and mouth shut. Last game of the season would be a crack.
Not a fan of Bassy, then?

Ipswich, Bolton, Tranmere and Sunderland (didn't make Sunderland away last year).

Went Ipswich v Reading last season as my mate from work is a Reading fan and the away pub is 2 mins from the station then Portman Road is another 5 mins down the road so quite an easy away day to do.

Long term memory of Lincoln coming to "The Hall" ...I was a youth at the time, mid 70's...believe it all kicked off outside, and then in the South Bank...were they going up at the time ??
The trouble with Lincoln goes all the way back to Aug 1968 .

Ipswich because I live there. Although I'm bothered by the fact that I wont be allowed into the Away pub :Angry:

For me, it's a hell of a schlep from exile in Cornwall.[/QUOTE]

Do you know Rob Noxious or the rest of the West Country Shrimpers?. Robs from Penzance but he and the other Shrimpers down that end usually travel together. They usually travel on the Emit Express?

For me, it's a hell of a schlep from exile in Cornwall.

Do you know Rob Noxious or the rest of the West Country Shrimpers?. Robs from Penzance but he and the other Shrimpers down that end usually travel together. They usually travel on the Emit Express?[/QUOTE]
I'll get in touch with Rob. Live next door in St Ives...

Thanks to :Worthy: Stephen Humphreys :Worthy: we're really spoilt for choice. Without breaking a sweat we can do;

Bury, Blackpool, Bolton, Accy, Fleetwood, and Rochdale.

Then earmarked;

Rotherham, Lincoln and Tranmere.

Weekend away for either Sunderland or Ipswich.

With Cox, Hopper and the maestro himself am looking forward to next season. Will be interesting to see how Charlie Kelman and Sam Barrett have come on too.

My wife supports Blackpool so will have to fit in a couple of their games, probably Bolton which will be a bit feisty, and Fleetwood.

And one of my favourite derbies up here is back on, Bury v Rochdale.

Told the missus to start saving already!

Do you know Rob Noxious or the rest of the West Country Shrimpers?. Robs from Penzance but he and the other Shrimpers down that end usually travel together. They usually travel on the Emit Express?
I'll get in touch with Rob. Live next door in St Ives...[/QUOTE]
Rob' s old mate. Sorry forget his name is Redruth and Aubrey is a few miles from the border Tamar way. Add a few more in Kernow who Rob knows about and you have a supporters club. :)

Can't say I'm looking forward to them, but need to knock off Accrington, Burton, Coventry, Fleetwood and MK Dons as grounds yet to visit.
On a previous thread, Burton and Fleetwood were recommended as decent days out.
If I was to add a third, which, please? For me, it's a hell of a schlep from exile in Cornwall.
MK is a lovely ground, if you fancy making a weekend of it you've also got Woburn Safari Park, Center Parcs, Bletchley Park, a snow centre and a very nice shopping mall

MK is a lovely ground, if you fancy making a weekend of it you've also got Woburn Safari Park, Center Parcs, Bletchley Park, a snow centre and a very nice shopping mall

Not forgetting Stowe and Waddesdon Manor nearby.

Fancy Lincoln and Tranmere of the new and keep meaning to tick off Accrington Stanley.

Are Coventry playing at Birmingham's ground next season?

Back