• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

No infant kit option? Despite my dislike, if I could have bought a kit for my son I probably would have, as well as one for myself to wear with him, because he has grown out of his other one.

No infant kit option? Despite my dislike, if I could have bought a kit for my son I probably would have, as well as one for myself to wear with him, because he has grown out of his other one.

Another thing that annoys me, I wanted to get one for my kids with their name and age for every year. Haven’t been able to do it last year which is really disappointing.

It may be that you can buy the same shirt from an online sports company for £15 or so.....

But you have to add in several sundrie items that all cost money.....it’s not just a case of sticking a badge on it.

These companies don’t deliver for free and often charge £8 a delivery.

The badge itself will be £3.50/4.00 plus there will be a badge set up charge which is normally £20.

Typically an iron on sponsor (trade price cars) will be a further £3/4.

If you want the true authenticity the Football League badge on the sleeve (x2) will be an addition £4 each.

In total I’d make that....

£15.00 (shirt)
£8.00 (delivery)
£4.00 (badge)
£20.00 (embroider set up charge)
£4.00 (sponsor iron on logo)
£8.00 (FL sleeve badges x2)

£59.00 TOTAL

I’d suggest you take a bulk order so as to split the cost on the set up charges and delivery.

Or buy one in the club shop for £45.00

????
Didn't realise it came with the football league sleeve badges for £45

I imagine that's because we are sponsored by a betting company... ?

not that they don't like it, more that it's purchasable without the logo for a third of the (not insignificant) price

Why would anyone buy a shirt without
Yes, that's a fair point.

Except regrettably in the age of fake news I would have to point out it probably cant be shown that 95% of the fan base don't like it- may be the majority of those on here (certainly the greater majority of those who actually post)

It may be that you can buy the same shirt from an online sports company for £15 or so.....

But you have to add in several sundrie items that all cost money.....it’s not just a case of sticking a badge on it.

These companies don’t deliver for free and often charge £8 a delivery.

The badge itself will be £3.50/4.00 plus there will be a badge set up charge which is normally £20.

Typically an iron on sponsor (trade price cars) will be a further £3/4.

If you want the true authenticity the Football League badge on the sleeve (x2) will be an addition £4 each.

In total I’d make that....

£15.00 (shirt)
£8.00 (delivery)
£4.00 (badge)
£20.00 (embroider set up charge)
£4.00 (sponsor iron on logo)
£8.00 (FL sleeve badges x2)

£59.00 TOTAL

I’d suggest you take a bulk order so as to split the cost on the set up charges and delivery.

Or buy one in the club shop for £45.00

????

Obviously for some this online option would have the added bonus of taking money away from the club and giving it to the online retailer

I imagine that's because we are sponsored by a betting company... ?

It's not emblazoned on the shirt though. Lots of clubs are sponsored by betting companies and have a sponsorless shirt for juniors. We've just saved ourselves the need to take the sponsor off!

Think from a neutral standpoint, disappointing that the club has chosen Paddy Power and a campaign to stop sponsorship when it was involved in a fantastic partnership with Prostate Cancer the year before. Just seems a shame, gone to a campaign which I think is okay, but from a cause last year which was fantastic.

Do understand though from the club's view, the finances on offer. Especially when the club has effectively gifted sponsorship to charities the past two seasons.

It's not emblazoned on the shirt though. Lots of clubs are sponsored by betting companies and have a sponsorless shirt for juniors. We've just saved ourselves the need to take the sponsor off!
It was a joke mate

I know it’s not helping the club but I’m just saying you could do that if you wish. I’m all for supporting the club we are not a rich club so need every penny. You’d like to think they would select a better looking kit to attract people to part with their £45. Not a training top with a few ‘bespoke’ parts. But it’s alright a betting company have footed the bill and no doubt the club will not see a loss due to the huge no sponsorship deal.

its not a training top the fella in commercial department wasn't

Think from a neutral standpoint, disappointing that the club has chosen Paddy Power and a campaign to stop sponsorship when it was involved in a fantastic partnership with Prostate Cancer the year before. Just seems a shame, gone to a campaign which I think is okay, but from a cause last year which was fantastic.

Do understand though from the club's view, the finances on offer. Especially when the club has effectively gifted sponsorship to charities the past two seasons.

It's got to be better than being sponsored by Crevette Clothing.

BTW I am more than happy to accept sponsorship from Crevette Clothing if they are interested.

its not a training top

Quite right, It’s not a training top.

However this is a training top from last season, (I assume the new ones will be fairly similar) which just so happens to look infinitely better than the current first team shirt.

Imagine replacing the blue strip around the collar with white, and maybe even backlighting the badge in white. Now that, would have been a classy shirt.

A6C2BE51-E612-432E-AC9E-DF5D35CBB36A.jpeg

Last edited:
same people still moaning is extremely hilarious :Thumbs up::Clap::Hilarious:

Genuine question (which has probably been asked, but it’s too hot to trawl back through this, or any other thread to find an answer)....

.... Do you actually follow/support Southend, and/or go to games?

Or is it purely the kits that you’re here for?

Genuine question (which has probably been asked, but it’s too hot to trawl back through this, or any other thread to find an answer)....

.... Do you actually follow/support Southend, and/or go to games?

Or is it purely the kits that you’re here for?

He's a Southend football kit troll. Only thing he post's on each season.

Back