• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see what our dressing room is like after a defeat compared to title winning Chelsea team with JT

According to Mikel, whoever the manager was would also come in and say his piece - but then leave the players in the hands of Terry again after.

A FIGUREHEAD

"The manager would speak and then leave it to JT to carry on. He smashes the whole place up and then we go back out and get the win," Mikel continued.

"What he said, we followed. What he did, we followed. We looked at him for a reaction and we followed.

If we lost a game, we may not speak to each other for a day to show this was not good and tomorrow had to be better," Mikel said in an interview

"We were just so hungry. Did we take it a bit too far? Sometimes, yes, we had to.

"There were people fighting, grabbing round the neck, JT smashing the table and drinks. If we were losing a game you did not want to be in the dressing room."

That’s exactly one of the many reasons why we should have appointed Adam

To put things into context we have had a former player come and post on here who is referred to as a legend and a god , he was a very naughty boy once don’t forget and then we have Lennon who is obviously not the sharpest tool being filmed smiling in a pub wearing work attire .

What I’m trying to say is he’s been foolish , he’s not up to standard and is struggling in League one , he shouldn’t be playing by merit but to sack him for what is on a 12 second video is going a bit OTT , we can all speculate but he could well of been tucked up in bed at 5 pm with no more than a lemonade inside him .

An example of the absolute lack of apathy this man has for the club. Disgraceful. Not fit to wear the tracksuit, never mind the shirt.
He lacks many things (ability, application, intelligence, loyalty), but apathy is something his has in bucket loads... at least for our club and the plight we're in.

Did you perhaps mean 'empathy'?

I really not sure what the fuss is all about. The guy is entitled to a private life. Has anyone here had a bad day a work and gone out for a beer after work? When fans chant at him ' your not fit to wear the shirt' perhaps he wanted to see some friendly faces. Perhaps he wanted to chat with some mates and dissect the game. No one knows as they weren't there and are making judgements on a 20 second clip. The question is now how he moves forward and tries to become a better player. If he reads some of these comments its not exactly going to help him.

The only negative is the choice of venue the fatling is a **** hole.

I dread to think how low it can go.

We're setting club records for all the wrong reasons - least points, least wins, record home defeat, lowest attendance...

Oh dear, oh dear. As some of you probably know, we sponsor Harry, and I've always found him to be an affable young man, quieter than some but generally very pleasant.

As a parent, and as someone who used to work in schools, in particular dealing with a lot of "playground/friendship issues", I have learnt over the years that it is not wise to jump to quick conclusions and that the evidence should be weighed up when in possession of the full facts.

I was not on the Zone yesterday so didn't respond on this thread earlier. My take on this (and that's without knowing any further facts) is that I think this is a very ill judged thing to have done but it's not the crime some on here are making it.

I am sure Harry lives in Hornchurch now, I remember talking about it with him when he was wearing that big boot on his foot last season as I was surprised he was allowed to drive. I am also sure that he has some connections with Dover players, from his time at Charlton and Gillingham, so he's arranged to meet mates for a drink after a match.

This is where the guesswork comes in, I am guessing that he was rather later getting back to the area than others were which is why he's in his Southend gear. Obviously he should have gone home and changed or had the foresight to take something to change into - but he's a bloke after all, and I'm not sure how many of you castigating him would have either - but he was probably dropped off by the coach with no means to get home before meeting mates so decided to go straight out.

Whatever happened, Harry has been incredibly naive in thinking going out with the opposition we've just lost to, in club gear would not be found out in this day and age of trial by social media. I know he'd already deactivated his Twitter account because he was getting abused by some on there - as an aside, I know several others who now have protected their accounts on various platforms.

So what is he actually guilty of? Being stupid? Yes, I'd say undoubtedly so. Bringing the club into disrepute? Hmmm....possibly, but ONLY because he's wearing the trackwear. Is it a sackable offence? No. Absolutely not. Blimey, look at some of the stuff former players have done where we've stood by them - I'm thinking particularly favourites such as Michael Timlin and Bilel Mohsni, and others that were well liked like Sean Clohessy and Ryan Hall, plus, of course, Nile Ranger.

I expect disciplinary action internally but that's all.

I think people's judgement on this has been clouded by the inadequacy of the team this season, and the fact that so many think Harry is rubbish anyway. Yes, we're all hurting, but making players sacrificial scapegoats is just counter productive.

Good opportunity for Sol to make an example of one of our worst players anyway. Maximum fine and in the reserves until he can be released. The players have got to realise they can't keep doing what they want, taking the club and fans for mugs and getting away with it.

Good opportunity for Sol to make an example of one of our worst players anyway. Maximum fine and in the reserves until he can be released. The players have got to realise they can't keep doing what they want, taking the club and fans for mugs and getting away with it.

What would keeping him in the reserves achieve? We're struggling for CBs as it is, and he's really not as bad a player as some like to make out!

Have Michael Timlin and/or Ryan Hall been mentioned yet? I'm not condoning Lennon's behaviour, which was idiotic, but it's not a sacking offence is it? Yet Timlin, who committed a real crime, was largely backed by fans, and he allegedly assaulted Ben Clarkson too. He should have been sacked.

I trust Sol to sort this out. My guess is he and the club will punish Lennon in a professional manner, whether a fine or freezing him out of the squad, for the time being anyway.

Oh dear, oh dear. As some of you probably know, we sponsor Harry, and I've always found him to be an affable young man, quieter than some but generally very pleasant.

As a parent, and as someone who used to work in schools, in particular dealing with a lot of "playground/friendship issues", I have learnt over the years that it is not wise to jump to quick conclusions and that the evidence should be weighed up when in possession of the full facts.

I was not on the Zone yesterday so didn't respond on this thread earlier. My take on this (and that's without knowing any further facts) is that I think this is a very ill judged thing to have done but it's not the crime some on here are making it.

I am sure Harry lives in Hornchurch now, I remember talking about it with him when he was wearing that big boot on his foot last season as I was surprised he was allowed to drive. I am also sure that he has some connections with Dover players, from his time at Charlton and Gillingham, so he's arranged to meet mates for a drink after a match.

This is where the guesswork comes in, I am guessing that he was rather later getting back to the area than others were which is why he's in his Southend gear. Obviously he should have gone home and changed or had the foresight to take something to change into - but he's a bloke after all, and I'm not sure how many of you castigating him would have either - but he was probably dropped off by the coach with no means to get home before meeting mates so decided to go straight out.

Whatever happened, Harry has been incredibly naive in thinking going out with the opposition we've just lost to, in club gear would not be found out in this day and age of trial by social media. I know he'd already deactivated his Twitter account because he was getting abused by some on there - as an aside, I know several others who now have protected their accounts on various platforms.

So what is he actually guilty of? Being stupid? Yes, I'd say undoubtedly so. Bringing the club into disrepute? Hmmm....possibly, but ONLY because he's wearing the trackwear. Is it a sackable offence? No. Absolutely not. Blimey, look at some of the stuff former players have done where we've stood by them - I'm thinking particularly favourites such as Michael Timlin and Bilel Mohsni, and others that were well liked like Sean Clohessy and Ryan Hall, plus, of course, Nile Ranger.

I think people's judgement on this has been clouded by the inadequacy of the team this season, and the fact that so many think Harry is rubbish anyway. Yes, we're all hurting, but making players sacrificial scapegoats is just counter productive.

The fans have been looking for a reason to flip their lid all season and this dopey moron just offered himself up on a plate. Deserves all he's getting on social media.

What would keeping him in the reserves achieve? We're struggling for CBs as it is, and he's really not as bad a player as some like to make out!

The gravity of his misdemeanour is irrelevant. He's worsened an already toxic atmosphere in the ever widening split between players & supporters. Older pro's like Cox would know that when you've just been humbled by a team full of part timers, the last thing you do is party like you've won the league.

There is no way back for Lennon in my eyes. With Timlin/Hall and even Mohsni, they put a shift in on the playing field and endeared themselves to the supporters. Lennon should not play in the first team again and come January be sent out on loan or offloaded.

He plays for Southend, the team Dover beat in the Cup. Rather than being out with a Dover player, whether it be in a Southend tracksuit or not, singing about being in the second round of the cup, he should have been reflecting on how poor and embarrassing his performance was.

What he has done has stuck two fingers up at every Southend fan who pays his wages by buying a ticket and those that go out of their way to travel country to watch him and the rest of the clowns not give a toss about Southend.

I'm done with Lennon, total disrespect to every Southend fan. He's not fit to pull on a Southend shirt again

"Really not as bad as some make out"

The one saving grace here is he's made of glass and will break a nail again soon and hopefully never darken our doorway again. I know we cant sack him for it. But that will not stop me hating him until the day he does eventually leave

Should be dropped on performances anyway but he should be left to rot now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back