• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this and your earlier posts on this thread.

If Lennon had gone out on the lash straight after the game in Dover then some of the comments made against him maybe justified. But he has not. He is out locally with friends who he most probably agreed to meet up with prior to the game.

Having made those arrangements it would have been very disrespectful to his friends not to turn up just because he lost. This was a big win for the Dover players (and his friends) whats so wrong with congratulating them on their win?

No doubt had he ducked out of the meeting he could be abused on twitter for being weak or a bad loser or how was afraid to meet up with his friends assuming his team was going to win.

As for disrespecting the fans I guess that's up to each individual but I certainly don't feel disrespected by it.

There seems to be a lot of comments along the lines he deserves everything he gets on social media. Why does someone need to feel the need to abuse any player on twitter - is it to make them feel better or to improve the player. I suspect the former as abuse has never been shown as a way to motivate people.

There is growing trend among fans who think it is perfectly okay and normal to routinely abuse people on social media and then get so so upset if they decide a player has somehow disrespected them
I guess if you don't want to be disrespected on social media - you have nothing to do with it.
Being filmed with the opposition's players celebrating is stupid - end of!
You surely congratulate someone at the end of the game as you leave the pitch? Leaping up and down in a pub later is pushing it.
I don't think many feel personally disrespected, but Lennon's actions certainly taint him and the way he feels about the club, unless he's thick.
Remember the context of the season and his input to the defeat.

I'm not sure you can demand Roy Keane standards if you aren't paying Roy Keane wages or indeed Man U ticket prices.

I'm not sure you can demand Roy Keane standards if you aren't paying Roy Keane wages or indeed Man U ticket prices.
Oh yes you can!
That's how you get to be Roy Keane. Not sure what Man U's ticket prices have to do with the cost of carpets!

I have no idea what paragraph of which post you’re referring to. But like has been said.....I’m not sure what his crime is compared with how some fans mourned the loss

The Lennon incident and the incident of fans abusing Hutchinson are separate. It's not a case one is wrong so the other is okay or understandable; or that the fans are always wrong and players are always right. In my mind, Lennon has been stupid and disrespectful. The fan abusing Hutchinson is wrong, plain and simple. But the two incidents are not related.

Who knows.

Also Lennon wasn't out with the opposition team, he was out with friends and a couple of them were Dover players.
Seriously!!!
'M'lud, just because my client was out with Dover players who had just badly beaten my client's team - it doesn't make them the opposition'.

I agree we all invest time and money in the club, and we get fed up when we lose, so see a player out having a good time just after such a humiliating defeat sticks in the craw a bit.

To my mind after the match, all the players ought to have been back on the coach to Roots Hall, for a debriefing (bollocking), kept there for as long as possible. Then sent home, with an instruction to turn up for training at 8.00 pm on Monday. In addition a complete ban on all players consuming any alcohol, until the first team can win a lg 1 match.

Any player spotted defying the ban loses 1 weeks wages.

It might concentrate the minds a bit.

We have enough trouble finding a team mate with pass and there are no floodlights at B&L.

The current time is 11:00 hrs, a few hours later than it used to be.

And he couldn’t remove his tracksuit?

Maybe he want staying? Maybe he popped into say “sorry lads the day hasn’t gone how I’d hoped so I don’t think going out is the right thing for me to do. I’ll stay for a drink and here’s a beer for you all, well done, deserved your win”

I’m not arguing over how likely I’m saying it’s possible.

"In the various squads I have been a part of I have seen players get punched in the face, ribs broken, nose busted, head kicked like a football.....a throat grab was the equivalent of the intricate handshake embraces that are all too familiar today!"

it happens ... of course it happens..

Roy Keane is a dick - so is John Terry - but they did win a lot of stuff ..

The Lennon incident and the incident of fans abusing Hutchinson are separate. It's not a case one is wrong so the other is okay or understandable; or that the fans are always wrong and players are always right. In my mind, Lennon has been stupid and disrespectful. The fan abusing Hutchinson is wrong, plain and simple. But the two incidents are not related.

You haven’t read my post properly. I suggest you do.

This wasn’t the fan abusing Hutchinson. It was a separate incident I saw with my own eyes, of fans so upset and distraught over the football they got ****ed and abused his family..... it was related to Lennon because we are questioning his choice of how to act after a game.

Last edited:
I agree with this and your earlier posts on this thread.

If Lennon had gone out on the lash straight after the game in Dover then some of the comments made against him maybe justified. But he has not. He is out locally with friends who he most probably agreed to meet up with prior to the game.

Having made those arrangements it would have been very disrespectful to his friends not to turn up just because he lost. This was a big win for the Dover players (and his friends) whats so wrong with congratulating them on their win?

No doubt had he ducked out of the meeting he could be abused on twitter for being weak or a bad loser or how was afraid to meet up with his friends assuming his team was going to win.

As for disrespecting the fans I guess that's up to each individual but I certainly don't feel disrespected by it.

There seems to be a lot of comments along the lines he deserves everything he gets on social media. Why does someone need to feel the need to abuse any player on twitter - is it to make them feel better or to improve the player. I suspect the former as abuse has never been shown as a way to motivate people.

There is growing trend among fans who think it is perfectly okay and normal to routinely abuse people on social media and then get so so upset if they decide a player has somehow disrespected them

This is an interesting post.

Although I appreciate what you're saying I think at the very least this incident screams a lack of care and/or judgement.

Lennon is currently part of the worst side and worst defence in the country - statistically factual.

He has now been part of a cup upset, and has chosen to go out with some of the oppositions players involved in his team tracky, fairly locally. He has run the risk of exactly what is happening. The fans have had enough, and rightly or wrongly he has put himself in the firing line,

It is just brainless behaviour.

Seriously!!!
'M'lud, just because my client was out with Dover players who had just badly beaten my client's team - it doesn't make them the opposition'.
no but saying he was out with "the opposition team" clearly implies it was the whole team out celebrating, which wasn't the case.

Objection.....1-0 can in no way be seen as badly beaten M'lud
Really? Against Dover? A side who had recently been hammered 4-0 by Aldershot and others like the mighty Stockport?
But you're right in one sense. At least it wasn't 7-1 at home.

For me, in the best case scenario, it's incredibly naive. Worst case scenario, incredibly disrespectful.

Personally, I view this in context of where we are as a club right now (as I think OBL mentioned earlier). If we were pushing towards the playoffs and fielding an 11 that consistently showed competence in their profession and the level of effort and desire expected, the level of vitriol towards Lennon would be much less or even non-existent.

To me, regardless of whether he was drinking or not/didn't want to flake on former youth-team mates/is another victim of trial by social media, it's a horrendous error of judgement on his part to get filmed dancing and having a laugh with opposition players after yet another disastrous game in an utterly calamitous season.

Whilst you could hardly call him a seasoned pro, he's surely been in the game long enough and has at least a modicum of common sense to understand and appreciate that he has rightly opened himself up to some serious scrutiny, both from the management and the fans that help to pay his wages...

Talk about "taking one for the team". Harry's injudiciousness has deflected a lot of thoroughly deserved criticism away from all the other players, the coaches and the manager all of whom performed poorly on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back