• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

@AndyT is right, there are 6 episodes.

Link

Glad to hear it.
Incidentally I have a Christine Keeler anecdote which I might as well mention here.Back in 70/71 when I was a clippie for Eastern National Omnibus (in my gap year-before the term was invented.:Winking: )my old bus driver Ray M. who used to manage a tailor's in the East End, reckoned that he used to run messages between the Krays and C. Keeler at her trial.(No idea what was in the messages and at 18 I was probably too young to ask) but FWIW,I've always thought RM's story had the ring of truth about it.Certainly CK knew Peter Rachman intimately and he was known to have had "business dealings" with the Krays.Presumably they were desperate to keep their own names out of the trial proceedings before the law caught up with them a few years later.
Dunno but it makes a good story I think.

Last edited:
Cats - Wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't seen the stage show although Mrs RHB has. The opening to the film I found a bit slow but by the time James Corden wobbled into shot it had built up well. By the end I was totally hooked on what I had seen. There had been a lot of criticism of the costumes but I though they were great. Dame Judy Dench was absolutely superb as Old Deuteronomy 8/10

Watched "the gentleman", Guy Ritchies new film.

Loved it. Hugh Grant was brilliant in it.

8 out 10

Saw the new star wars today, underwhelmed.
Story line okay but poor acting and huge swings from huge scenes of momentous events and then Disney style lines such as Leah naming former smuggler bloke as commanding general at her death. 5/10

Took the kids to see JoJo Rabbit as they’re both big fans of Stephen Merchant.

I was sceptical at first, but it’s actually a great film, very funny and at times touching film.

Would recommend it!

I watched Midnight Cowboy again last night to see if it was as gritty and good as I remembered it. Yes it was. Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman are superb. And of course the music. 9/10.

1917 , I never recommend a film , but this one is rather special .
Agree, fantastic film, I saw the trailers about the immersive way they filmed it, but was stunned by the results.

Official Trailer

Official Extended Featurette (How they filmed 1917)

Saw the new star wars today, underwhelmed.
Story line okay but poor acting and huge swings from huge scenes of momentous events and then Disney style lines such as Leah naming former smuggler bloke as commanding general at her death. 5/10
Agreed- and Rey’s parents story is just stupid and contradicts earlier films
ps- rather timely, the original scripts have been leaked today and the story is apparently total different and better

Last edited:
Watched "the gentleman", Guy Ritchies new film.

Loved it. Hugh Grant was brilliant in it.

8 out 10
Totally agree to both points , had no idea it was grant until mate told me. Very obviously a Ritchie film. The other characters or the ensemble as a whole was not as good as lock stock and snatch but still very entertaining

Back