• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 offers turned down on deadline day. I believe, but could be wrong, that one was an improved Wimbledon offer for Hutch after derisory offers a week before. Still in my understanding less than half of what we would have taken.

There were several scouts in the stands yesterday.
Other teams are aware of our problems and hovering

TOTTENHAM Hotspur and Sunderland both had deadline day bids for Southend United striker Charlie Kelman rejected, Echosport understands.

More...

According to CP Tottenham and Sunderland both had bids for Kelman turned down on deadline day and we also turned down a bid from a league one club for Humphrys.

Not a total fire sale then, just clearing the bad apples, under performers and allowing Tom Hopper to go.

Get in the two out of contract lads and I’ll be happy.

What’s going on with vassell and osadebe then? Not been mentioned by CP but all fingers seem to point to th joining very soon...

I like Stephen Humphrys, I think he has a lot more to give, although he does seem to have stamina issues. But given his psychological troubles, which means he doesn't want to head the ball or get too physical with defenders, and that's going to be worse now he's had another nose injury, then surely they should have taken the six figured sum that was offered?

I like Stephen Humphrys, I think he has a lot more to give, although he does seem to have stamina issues. But given his psychological troubles, which means he doesn't want to head the ball or get too physical with defenders, and that's going to be worse now he's had another nose injury, then surely they should have taken the six figured sum that was offered?

I think we’ll see a better, happier Hump now that the gits have been swept out of the club. Fingers crossed.

Yeah I agree with that, wonder why Ron turned down a six figure sum for Humphrys, but let Hopper go for an alleged 150k? (Unless there were differences in their contract?). For me Hopper is by far the biggest loss in the transfer window.

That said I’m delighted that Charlie is staying

Yeah I agree with that, wonder why Ron turned down a six figure sum for Humphrys, but let Hopper go for an alleged 150k? (Unless there were differences in their contract?). For me Hopper is by far the biggest loss in the transfer window.

On the fence between Hopper and Cox. Think we've hung on to the best one in humps though. Maybe he doesn't have a relegation clause? Is his contract up in the summer though?
On the fillip l flip side, humps is likely to miss a few weeks I guess.

Hump's deal had a hefty % sell on clause to Fulham, Hump is 5 years younger than Hopper. maybe Sol was consulted? Hoppy had release clause and is local to Lincolnshire so maybe, despite admirable tweets, did want out?
It is a pity he has left as Hopper does appear a proper professional, well adjusted, hard working pro that we only saw part of his potential.

I think we’ll see a better, happier Hump now that the gits have been swept out of the club. Fingers crossed.
I hope you are right, a happier squad, unified and pulling together may bring SH to the fore. He has the attributes in spades and if he is mentally tuned for the fight he could be a match winner.

sadly I think Charlie will be off in the summer especially if he hits double figures this season. A hefty fee will be involved which will pay for a new team next year

On the fence between Hopper and Cox. Think we've hung on to the best one in humps though. Maybe he doesn't have a relegation clause? Is his contract up in the summer though?
On the fillip l flip side, humps is likely to miss a few weeks I guess.

We hung onto the best one of the lot..Kelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back