• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Blackpool FC 2-1 Southend Utd

Armand Gnanduillet snapped at Blackpool's training ground. Obviously his goal was a pre planned manoeuvre.

1581244405975.jpeg

I didn't see the game so where's that one-on-one chance for McLaughlin that people have been mentioning?

You can see that the number 7 has knocked the ball to the left before Oxley got there - clever bit of play.

You can read anything from that one frame.....Player going in with studs up, player making sure he 'manufactures' some contact or even he is 'entitled to go down'

Either way you can't blame Oxley . He has made several good one on one saves down at peoples feet in recent games and its what us fans all demanded.

As for the first goal, I don't think he is in a bad position and the cross is a great one because he was smart enough to chipped it over Clifford. Right from the start and the first set piece the giraffe was not marked properly. We ended up with McL marking him.....You would have thought Sol and Herman of all people would have had the same concerns as the rest of us do.

I didn't see the game so where's that one-on-one chance for McLaughlin that people have been mentioning?
It's not in the short highlights but if you can see the 10 minutes extended ones on the official site then it's about 2m 58s in.

You can read anything from that one frame.....Player going in with studs up, player making sure he 'manufactures' some contact or even he is 'entitled to go down'

Either way you can't blame Oxley . He has made several good one on one saves down at peoples feet in recent games and its what us fans all demanded.

As for the first goal, I don't think he is in a bad position and the cross is a great one because he was smart enough to chipped it over Clifford. Right from the start and the first set piece the giraffe was not marked properly. We ended up with McL marking him.....You would have thought Sol and Herman of all people would have had the same concerns as the rest of us do.

I'm not blaming Oxley - interestingly we only conceded 5 fouls the whole game. That must be a record low for a team "fighting" relegation.

I'm not blaming Oxley - interestingly we only conceded 5 fouls the whole game. That must be a record low for a team "fighting" relegation.

i didn't think you were. I was just making a general point that we cant want him to command his area but not pay the odd price.

It's not in the short highlights but if you can see the 10 minutes extended ones on the official site then it's about 2m 58s in.
Thanks. Perhaps Macca's touch that took him slightly wide reduced the angle but in fairness their keeper deserves credit for a good block.

I find it odd that Sky/EFL didn't show that chance, especially as it would have been perfect for the 'oh-so-clever' narrative they use.

Oh, and why did 'The Blues' play in yellow against a team that played in orange. One of my pet-hates.

Thanks. Perhaps Macca's touch that took him slightly wide reduced the angle but in fairness their keeper deserves credit for a good block.

I find it odd that Sky/EFL didn't show that chance, especially as it would have been perfect for the 'oh-so-clever' narrative they use.

Oh, and why did 'The Blues' play in yellow against a team that played in orange. One of my pet-hates.
The yellow strip appears to be our regular colours for away games now. Not a clue why, but most league clubs seem to do the same. Maybe it's something to do with away sponsorship? (wild guess).

Their first goal: have to wonder at Dieng's positioning, knowing the cross is coming, and the lead in Elvis's boots.
Talk about making it easier.

Very hard to tell if it was a pen from that, looks like Ox knocks the ball away before the guy goes down but who knows. One things for certain when a keeper dives at a forwards feet, the forward is going to make sure he creates contact to justify going down, they all do it, and 99% of the time the ref’s buy it and give a pen. Sadly it means keepers just can’t do that in the area. It needs looking at because it’s making it impossible for keepers to do their job.

Back