• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Construction firms saying they can't close because they will be sued for breach of contract, and incur crippling fines. So they're carrying on until the government close them officially, and then they won't be in breach of contract.

In theory breach of contract could also be applied to business / companies other than in the construction industry.

Is that essential work though, will the road gangs be made up of 2 people only. Will they work 2 metres apart. Will they travel to work alone.

I live in a road in Leigh that regularly gets really bad pothoIes. I have suggested to the Council that they relay the whole road like Ashleigh to no avail. However they regularly mend the pothoIes. It is a 2 man job and I have never seen guys work so hard. It's backbreaking. Takes them about 15 minutes.

******BIG NEWS *********************

Chaps, Linda Lusardi is in hospital, on drip and oxygen.

Why didn't Boris announce this major development?

Tories OUT!

Crazy decisions on our lives at the moment.

You can't go outside and meet up with 2 other people in the park as you are putting lives at risk, but it's ok to travel to work, packed onto a tube train like sardines and that is fine, utterly ridiclulous.

They need to shut down all non key worker jobs unless you can work from home or relax the other measures, preferably the prior to actually make a difference to the spread of this appaling disease.

I don't know if it its widely published? or if it even helps?

But iv'e been told that "contact-less payment" with Debit / Credit cards in all open retail outlets, will increase from the current £30 to £45 nationwide, in order to stop people using cash machines and the card machines in shops in order to reduce people using the touch key pads.

I don't know if it its widely published? or if it even helps?

But iv'e been told that "contact-less payment" with Debit / Credit cards in all open retail outlets, will increase from the current £30 to £45 nationwide, in order to stop people using cash machines and the card machines in shops in order to reduce people using the touch key pads.
I've seen that too. 1st April, according to Guardian and Barclay's websites.

MOT Warning. So garages and MOT testing centers are still open as essential.
Here's the statement.

In an email sent yesterday before the Prime Minister's announcement, the DVSA told a worried customer: "I appreciate this is a difficult time for the whole country, at this moment in time there is no exemption or extension from MOT testing, and no contingency plan in place.

"If your vehicle MOT expires whilst you are in isolation, then you are only able to drive the vehicle directly to/from a pre-booked MOT test after midnight on the date of expiry of the current certificate. After that time the vehicle must not be kept on a public road until it is re-tested and taxed etc."

How do you get it off a public road, if you're in isolation, and possibly very ill in bed or hospital with the virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back