• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Saw The Long Good Friday again last night.While it remains a wonderful film, its occasional late 70's/early 80's casual racism would jar a bit with modern pc audiences.Warning it also contains a couple of interesting political themes :-)

Saw "Performance" again last night. Rather violent and surrealistic but chillingly effective. The movie that drove James Fox away from the profession and caused critics to walk out and an executive's wife to throw up at the preview. Despite all the violence in modern gangster films Performance outdoes them. Jagger based his performance on his drug addled bandmate Brian Jones which is probably why this is his best acting performance in a career of wooden performances. Also one great song, Memo From Turner.

Blade Runner 2049. Never seen the original film so not sure if they set up some of the plot before hand but I was confused from th start. Sort of got the plot by the half way point but wasn't gripped by it. 3/10

Blade Runner 2049. Never seen the original film so not sure if they set up some of the plot before hand but I was confused from th start. Sort of got the plot by the half way point but wasn't gripped by it. 3/10

Not a patch on the original but I'm not surprised you got lost if you haven't seen it.

Original is arguably the best science fiction film ever made. Agree 2049 isn't a patch but I've seen worse follow ups.

The Great Escape and Zulu for me, two great films to idle away the time, never get bored watching them

Watched Bridge over the River Kwai last night, good old British stiff upper lip stuff in times of adversity

A quiet place - decent effort. Great sound design as you would expect, great cast, but didnt really love it like I did Hereditary or It Follows or Get Out

Saw "Performance" again last night. Rather violent and surrealistic but chillingly effective. The movie that drove James Fox away from the profession and caused critics to walk out and an executive's wife to throw up at the preview. Despite all the violence in modern gangster films Performance outdoes them. Jagger based his performance on his drug addled bandmate Brian Jones which is probably why this is his best acting performance in a career of wooden performances. Also one great song, Memo From Turner.

One of my favourite films. I love the gangster based first part of the film. I suspect there were cuts - the film implies that there was previous between Chas and Joey Maddocks without going into too much detail.

The original's much better.Sort of agree with your rating of the sequel though.Unlikely that they'll bother with another I hope.

The Great Escape and Zulu for me, two great films to idle away the time, never get bored watching them

Watched Bridge over the River Kwai last night, good old British stiff upper lip stuff in times of adversity

Have you got Reach For The Sky, 633 Squadron and The Dambusters lined up?

Back