• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity

Looks like I'll be spending 3 months with my six year old, this is something I would have never been able to do working 5 days a week. So I'm going to make the most of it as this hopefully will never happen again.
Back in the day when I was still working shifts at Customs & Excise I was able to spend time with my daughter (pre-school) and we would watch Play School (through the round window) and Rainbow. Very difficult to be in dad mode wilst fancying Floella Benjamin but it had to be dane. Not only that there was the marvellous Brian Cant on it as well. And I remember Cant's Playaway too - pure comic class. Anyway, back to point, cherish the moment and the bonding, I know I did.

Halfords in Braintree. My daughters birthday is early next month and we had always planned to get her a new bike as hers is too small now. What with everything going on we didn’t get round to getting it. We knew what she wanted and size etc.

I was really concerned that I wouldn’t be able to get it and we would struggle to get her anything for her birthday. I ordered it for click and collect online but didn’t hold my breath. The store phoned me a couple of days ago saying they will try their best but obviously everything is up in the air. Received an email yesterday saying it was ready for collection. I rang to check and they said yes it was ready.

When I got down there they were excellent, they had even fitted the stabilisers which I had bought as an extra and hadn’t asked them to do. I thanked them profusely and said “I know it’s not essential just wanted my daughter to have a good birthday in this horrible time”. They all replied “Well it is essential then”. Made me restore faith in this country and will make my daughter so happy. I am going to email Halfords and let them know how thankful I am for the service given by the Braintree store.

Halfords in Braintree. My daughters birthday is early next month and we had always planned to get her a new bike as hers is too small now. What with everything going on we didn’t get round to getting it. We knew what she wanted and size etc.

I was really concerned that I wouldn’t be able to get it and we would struggle to get her anything for her birthday. I ordered it for click and collect online but didn’t hold my breath. The store phoned me a couple of days ago saying they will try their best but obviously everything is up in the air. Received an email yesterday saying it was ready for collection. I rang to check and they said yes it was ready.

When I got down there they were excellent, they had even fitted the stabilisers which I had bought as an extra and hadn’t asked them to do. I thanked them profusely and said “I know it’s not essential just wanted my daughter to have a good birthday in this horrible time”. They all replied “Well it is essential then”. Made me restore faith in this country and will make my daughter so happy. I am going to email Halfords and let them know how thankful I am for the service given by the Braintree store.
Nice story. My local Halfords is brilliant too.

My daughter's first proper job was at Halfords, she loved it, learnt loads and used to go into schools talking to the children about cycle maintenance. That's good to hear @Ricey and always good to give credit where it's due.

Heard of seals down in Cornwall before now,didn't realise we got them them in the Thames Estuary too.

They have been around for a while now. Decent numbers on the mud flats and also the odd one seen as far up river as Richmond. Same in the Crouch.

Many species have returned to the Thames since the water has improved. No cod for the last 4 years as it has not been cold enough. One thing that as dramatically fallen are eels. They were always the easiest to catch back in the day.

So whilst I can run as exercise, since Jan 01st I am running 5 times a week and have decided if I can reach John O'Groats from my house by Dec 31 st which is 1104 k virtual

Today I have reached 223.67 which means I am coming up to Walsall football ground that's just 12 k away, it keeps me going ,anyone else with wacky things to keep sane

They have been around for a while now. Decent numbers on the mud flats . Same in the Crouch.
Many species have returned to the Thames since the water has improved. No cod for the last 4 years as it has not been cold enough. One thing that as dramatically fallen are eels. They were always the easiest to catch back in the day.

With the decline of cod & many other fish species in the Estuary, Crouch, Blackwater in recent years, i'm amazed they dont all starve to death?.

Back