• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been suffering from the virus for a bit over a week and it’s nasty. Seems to mutate so I’m getting different symptoms every day. Been feeling out of it most of the time, living in the afternoon, can’t handle mornings. 2 of my 3 daughters and Mrs have it too but they are massively improved whereas mine keeps going. Youngest has had a headache and lost her sense of smell so she’s either got it very mild or it’s yet to hit.
It hits you in so many different ways and the lack of energy is draining and what feels like depression creeps up.
Stay away from it if you can.
Look on the bright side Gregg, everyone's being nice to you on here? Get well soon buddy.

Who knows? You don’t. Perhaps they were essential workers going to work. Perhaps they were out buying food supplies. There are loads of valid and legitimate reasons to be outside. They should have been 2m apart and were advised of this. At least most motorcycle helmets make fairly effective masks.

yeah right.
not sure how much shopping you carry on a motorbike.
They were out taking advantage of the clearer roads when they should have been inside.
We are under a lock down and people are dying.
Be responsible - stay at home.

Its not self-indulgent. Thank you for sharing, it has given me a greater insight into your pain.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
I do agree with dannypav, that what is probaly needed now is some more 'stark' images and messages like yours to wake some people up.

I am still working part time delivering polypins and bottles of beer, from the brewery, in the Basildon, Hutton Southend area's. We observe strict guidelines, by not opening the shop. Orders only and payment by phone. The customer is phoned before, when we are delivering. I get to the door, gloves on, and ring the bell. Step 10 places back and the customer picks up the bottles/Polypin, everyone has been at home, and observes the rules. Some are self isolating, but no contact or near contact is made.
What I have observed, from my house (centre of Rochford) and driving delivering that the people who are out. Is mainly the older people, and they are more likely not too observe the rules than the younger ones and I am 61. I have heard on a few occasions, no one is telling me not to open my shop, (despite Police Request's) Plus it does not matter if I get it, if I do I do. It makes me so angry.
Anyway Surrey Shrimper. Thanks again. Hope it does not stick around too long, it sounds awful.

I do think it's a shame that people can't go for a bit of a drive though, just for a change of scenery. When we dropped those supplies over at Woodham on Saturday, it was lovely just to see something a bit different - I didn't even know where they'd built a new Sainsbury's over there.

You can drive without getting out of your car, and just a drive of no more than 20 miles might make a big difference to some people. Especially people that are finding things difficult.

I do think it's a shame that people can't go for a bit of a drive though, just for a change of scenery. When we dropped those supplies over at Woodham on Saturday, it was lovely just to see something a bit different - I didn't even know where they'd built a new Sainsbury's over there.

You can drive without getting out of your car, and just a drive of no more than 20 miles might make a big difference to some people. Especially people that are finding things difficult.

Yeah it’s a tough one.
Not sure of the stats but been reliably informed that less traffic equals less RTA’s equals less admissions to A&E equals more resources to deal with the virus.
I get your point , but this also makes sense too.

What I have observed, from my house (centre of Rochford) and driving delivering that the people who are out. Is mainly the older people, and they are more likely not too observe the rules than the younger ones and I am 61. I have heard on a few occasions, no one is telling me not to open my shop, (despite Police Request's) Plus it does not matter if I get it, if I do I do. It makes me so angry.
Anyway Surrey Shrimper. Thanks again. Hope it does not stick around too long, it sounds awful.
That sounds more than a bit judgemental Steve. Are you guessing or have you seen things?

Yeah it’s a tough one.
Not sure of the stats but been reliably informed that less traffic equals less RTA’s equals less admissions to A&E equals more resources to deal with the virus.
I get your point , but this also makes sense too.
And more potholes fixed, don't forget the potholes Danny!!

Its not self-indulgent. Thank you for sharing, it has given me a greater insight into your pain.
I do agree with dannypav, that what is probally needed now is some more 'stark' images and messages like yours to wake people some people up.

I am still working part time delivering polypins and bottles of beer, from the brewery, in the Basildon, Hutton Southend area's. We observe strict guidelines, by not openi
That sounds more than a bit judgemental Steve. Are you guessing or have you seen things?

Seen Things.

I do agree with dannypav, that what is probally needed now is some more 'stark' images and messages like yours to wake people some people up.

I am still working part time delivering polypins and bottles of beer, from the brewery, in the Basildon, Hutton Southend area's. We observe strict guidelines, by not openi

Seen Things.
That's really surprising. All folk, young or old, around our part of Westcliff have ben observing social distancing when out, and only going out for exercise or essential shopping.

It's just easiest to say that you don't travel unless it's for work (which can't be done at home) or for essential shopping or caring responsibilities. Give people some flex and they'll take the ****.

And as has been mentioned, cars break down and people get into accidents when out and about. No need to be putting services under pressure even if it is nice to get some fresh air and just go for a drive to have a change of scenery.

and if you break down?
and if you run out of petrol?
the real shame is the amount of people who will die because some people don't think the restrictions should apply to them.

and if you break down?
and if you run out of petrol?
the real shame is the amount of people who will die because some people don't think the restrictions should apply to them.
And you fill up with fuel, and use the pump, and go in the shop, and the garage orders more fuel etc, like a snowball it grows.
And while out how about "just" popping along to?.......

I tell you whose fault it is. Carol ****in' Baskin

It's just easiest to say that you don't travel unless it's for work (which can't be done at home) or for essential shopping or caring responsibilities. Give people some flex and they'll take the ****.

And as has been mentioned, cars break down and people get into accidents when out and about. No need to be putting services under pressure even if it is nice to get some fresh air and just go for a drive to have a change of scenery.

The current requirements - if not some of the enforcement - seem sensible to me.

Not everyone lives in large houses with gardens so asking people to stay in doors without fresh air and exercise will store up different health issues, both physical and mental. There needs to be a balance struck between the two.

I'd suggest the enforcement needs to be more focused on the risk the activity poses (is someone sitting alone on the grass in a park with nobody within 20m of them really posing a risk?) and I'm not sure to what extent publicising "offenders" will embolden others rather than dissuade.

My bigger issue is that we should be making better use of the time we are buying with lcokdown with widespread testing - not just of politicians and royalty/NHS - to better understand who is contagious and who has recovered/escaped lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back