• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Trying to bracket a few idiots who go 'sunbathing' or meet up in cars for a BBQ and ban all exercise would be a mistake.

Plenty of serious people out running or cycling are not putting anyone at risk when compared to trip to the corner shop.

Unless you ban people from going to all shops there is no point in banning exercise.

I understand your point , but it would also be a good idea if ALL of these serious runners would give more consideration to older people or those with young children and at least deviate from their planned route a little.
just safely move around people with some distance instead of brushing shoulders and panting heavily over people.
I’m all for people exercising, it’s important, but some of these clowns can surely put the PB’s on hold for a bit.

So an hour ago I was on the bridge next to Shoebury Park (Letting a family cross, funny enough) Looking down on to the football and cricket pitch, there was large groups of kids all together, some playing football. There was also quite a few families. Lovely day for it, but absolutely the wrong time. They've already said that some children will have it, but the symptoms could be so mild, that they might not know they've got it. Kids are kids, and they certainly weren't keeping their distance. But if they have it and they pass it on, it could, and probably will lead to people losing their lives. So today's scene was bonkers.

So an hour ago I was on the bridge next to Shoebury Park (Letting a family cross, funny enough) Looking down on to the football and cricket pitch, there was large groups of kids all together, some playing football. There was also quite a few families. Lovely day for it, but absolutely the wrong time. They've already said that some children will have it, but the symptoms could be so mild, that they might not know they've got it. Kids are kids, and they certainly weren't keeping their distance. But if they have it and they pass it on, it could, and probably will lead to people losing their lives. So today's scene was bonkers.

And if a full lockdown comes these arseholes will be the ones bitching about it the most.

There won't be a need for a banning order if everyone follows the Government's instruction (it's not a voluntary if you don't agree with it). In the situation we now find ourselves in if we do as we are asked both by the Gov't and the shops and exercise some restraint when shopping then we will be through this ****storm quicker than otherwise.

The restrictions are not to get us through quicker, they are so the NHS is not overwhelmed all at once. It wont kill someone in April but not kill the same person in August like some seem to think.

Even if we had total lock down for 2/3 weeks with no leaving your house even for food or doctors it would not disappear. We would just have a second and then a third wave. As with Spanish Flu 100 years ago it wont be until the virus punches itself out after X amount of passing on/immunity

Rather than who jogs to close to who some of you might want to ask why flights from China, Italy and Spain are still landing at Heathrow......With no quarantine.

If you ar an Auzzie who lives in Perth but land back home in Sydney. You are taken to a hotel and locked in for 2 weeks with food bought to your door and not allowed out. then when you get back to Western Auz you face another 2 weeks of the same....28 days in all.

Last edited:
The restrictions are not to get us through quicker, they are so the NHS is not overwhelmed all at once. It wont kill someone in April but not kill the same person in August like some seem to think.

Even if we had total lock down for 2/3 weeks with no leaving your house even for food or doctors it would not disappear. We would just have a second and then a third wave. As with Spanish Flu 100 years ago it wont be until the virus punches itself out after X amount of passing on/immunity

Rather than who jogs to close to who some of you might want to ask why flights from China, Italy and Spain are still landing at Heathrow......With no quarantine.

If you ar an Auzzie who lives in Perth but land back home in Sydney. You are taken to a hotel and locked in for 2 weeks with ffod bought to your door and not allowed out. then when you get back to Western Auz you face another 2 weeks of the same....28 days in all.

If the public follow the restrictions correctly we will flatten the curve and that should assist the load on the NHS. It will also contribute to getting through this quicker as the NHS will be able to better control those infected. What happens in Australia is irrelevant.

I just wish on the daily BBC briefing around 5pm, one of those Reporters would ask this question, instead of most of the nonsense ones they waffle on about.

If the public follow the restrictions correctly we will flatten the curve and that should assist the load on the NHS. It will also contribute to getting through this quicker as the NHS will be able to better control those infected. What happens in Australia is irrelevant.

Whys that then?

How is allowing flights form all round the world with no testing, quarantine and involving hundreds of people having to go to work at the airport.....Going to help flatten the curve?

Whys that then?

How is allowing flights form all round the world with no testing, quarantine and involving hundreds of people having to go to work at the airport.....Going to help flatten the curve?
My post concerned how the British public should behave. The points you raise about incoming flights may, or may not, increase our risk, I don't know, but that wasn;t the point of my post, then or now.

My post concerned how the British public should behave. The points you raise about incoming flights may, or may not, increase our risk, I don't know, but that wasn;t the point of my post, then or now.

Yes of course the public should behave and from what I have seen along the sea front the good people of Southend are doing so.

My point is, if your asking people to stay in the flats with no access to a garden and suffer financially. Then don't take the p*** out of them by allowing flights to land and passengers go unchecked........Otherwise it wont work.

Last edited:

If you ar an Auzzie who lives in Perth but land back home in Sydney. You are taken to a hotel and locked in for 2 weeks with food bought to your door and not allowed out. then when you get back to Western Auz you face another 2 weeks of the same....28 days in all.

Not quite true. If you travel from Perth to Sydney you are required to self isolate probably in your own home for 14 days.WA have just banned all incoming travel. If you arrive from os yes you are put into a hotel for 14 days with meals supplied ( at taxpayers expense)

Just letting you know guys and gals. Most major supermarkets are shutting at 8pm this Good Friday, and are closed all day on Easter Sunday. So expect longer queues on Saturday.

Wouldn't mind a £ for every person who turns up at one on Sunday, having not realised?. You just know dont you!.
Mind you, traffic on sunday should be quietest so far, as with all supermarkets closed, surely no need for anyone to be out in their car?.

Wouldn't mind a £ for every person who turns up at one on Sunday, having not realised?. You just know dont you!.
Mind you, traffic on sunday should be quietest so far, as with all supermarkets closed, surely no need for anyone to be out in their car?.
NHS, emergency services....

Just letting you know guys and gals. Most major supermarkets are shutting at 8pm this Good Friday, and are closed all day on Easter Sunday. So expect longer queues on Saturday.

Nothing new there. That's the same as every year in memory IIRC...... Friday and Monday are obviously bank holidays (so reduced hours) and Easter Sunday and Christmas day are the only 2 days of the year when all shops are completely closed.

Anyway, i'm dreading it, it's gonna be carnage!!

I saw two things on a little shop to Poundland and Wilko in Southend. One I'm not surprised, and one shocked me. The not surprised one was the Council still haven't put the notices up to say the car park is free, despite it being free for 3 weeks. The pay machines are on(I'm sure they can turn them off), and people were still putting money in. The thing that shocked me was as I drove into Essex Street car park, which is the big open air one behind The Sutton Arms, as you go in at the back, I had to steer past a gathering of about 8 women and kids, and on the other side where you drive out were about 12 men and boys playing football, contact, tackling the lot. The women and kids were sitting on the kerb, chatting and watching the football. They looked like Roma gypsy types, not that that bothers me, what bothers me is it was like there is no virus and no lockdown.

Back