• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Subbuteo Sets

Sometimes they use a set that covers various teams, like this.

subbuteo-w-team-ref-cardiff-city_360_aa4487fa7fb1984b3ff74cebb7d4ebbb.jpg

Last edited:
Yep have original green felt pitch, scoreboard Brown and football teams names no longer in the league
Have teams Peru, Zaire, Norwich, Newcastle, Ajax, FC Twente and the FA cups and old European cup
Think I have a couple of streakers as well

They were happy day, also had the subutteo alarm clock that ticked away the minutes

I remember giving all my original 70's and 80's Subbuteo teams, all boxed, including several sets of goals, pitches, scoreboard, stands, dugout and loads of other bits away when we moved house in around 1985. Would be worth a fortune now.

Also gave away all my Action Men stuff, had tons of it, another gold mine.

Collectible toys now. Never gave it a second thought at the time.

Still got a box load of Subbuteo in the loft. IIRC there are 8 teams, a box of inter changeable goalkeepers, pitch, goals and corner flags.

We had a league of about 8 of us at school and the CEO, fixtures secretary and head of travel and hospitality arrangements was non other the AndyT!

Still got a box load of Subbuteo in the loft. IIRC there are 8 teams, a box of inter changeable goalkeepers, pitch, goals and corner flags.

We had a league of about 8 of us at school
and the CEO, fixtures secretary and head of travel and hospitality arrangements was non other the AndyT!

Ditto.But back in the 60's in our case.With at least 4 players currently on SZ.

Yep have original green felt pitch, scoreboard Brown and football teams names no longer in the league
Have teams Peru, Zaire, Norwich, Newcastle, Ajax, FC Twente and the FA cups and old European cup
Think I have a couple of streakers as well

They were happy day, also had the subutteo alarm clock that ticked away the minutes

So many questions

Were the streakers on those bases and flicked onto the pitch like the players? Were they male or female?

Is scoreboard Brown when they use to call our ex-manager over the tannoy "Electrician to the scoreboard, electrician to the scoreboard"

If you are into your subbuteo stuff, check this guys out. He has posted a few things Southend related recently also...
I am not sure entirely if they sell actual figures or just prints though..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To start the week, here is the latest addition to the Subbuteo Style collection....Southend United. <a href="https://t.co/RylyJCFh0o">pic.twitter.com/RylyJCFh0o</a></p>&mdash; Subbuteo Style ⚽ (@SubbuteoStyle) <a href=" ">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you are into your subbuteo stuff, check this guys out. He has posted a few things Southend related recently also...
I am not sure entirely if they sell actual figures or just prints though..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To start the week, here is the latest addition to the Subbuteo Style collection....Southend United. <a href="https://t.co/RylyJCFh0o">pic.twitter.com/RylyJCFh0o</a></p>&mdash; Subbuteo Style ⚽ (@SubbuteoStyle) <a href=" ">April 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This guy sells digital prints. One on the list to get...

So many questions

Were the streakers on those bases and flicked onto the pitch like the players? Were they male or female?

Is scoreboard Brown when they use to call our ex-manager over the tannoy "Electrician to the scoreboard, electrician to the scoreboard"

No streakers were static and both men and women
Haha re scoreboard it’s way before your time, it was a time when men had to manually change the score, I’m going to dig them out over weekend

I’ve got a fairly complete generic set in the loft, standard red & blue teams. Back in the day I even had the official subbuteo floodlights!

God Yes I forgot about flood lights, lit up with small batteries, use to love winter , dark nights and just the flood lights on to illuminate the pitch or if not light enough , my dad held a torch lol

I used to prefer playing Striker where you pressed the players head to kick the ball. Seem to remember the heads would get a bit wobbly after a while, as only thin wire?

Last edited:
Back