• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Positivity

Talking to people on the phone, and not texting. Forgot how much we text and not just ring someone up. Before texting I never gave much thought about ringing someone up and just talking, its been great to reconnect with people who I just text.

I’ve been video calling with a lot of people I haven’t connected with in a while, due to not having the time.

I have lived in Rayleigh for all of my 61 years but my daily walks have taken me to roads I haven't been to in years. Places I used to cycle round, roller skate, the house of an old school friend whose parents still live there which had changed little. Don't see too many other people but those you do say hello or wave across the road.

Don't see too many other people but those you do say hello or wave across the road.

Whereas in Leigh, when i'm on my daily walk to Leigh Sation to get my copy of The Metro ( decent read imo ), anyone i see runs across the road, to the other side!.

Someone rang on our doorbell last night. I didn't want to answer but looked through the window to see a kid running down the steps from our front door to the road (our front door is well above road height). It was a kid from my youngest son's class out for a ride with his mum. I opened the door. Turns out they knocked on the door to say hello and that they were missing us!

We had a nice chat for about 5 minutes! Things like that just don't normally happen.

What a shame that is about the drawings for the NHS Nightingale though I did wonder about the sterility required and having all those drawings about.

What a shame that is about the drawings for the NHS Nightingale though I did wonder about the sterility required and having all those drawings about.

Unfortunately there is no fit and proper person test when opening a Facebook account.

Lots of people out in Westcliff.

Although I realised I don't know any of my neighbours which is a bit sad, but we all shared that moment.

More people round our way joined in this time...

Interestingly we heard from our doctor friend again. He was asked if he considers the "claps" condescending, or whether he appreciates them. He said both! He understands the argument that they are indeed condescending, but said that the NHS gets so little respect usually that it's nice to see/hear people showing their appreciation.

So, on that basis I personally think we should keep it going.

This is the link to watch the NT's production of One Man,Two Guvnors with James Cordon for free until next Thursday.It's hilarious.From next Thursday at 7pm (UK) the NT are broadcasting a new play throughout April. .Next week it's Jane Eyre.

I'm propergating a natty goatee these days. A bit salt & pepper maybe.

Next is growing out my hair. Man bun here I come #midlifecrisis

Last edited:
Back