• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Further to my earlier report, it's gone crazy down Sutton Road. More takeaways re-opened up tonight. The Seaview Chinese. Jerk Chicken. Fish&chip shop. Gulshan Tandoori. Square Pizza.
That's just a small distance from The Guildford to KFC. With the Chick Inn, that's 6 re-opened in a week in a tiny stretch. Again, my point isn't that they are not allowed to be open, it's that they have re-opened as if we are coming out of lockdown. Two of those had a few customers in the shop, with an obvious lack of social distancing.

Grouts the Bakers near Thames Drive, have been open everyday since lockdown!.

All of the Grouts shops have been open throughout - as bakers they're classed as essential. I'm hoping that the one in Benfleet will be better supported when Greggs re-opens.

As for car washes, seems Castle Point Council have given permission for them to open, so there's one open on Canvey - haven't seen any others open though.

Further to my earlier report, it's gone crazy down Sutton Road. More takeaways re-opened up tonight. The Seaview Chinese. Jerk Chicken. Fish&chip shop. Gulshan Tandoori. Square Pizza.
That's just a small distance from The Guildford to KFC. With the Chick Inn, that's 6 re-opened in a week in a tiny stretch. Again, my point isn't that they are not allowed to be open, it's that they have re-opened as if we are coming out of lockdown. Two of those had a few customers in the shop, with an obvious lack of social distancing.
I think Seaview has been open the whole time whilst Lucky House was open the whole time until last week. Don't know about the others. This doesn't bother me though, these establishments are allowed to be open, some might have closed temporarily for various reasons. Some may have been able to take 2-3 weeks closed but now need to open to survive. I wouldn't read too much into it until shops that shouldn't be open start following suit.

I think Seaview has been open the whole time whilst Lucky House was open the whole time until last week. Don't know about the others. This doesn't bother me though, these establishments are allowed to be open, some might have closed temporarily for various reasons. Some may have been able to take 2-3 weeks closed but now need to open to survive. I wouldn't read too much into it until shops that shouldn't be open start following suit.

No, Seaview has been closed. I live near the road, plus my friend who lives in Sutton Road had been complaining as he's one of their best customers. He got excited a couple of weeks ago as the lights were on, but when he looked through the window, they were closed and doing maintenance work. Most have been closed since the start of the lockdown. I think they saw The Chick Inn open up last week, and have all followed suit. Most will be trying to save their business. Some are and some are not following the correct guidelines, which is meant to be more collection or delivery based.

All of the Grouts shops have been open throughout - as bakers they're classed as essential. I'm hoping that the one in Benfleet will be better supported when Greggs re-opens.

As for car washes, seems Castle Point Council have given permission for them to open, so there's one open on Canvey - haven't seen any others open though.
Why open up car washes? If automated OK, but surely not the cash only pop up ones

The Gulshan Tandoori has been open throughout for deliveries they haven't just reopened.

The Gulshan Tandoori has been open throughout for deliveries they haven't just reopened.

I go late shopping on the Greyhound Estate, so no queues, and less people to avoid in Lidl, Farmfoods and Iceland. Especially Lidl as it opens til 10pm. Sutton Road is on my night time walk exercise every night as well. Gulshan have been a strange one as open for deliveries half the lockdown, half the nights closed. Now seem to be open full time.

I go late shopping on the Greyhound Estate, so no queues, and less people to avoid in Lidl, Farmfoods and Iceland. Especially Lidl as it opens til 10pm. Sutton Road is on my night time walk exercise every night as well. Gulshan have been a strange one as open for deliveries half the lockdown, half the nights closed. Now seem to be open full time.

Well, they've not failed to answer each time I've called for a delivery to have a bit of a change of diet. Perhaps I've just got lucky and picked the right nights.

I used to love a Gulshan.

Are they still any good?

For those of us who live in Shoeburyness the fish and chip shop in West Road is open Wed to Sat 4pm till 8.30pm. Was really busy on Saturday, you place an order and stand outside social distancing until your food is ready. Very good quality too.

I used to love a Gulshan.

Are they still any good?

Tend to use the Ashiana in Southchurch Road these days for my 'sit ins' as they have a bit of a different menu to most Indian restaurants but I use Gulshan for takeaways and they are still very good, portions normally too much for me to manage in one sitting these days but quality is still good.

Went for a longer wall than usual on Monday and touched briefly along the seafront.

Couldn't believe the queue at the ice cream place near ocean beach. Since when is ice cream essential? People sitting on the sea wall and eating ice creams. Madness.

Went for a longer wall than usual on Monday and touched briefly along the seafront.

Couldn't believe the queue at the ice cream place near ocean beach. Since when is ice cream essential? People sitting on the sea wall and eating ice creams. Madness.

And this is on a dull wet day. What will the seafront be like when the hot sunny days arrive?

Was it Rossi ice cream that they were eating?. If so I'm coming down tomorrow ,missing my Rossi during this lockdown.
Well no, thought about it but at 61 decided not to - I might tomorrow though !

There seemed to be much fewer bin men out working on the wagons this morning. These guys have been at the front thru this.
They are fit and certainly get the job done as quick as possible.
I hope those missing today are taking well earned holiday time and not gone Covid.

Back