• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frontline update

Hi Lee , I don't know you (only from on here) but I wish you and all your colleagues a speedy recovery.
I won't get political (for obvious reasons) but you are all doing a marvellous job with what equipment you have , and the conditions you have to cope with.

NHS 4 Ever
Cheers mate...I am insanely political and have canvassed on doorsteps in the past. I am doing a bit of a political truce at the moment but there will be politics lol

Ello only me. So the numbers in southend hospital are improving in terms of ventilated patients...16 as of yesterday. Compare that to 32 a little over a week ago. There are still covid patients needing treatment however and unfortunately fatalities too. But there is evidence that lockdown is working. Patience is vital now. Another 3 weeks of lockdown is necessary in my opinion for us to get decent numbers in terms of new cases. It will be extremely interesting to see the numbers in italy and spain over the next 2 to 3 weeks as they lessen lockdown conditions.

Ello only me. So the numbers in southend hospital are improving in terms of ventilated patients...16 as of yesterday. Compare that to 32 a little over a week ago. There are still covid patients needing treatment however and unfortunately fatalities too. But there is evidence that lockdown is working. Patience is vital now. Another 3 weeks of lockdown is necessary in my opinion for us to get decent numbers in terms of new cases. It will be extremely interesting to see the numbers in italy and spain over the next 2 to 3 weeks as they lessen lockdown conditions.

And how are you, yourself? Are you over the virus?

Totally agree with you on that but it seems all the talk is that restrictions will start to be relaxed this week. I think that’s just absolutely crazy! Especially when we Spain and Italy have been in lockdown for longer and only just tailing off their numbers. I really think in my i’m not an expert opinion that if we relax too early we will be hit with a second wave.

We’re going to see a second wave when lockdown restrictions are lifted. That’s just an epidemiological fact. I think things will be relaxed to the extent that schools can open, business can open up under strict conditions, and shops reopen. However cases and deaths will continue because the virus is still in the population and it’ll continue to transmit. They’ll be monitoring the rate of transmission to try and respond more quickly than they did, to avoid the peak rapidly building again and overwhelming the NHS. The new normal until a vaccine is available will be under some restrictions, and we could very well go back into a full lockdown if necessary. The plan is all about managing this second (and subsequent) peaks over the next 12 months

I think the thing is also, once restrictions are lifted, a number of people will be very cautious. They’ll choose themselves to continue isolating to an extent .. through fear of catching the virus. Those that can work from home still, most likely will. Be interesting to see what they do about London transport.

I think the thing is also, once restrictions are lifted, a number of people will be very cautious. They’ll choose themselves to continue isolating to an extent .. through fear of catching the virus. Those that can work from home still, most likely will. Be interesting to see what they do about London transport.

Indeed. Tube trains will be rammed to capacity again and the virus will spread once more.

I don’t think that’ll be the case, I think it’ll be carnage and people going places just because they can. People being stuck in for so long they’re desperate to go out. We’ve seen it with the queues at B&Q once they announced they were opening stores. Imagine what McDonald’s and Greggs will be like when they open up.

some people will continue to take this seriously and do what they can to minimise transmission - only going out when essential, and continuing to wash their hands etc.

some people will see the lifting of restrictions as the opportunity to let their hair down and think that life has gone back to normal. I don't think I really want to be out and about with these people just yet.

some people will continue to take this seriously and do what they can to minimise transmission - only going out when essential, and continuing to wash their hands etc.

some people will see the lifting of restrictions as the opportunity to let their hair down and think that life has gone back to normal. I don't think I really want to be out and about with these people just yet.

Nope I’m with you there. Keeping my family safe and making sure they don’t catch the disease is more important than going out for a Greggs.

Nope I’m with you there. Keeping my family safe and making sure they don’t catch the disease is more important than going out for a Greggs.
Woah woah woah that sounds a little extreme to me! Can't wait for my first post-lockdown Greggs

See that’s 3 of us already. There will be a section of society that obviously will be straight back to “old ways” but I’m keeping my distance and so will a fair percentage, I reckon. Can you imagine if/when Wetherspoons opens. Carnage.

See that’s 3 of us already. There will be a section of society that obviously will be straight back to “old ways” but I’m keeping my distance and so will a fair percentage, I reckon. Can you imagine if/when Wetherspoons opens. Carnage.

They won’t have any staff to open. Didn’t the bloke fire all of his staff?

Trouble is keeping your family safe also means having an economy, jobs and income. If you worked for Greggs you may be hoping to get back to work soon and that there will be customers to keep you in a job. There will have to be compromises. For all the honey coated words at every stage some poor sod is making the decisions balancing how much death from Covid is acceptable to save the economy and the health issues arising from poverty and less funding being available for health services. You can't have everything and complain about everything. It's crap I know.

I don’t think that’ll be the case, I think it’ll be carnage and people going places just because they can. People being stuck in for so long they’re desperate to go out. We’ve seen it with the queues at B&Q once they announced they were opening stores. Imagine what McDonald’s and Greggs will be like when they open up.
I'm not convinced queues are evidence of people being desperate to go out. B&Q letting in 20-30 people at a time and having a distanced queue of 20-30 people is just what the new normal could end up being. It looks bad because we associate queuing with busy, but I can't imagine having 50 people in the store at any time has ever counted as a rush of people for a store like that before.

The death of Wetherspoons is one of the few bright sparks of this whole situation.

Obviously I hope the staff find good and fulfilling careers with employers who treat them with respect and dignity.

The death of Wetherspoons is one of the few bright sparks of this whole situation.

Obviously I hope the staff find good and fulfilling careers with employers who treat them with respect and dignity.
My eldest works for Spoons and it's incredible how lax it is.

Back