• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

I believe a Spitfire and a Hurricane have just flown low over our house on route to Southend Airport. Is there any local reason in the town for their arrival does anyone know? Even with old technology they were quieter than the Ryan Air boeing737s that still land there.

I believe a Spitfire and a Hurricane have just flown low over our house on route to Southend Airport. Is there any local reason in the town for their arrival does anyone know? Even with old technology they were quieter than the Ryan Air boeing737s that still land there.
The echo is saying they are re-fueling at the airport.

VE Day celebrations Friday

There's been a lot of uptake on the VE Day bunting in our road and Chez Roots now has red, white and blue bunting fluttering proudly across the front of house. Congrats to Sancto by the way, my neighbour and I ordered ours on-line on Sunday via click and collect only to have them dropped off by Sancto to our front doors later that Sunday afternoon.

The 'suspended parking' signs along Belton Way in Leigh have been changed from 11th May to 31st May, so guess it's the same all the way to Shoebury?.
Looks like another 3 weeks of 'stay indoors etc' looming?.

East of Maplin Way was always the border. No matter what the new estate on the old brick fields or around the Shore House tried to claim.

Spot on.

Delivering down LDN Rd earlier between BP and Chalkwell School and it was packed down there. Little cafes have started to re-open, vaping shops open, roads busy and load of people about. The contrast between now and 5 weeks back is massive. Quite a few police cars driving about, but not seen them stop anyone personally!

East of Maplin Way was always the border. No matter what the new estate on the old brick fields or around the Shore House tried to claim.

Maplin Way still is the postal boundary. east of Maplin Way is Shoeburyness, west is Southend on Sea.
It is also the political boundary, everything to the east of Maplin Way and Maplin Way North is in West Shoebury ward.

Thorpe Bay does not officially exist as a postal address, strictly speaking Thorpe Bay was always regarded as a strip of land running from Maplin Way to Thorpe Hall Avenue extending 1/4 mile inland from the mean high water mark. It was a name conjured up by estate agents to cover the wider area, bit like how Southchurch has suddenly morphed into Southchurch Village...

Maplin Way still is the postal boundary. east of Maplin Way is Shoeburyness, west is Southend on Sea.
It is also the political boundary, everything to the east of Maplin Way and Maplin Way North is in West Shoebury ward.

Thorpe Bay does not officially exist as a postal address, strictly speaking Thorpe Bay was always regarded as a strip of land running from Maplin Way to Thorpe Hall Avenue extending 1/4 mile inland from the mean high water mark. It was a name conjured up by estate agents to cover the wider area, bit like how Southchurch has suddenly morphed into Southchurch Village...

This is absolutely correct.

Went to get my meds today (Waits for comments, haha) and we seem to be out of lockdown. More shops open. People and cars everywhere. Four different groups playing football in Jones Memorial ground, one about 6 v 6. And my friends daughter went for a walk down the seafront, and said it was mobbed, despite the council saying it's closed, don't come down. It seems Mr Miller's message has won.
Oh dear!
Probably the weirdest thing I heard today was someone was doing a boot sale, on his own in the public car park behind Polski Sklep food plus, opposite the Cricketers.

Last edited:
SOUTHEND Hospital tonight responded to images of daytrippers on
Southend seafront, saying: "Think we might be busy in a couple of weeks folks!!!"

The hospital's critical care unit - which is leading the fight against Covid-19 - is clearly angry by pictures of so many people on the seafront.

It came after Southend councillor Martin Terry said he was furious with people for coming to the town, risking the spread of coronavirus.
Mr Terry said: “I have to say, I’m furious. We’ve simply been overwhelmed, and the central seafront is absolutely packed.

“I honestly cant believe the ignorance of people. We’ve got our NHS staff making sacrifices to keep everyone safe and healthy

This was taken today west of the pier.
EXk7g8-XgAIv5jq

SOUTHEND Hospital tonight responded to images of daytrippers on
Southend seafront, saying: "Think we might be busy in a couple of weeks folks!!!"

The hospital's critical care unit - which is leading the fight against Covid-19 - is clearly angry by pictures of so many people on the seafront.

It came after Southend councillor Martin Terry said he was furious with people for coming to the town, risking the spread of coronavirus.
Mr Terry said: “I have to say, I’m furious. We’ve simply been overwhelmed, and the central seafront is absolutely packed.
“I honestly cant believe the ignorance of people. We’ve got our NHS staff making sacrifices to keep everyone safe and healthy

This was taken today west of the pier.
EXk7g8-XgAIv5jq

Disgusting, although it is likely that Southend Hospital won't be the ones busy in a few weeks, rather the local hospitals to where these scumbags live, I would bet the vast majority are from outside the Borough.

By no means an excuse but I believe the lack of clarity over what sort of plan is needed to get out of this lockdown is leading people to decide for themselves.

As mentioned elsewhere, fines need to be ramped up to £1k minimum for each person and handed out like confetti.

rather the local hospitals to where these scumbags live, I would bet the vast majority are from outside the Borough.

So where are they all parking??. All central seafront & nearby car parks closed so are they coming into town by train?.

Back