• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note it is quite possible and usual to play golf even with a fourball whilst maintaining distant, and payment via card so no interaction with starter! 19th hole obviously a no go.

On a serious note it is quite possible and usual to play golf even with a fourball whilst maintaining distant, and payment via card so no interaction with starter! 19th hole obviously a no go.
Especially if you leave the pin in the hole and don't rake the bunkers.

We need to ensure fines are handed out and paid, not forgotten
Not enough clarity for the police to issue the fines without a long drawn out saga

Cannot understand sit in a park 2 metres from a stranger who could be a carrier, families will be split as some kids will be in school and others not

Last edited by a moderator:
The below is taken from the BBC website with a link to his Twitter feed:

"And Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden says sports like golf, basketball, tennis and fishing will now be possible for people in the same household."

Good news on the fishing front for me, could never understand why this was a problem before as my club has limited numbers and i hardly see anyone whenever i go anyway, but hey ho, let's hope people act responsibly and not ruin everything sacrificed so far.

Why do moderators have a history of twisting words or avoiding half the post in order to virtue signal their own cause.

The fact is many people who aren't getting paid have made a much bigger sacrifice than others yet millions of people have landed in Britain with no restrictions.

A family getting in their own car and going to the beach in Southend, or a walk in the country park have less contact than you going to your local corner shop let alone Tesco or Sainsbury's.......For people to claim they are spreading the virus is utter nonsense.....Some of the statements on hear are embarrasing.

Bangladesh has a population of 164m with no social distancing yet less than 300 have died....Anyone want to explain that?.....And yes they have had it as long as us.

What you are posting is simply not true. Bangladesh did social distance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Bangladesh#Social_distancing_measures

A tad worrying that just a few days after lifting restrictions in Germany, their infection repro rate has gone from below 1 to 1.13. That may seem a small rise but it's still a rise, especially for one of the few nations that appeared to have something of a tentative grip on things.....

What you are posting is simply not true. Bangladesh did social distance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Bangladesh#Social_distancing_measures

So let me get this right. You believe in Dhaka, one of the most densely and poorest cities in the world.......Has managed 'social distancing' for its 21,000,000 people.

Perhaps their NHS is better than ours. Or maybe going to your second home in the country is really the right thing to do.....We aren't allowed unless you are Emma (I hate Britian) Thompson.....Although its really her 3rd home so perhaps thats allowed.

And who in the world would trust figures from Bangladesh? Especially as it's been proven that if you are black or from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh, you are more likely to die if infected. Also, in some countries, those that are in control of certain regions can get in trouble if their infection rate is high (Possible death if reports from China is true), so they give out a low false figure.

And who in the world would trust figures from Bangladesh? Especially as it's been proven that if you are black or from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh, you are more likely to die if infected. Also, in some countries, those that are in control of certain regions can get in trouble if their infection rate is high (Possible death if reports from China is true), so they give out a low false figure.

It's a slight increased risk, not a nailed on certainty that you're going to die.

So let me get this right. You believe in Dhaka, one of the most densely and poorest cities in the world.......Has managed 'social distancing' for its 21,000,000 people.

Perhaps their NHS is better than ours. Or maybe going to your second home in the country is really the right thing to do.....We aren't allowed unless you are Emma (I hate Britian) Thompson.....Although its really her 3rd home so perhaps thats allowed.
Oh i’ve missed u Riggers !?

Anyway, I fear the worst if people are going back to work from this week in London. You can't do social distancing on the tube and buses during busy times. Many can't do social distancing in the workplace, despite some of the owners of the businesses saying otherwise. I think certain people have buckled under the pressure of bussinessmen and donators. The Scottish krankie woman is doing the right thing. I think another month the same stay at home lockdown would have been much better.

According to figures more people have died in Basildon hospital than Bangladesh..

More reason that we are not ready to come out of lockdown in this country then. Both figures are impossible to get right, but I suspect the Bangladesh figure is probably more than ten times what they are saying.

Perhaps in Bangaladesh there's more of a realisation that isolating is for the greater good, not the me me me of Western society where people think "**** this" and go down the seafront for a BBQ with friends. Where the police would be more likely to stick an AK47 in the faces of anyone who breaks lockdown rather than friendly chat from a PCSO who's routinely ignored?

More reason that we are not ready to come out of lockdown in this country then. Both figures are impossible to get right, but I suspect the Bangladesh figure is probably more than ten times what they are saying.

Why would Bangladesh have to lie?.....If there numbers were 100 times they still wouldn't be more than us.

What about the families in Britain who have fought not to have COVID 19 on the death certificate because that is not what caused the death of their mum or dad.

Not sure if this is widely known information, so for those who feel they are being forced into dangerous circumstances, this could be the ace up your sleeve;

Section 44 of the 1996 Employment Rights Act

d)in circumstances of danger which the employee reasonably believed to be serious and imminent and which he could not reasonably have been expected to avert, he left (or proposed to leave) or (while the danger persisted) refused to return to his place of work or any dangerous part of his place of work, or

(e)in circumstances of danger which the employee reasonably believed to be serious and imminent, he took (or proposed to take) appropriate steps to protect himself or other persons from the danger.

Perhaps in Bangaladesh there's more of a realisation that isolating is for the greater good, not the me me me of Western society where people think "**** this" and go down the seafront for a BBQ with friends. Where the police would be more likely to stick an AK47 in the faces of anyone who breaks lockdown rather than friendly chat from a PCSO who's routinely ignored?

From my observations on the sea front it wasn't just it westernised Bangladeshi families, there were other BAME families as well. Not sure why you think living in Britain would make them selfish law breakers compared to Bangladesh.

There were also groups of Eastern Europeans and even some Stamford Hill Cowboys as they usually prefer the bit of beach near me. Still you are right, the not so friendly PCSO were only targeting 'white British'...Perhaps they are less likely to routinely ignore the advice.

The claims have of course have been blown out of all proportion and there was plenty of safe space on the beach and you should remember many of those BAME families are doing key work in London but life in very cramped flats or even illegal HMO's......Why shouldn't they be allowed more time in the local park or on the beach than you or I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back