• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Aha, thought I was missing something ?.. good to hear it’s a decent watch, you never know with these sequels (see later Die Hard films).

I take a lot of them with a pinch of salt like the Fast and Furious franchise. I watch it just because it’s a bit of fun.

The new bad boys was really enjoyable though a good blend of humour and violence.

Saw the Bill Douglas Triology again last night.One of the most moving and poetic childhood memoirs in British cinema.The DVD extras include a a film school short "Come Dancing" clearly shot on Southend pier.

Given the number of films you've watched and reported on here, then add on the number of books you've read and TV programmes you've recommended and music you've listened to right now, when do you find time to sleep or work @Tangled up in Blue? Ooops, forgot the Grauniad quotes as well. :Winking:

Given the number of films you've watched and reported on here, then add on the number of books you've read and TV programmes you've recommended and music you've listened to right now, when do you find time to sleep or work @Tangled up in Blue? Ooops, forgot the Grauniad quotes as well. :Winking:

Work isn't a problem as my online classses finished last week.Haven't lost a minute of sleep since this thing started, either.Remember I am supposed to be retired.Not impyling I spend too much time on SZ ,by any chance, are you? :Winking:

Saw Terence Davies's British masterpiece (1988) Distant Voices,Small Lives again last night.Always reminds me of student sing songs in the back room of a small Irish pub in Molesley back in the early 70's.

Finally watched “Hidden Figures “ last nights (terrestrial TV repeated every couple of days it seems)
Very good , very much enjoyed it. Make sure you watch the credits at the end.
Very uplifting, so especially relevant at the moment. Easy 8/10 , possibly higher

Introduced by kid to Ghostbusters and was surprised (despite it being a PG) how sweary & sexual it is. Bill Murray comes across as a letchy sexual predator, the acting is wooden (apart from the glorious Sigourney Weaver) but MK Jnr enjoyed it. There aren't that many busted ghosts either to be frank.

It's most definitely a film of it's time. Don't think we'll be bothering with 2.

Introduced by kid to Ghostbusters and was surprised (despite it being a PG) how sweary & sexual it is. Bill Murray comes across as a letchy sexual predator, the acting is wooden (apart from the glorious Sigourney Weaver) but MK Jnr enjoyed it. There aren't that many busted ghosts either to be frank.

It's most definitely a film of it's time. Don't think we'll be bothering with 2.

Ghostbusters 2 is better than 1 in my opinion - a proper script, funnier scenes, and the most feelgood ending of any film.

Ghostbusters 2 is better than 1 in my opinion - a proper script, funnier scenes, and the most feelgood ending of any film.
How you can ignore Rick Moranis in that film is a mystery. It was a child of it's times but still enjoyable then and now on a re-run.

First Ghostbusters definitely stands the test of time and is by far the best one. Hugely successful at the box office whereas the others largely bombed.

Why do so many 80s films have scenes that make you cringe when watching with kids?

I am thinking of the bit where invisible hands unzip ray Stantz...

Why do so many 80s films have scenes that make you cringe when watching with kids?

I am thinking of the bit where invisible hands unzip ray Stantz...

Absolutely. Hand over eyes time there, fortunately very short.

Also the scene where Sigourney is possessed and tells Venkman that she wants him inside her. :Facepalm:

Back