• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Even more so with the "travellers" who pitched up the other day I should imagine!
Talking of travellers, a group of 5/6 caravans have pitched up in the green area next to David Lloyds car park in Snakes Lane. It's going down ever so well with the locals, and the pile of black bags by the road side there grows every day.

Talking of travellers, a group of 5/6 caravans have pitched up in the green area next to David Lloyds car park in Snakes Lane. It's going down ever so well with the locals, and the pile of black bags by the road side there grows every day.

The thing is that a woman in her 40s was walking her two dogs there as she always does, and one of her dogs barked at one of the traveller men. He cursed and threw a chair at her and her dogs, twice. She rightly objected, and he made threats to kill her and her dogs. He forced her off the land. Obviously certain people can do what they want.

I heard this from my sister. Seemingly under these new 'rules' you can travel as far as you like (as long as you don't get within 2 metres of anyone including not more than 1 person outside your household) but why on earth you'd travel from Manchester to Southend is beyond me. The pier isn't that impressive. Are we sure they travelled down just for a Rossi's?

I wasn't near the seafront yesterday but I was the day before and it was busy. On the whole, the 2 metre rule was being observed but again, I'm baffled as to why people have this need to be near other people. Even without a pandemic I would steer well clear of the beach on a hot day.

The media love to stir things up, so not surprised this has made the news (and of course....Twitter).

(As I'm sure Yogi will confim) there's currently a 100 kilometer travel maximum in France.Certainly better than in Catalunya,which isn't due to reach phase 1 of the Spanish lockdown exit stategy until next Monday.

(As I'm sure Yogi will confim) there's currently a 100 kilometer travel maximum in France.Certainly better than in Catalunya,which isn't due to reach phase 1 of the Spanish lockdown exit stategy until next Monday.
Yes That's correct for France. And over here the police will stop you and ask where you live (proof of residence has to be carried) and if you're more than 100km away from home without a valid reason (there are a few) you will be fined on the spot. Not like in England a few quid but 135 euros. As of Wednesday they'd already issued 950 fines, after only 8 days of "deconfinement". AND whilst they have re-opened SOME of the beaches it's only for exercise (swimming, walking etc) and it's not allowed to merely sit or sunbathe - or else it's another fine! We're 150 km from the sea here, so can't go.... yet, and we'll have to wait anyway as what can we do once there other than walk or swim?

B and Q in Southend yesterday afternoon had long winding queues. Took an hour by the time our items were purchased and we left the store. Everyone was at least two metres apart and the whole place was very well organised. Pay by card only. A snapshot of what shopping will be like for many months to come.

From Facebook - one of my Junior Blues, and his mum ? :

This picture speaks a 1000000 words! It’s been 5 weeks since his mummy put on her uniform again after having been off at the start of the pandemic. 5 weeks since they cuddled, 5 weeks since they shared a meal together! This was last night (Thursday), he wanted to be there for his mummy while the ambulance service paid respect to the colleague that sadly lost the C-19 battle this week! Stay home, so our key worker Childers can go home! ???

Max Flynn.jpg

Yes That's correct for France. And over here the police will stop you and ask where you live (proof of residence has to be carried) and if you're more than 100km away from home without a valid reason (there are a few) you will be fined on the spot. Not like in England a few quid but 135 euros. As of Wednesday they'd already issued 950 fines, after only 8 days of "deconfinement". AND whilst they have re-opened SOME of the beaches it's only for exercise (swimming, walking etc) and it's not allowed to merely sit or sunbathe - or else it's another fine! We're 150 km from the sea here, so can't go.... yet, and we'll have to wait anyway as what can we do once there other than walk or swim?

In theory yes
.But we managed to get from the border to Cebazan (a distance of about 150 kilometres) the other week without being stopped at all.Unfortunately the rest of what you say is quite true.

B and Q in Southend yesterday afternoon had long winding queues. Took an hour by the time our items were purchased and we left the store. Everyone was at least two metres apart and the whole place was very well organised. Pay by card only. A snapshot of what shopping will be like for many months to come.

I don't think the 2m rule will last much longer. Cant see how public transport, bars and clubs will be able operate. Walked past a building site this morning and there wasn't much distancing going on there. Most supermarkets I've been to seemed to operate ok until someone really needs that tin of beans in front of you and then its quickly forgotten about. I hope the virus makes allowances for this!

From Facebook - one of my Junior Blues, and his mum ? :

This picture speaks a 1000000 words! It’s been 5 weeks since his mummy put on her uniform again after having been off at the start of the pandemic. 5 weeks since they cuddled, 5 weeks since they shared a meal together! This was last night (Thursday), he wanted to be there for his mummy while the ambulance service paid respect to the colleague that sadly lost the C-19 battle this week! Stay home, so our key worker Childers can go home! ???

View attachment 12181
Gee, that's awful

I don't think the 2m rule will last much longer. Cant see how public transport, bars and clubs will be able operate. Walked past a building site this morning and there wasn't much distancing going on there. Most supermarkets I've been to seemed to operate ok until someone really needs that tin of beans in front of you and then its quickly forgotten about. I hope the virus makes allowances for this!

The bus issue is going to be interesting. At my work some of the remote stands where the aircraft park need busses to pick up the passengers. They’ve done risk assessments and reckon they will be able to fit a maximum of 12 passengers. This is normally 60 odd passengers. We will now go from 1 or 2 busses for a flight to 5 or 6. It’s just not viable on public transport.

The bus issue is going to be interesting. At my work some of the remote stands where the aircraft park need busses to pick up the passengers. They’ve done risk assessments and reckon they will be able to fit a maximum of 12 passengers. This is normally 60 odd passengers. We will now go from 1 or 2 busses for a flight to 5 or 6. It’s just not viable on public transport.

I'm in dentistry and social distancing is something that I cant do at work! Still not allowed to do routine dentistry, and the lack of leadership at the top is getting embarrassing. No one will give us the all clear to go back to work, although technically no one told us to stop. If that makes sense! Some of the nonsense coming from the CDO I do wonder if she has actually visited planet earth.

Any mention on how they’ll impose social distancing whilst people are queuing to board a flight yet mate?

If flights were operating at a 2/3 capacity, that’s still about 120 people they need to find space for.... and the departure lounge of Southend airport isn’t that big.

Any mention on how they’ll impose social distancing whilst people are queuing to board a flight yet mate?

If flights were operating at a 2/3 capacity, that’s still about 120 people they need to find space for.... and the departure lounge of Southend airport isn’t that big.

I should know next week what London City will be doing, as for Southend Airport I haven’t got a clue. It will all be similar to supermarkets. Queuing 2m’s apart and having check in desks with shields up. It will be interesting to see the final plans and how they’re going to get around this.

Although the 2 weeks isolation on returning/arriving in the UK will really **** the travel industry.

I should know next week what London City will be doing, as for Southend Airport I haven’t got a clue. It will all be similar to supermarkets. Queuing 2m’s apart and having check in desks with shields up. It will be interesting to see the final plans and how they’re going to get around this.

Although the 2 weeks isolation on returning/arriving in the UK will really **** the travel industry.

You’re right about the quarantine killing tourism.

Keep us updated when you hear their plans. I’m genuinely intrigued by it. I recall some bigwig from Heathrow suggesting that to board a standard jumbo jet with social distancing measures, the queue would end up being 1km in length - which of course is not possible.

You’re right about the quarantine killing tourism.

Keep us updated when you hear their plans. I’m genuinely intrigued by it. I recall some bigwig from Heathrow suggesting that to board a standard jumbo jet with social distancing measures, the queue would end up being 1km in length - which of course is not possible.

He’s also the same bloke who said social distancing at airports and on aircraft doesn’t work. I am with him on that it’s a logistical nightmare. I will let you know when I hear more over the next week.

He’s got a point. Only logical way I can think of it coming close to working, is to restrict the number of flights at any one time, and have them flying at only 1/3 capacity.

Which of course, can’t and won’t happen.

I guess this 2m ruling is what's having a massive effect on a lot of businesses!
Are we the only country with this? and is this something that will have to be reduced to help the economy?

I guess this 2m ruling is what's having a massive effect on a lot of businesses!
Are we the only country with this? and is this something that will have to be reduced to help the economy?

I believe that most countries have a 1m suggestion for social distancing and that only the UK has 2m and most legislation around this is based upon common sense rather than scientific advice.

Back