• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

I sort of don't blame them really. This virus doesn't really affect them health wise and they are going to pay for the cost of this for the next twenty years with taxation and high unemployment. So why not go out and have a beer in the sun.

Also large groups at the grass area near Thorpe Bay yacht club again ignoring all advice on numbers and distancing.When your in the invincible age group with raging hormones and alcohol life's one big party with little thought for others.Just have to hope older family don't pay the price for a bit of fun

Have been walking over there most days and most people are keeping to the distancing guidelines apart from groups of 6 to 8 young people all sitting together. However, more worrying are the scenes at Trafalgar Square, other European countries must think the UK is a madhouse.

I sort of don't blame them really. This virus doesn't really affect them health wise and they are going to pay for the cost of this for the next twenty years with taxation and high unemployment. So why not go out and have a beer in the sun.

As long as the virus doesn’t really affect them .....

Yep I with you on that. But never underestimate the power of being young and having a drink and mixing with the opposite sex
I don't think any parent does, or for that matter, anyone that has been a teenager. Having included the entire adult population of the UK, I hope they don't end up banged up again in full lock-down as a result.

Also large groups at the grass area near Thorpe Bay yacht club again ignoring all advice on numbers and distancing.When your in the invincible age group with raging hormones and alcohol life's one big party with little thought for others.Just have to hope older family don't pay the price for a bit of fun
Was driving along there yesterday evening and had OB in front without doing a thing! Not all that young to be fair.

It sort of does have that feel of the eighties. Don't knock the YTS I'm a product of it! Nothing wrong with a bit of slave labour, didn't do me any harm. Oh wait. I'm off to watch the young ones.

Aftermath yesterday morning in old Leigh, photo taken by a friend who lives nearby, dirty scumbags

Old Leigh 1.jpg

Old Leigh 2.jpg

Last edited:
The travellers latest. Today the Echo reports that they have moved on to Laindon Hills. We drove past 10 minutes ago and there were still several caravans still parked up next to David Lloyds. For once the Echo is obviously reporting ahead of reality!

The travellers latest. Today the Echo reports that they have moved on to Laindon Hills. We drove past 10 minutes ago and there were still several caravans still parked up next to David Lloyds. For once the Echo is obviously reporting ahead of reality!

The person I know that lives opposite the David Lloyd Centre, said 3 caravans pulled out. He's very happy, as it's a start. He is watching and praying for them all to move. He said it's been an absolute nightmare, especially regarding the swimming pool and the drunken parties through the night. He said what upset him and his neighbours the most is that the lockdown rules to this day say no using public swimming pools. That is a public swimming pool, and the police and council did nothing every day, despite the breaking of government rules. He also said with late night parties, once complaints come in, any council is meant to send one or two of their enviromental team, to monitor the noise, and they have the power to serve notice, seize equipment, and even prosecute if re-offending. Nothing was done of course, and the parties went on.

We know that the economy has got to restart ......but the cost to the local taxpayer of the barriers, extra staff ,toilets etc for the last couple of weeks just so a handful of takeaway shops can operate doesn't seem logical to me on the cost front unless parking tips the balance.
Also how many of the visitors are actually local and spending money.Just hope we don't have to add in the cost to the NHS if there is a spike in numbers caused by the councils relaxation.

I cycled through old Leigh last night and there were huge gangs of teenagers ignoring social distancing and a load of crappy modded cars on Bell Wharf

Maybe this should go in 'whats hacking you off?' but what is it with people and their desperation for a b****y MacDonalds.
The scenes at the one by Garons beggar belief. Why would you want to queue for 90 minutes? It also seems to have taken the police away from more important things to control the friction with the residents who have had their parking removed!

Maybe this should go in 'whats hacking you off?' but what is it with people and their desperation for a b****y MacDonalds.
The scenes at the one by Garons beggar belief. Why would you want to queue for 90 minutes? It also seems to have taken the police away from more important things to control the friction with the residents who have had their parking removed!

Same up here. Madness. People also queued for over 3 hours to get into Ikea. Crazy.

Same up here. Madness. People also queued for over 3 hours to get into Ikea. Crazy.
Maybe put a MacDonalds inside an Ikea, that way you could eat crap whilst looking at crap Ikea furniture.

Back