• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Custard Splat Podcast

The common theme with these recordings and others I've heard involving ex players, how the club have mucked them around, being let down, false promises etc

Obvously, there are two sides to every story but this feedback is coming from 'everyone' even through the good days!

I listen to Under the Cosh podcast and they have a lot of footballers from all around the country. It happens at all clubs all too often. It’s not always down to the chairman it’s sometimes the managers way of getting rid of a player. They make out the club don’t want to play ball on their contract and it gets them out. Their latest episode with Iain Hume it happened to him a couple of times.

I’m not defending the clubs actions but it is a very common occurrence in football at all clubs.

Great interview lads. Darryl is a true blues legend. I met Darryl on 20th June 2008 in his barbers in Billericay with his son Aaron. It was my 50th birthday he was so nice, we chatted for ages. ( I must dig out the photo we took) He’d just come back from holiday in the states, Ron had told him no deal on the two year contract. He was rightfully livid. It must be gauling for RM if he watches this interview to hear where it all went wrong for our club. The Bournemouth model was what could have been!!!!!.....sadly we missed our chance.

Attachments

• F03FB8B4-176F-4785-A829-F824AE1DB4B6.jpeg
    F03FB8B4-176F-4785-A829-F824AE1DB4B6.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 35
Flavs defiantly the best one yet. Was there any reason as to not mentioning or asking about his brother ?

Flavs defiantly the best one yet. Was there any reason as to not mentioning or asking about his brother ?

Didn’t really see it necessary to bring up a tragedy that happened 19 years ago. The time Flavs did mention Aaron was off his own back and we never had it in our notes to bring it up just out of moral really. We all know what happened

Didn’t really see it necessary to bring up a tragedy that happened 19 years ago. The time Flavs did mention Aaron was off his own back and we never had it in our notes to bring it up just out of moral really. We all know what happened
Yeh I understand that what I meant was about how his brother influenced him and maybe a little tribute to him etc so he was forgotten . But I understand what you mean. Nicely put.

A disappointing episode.

From claiming players won't ever respect a manager who can't remember their name (Bobby Robson was beloved by players!) to suggesting that Sol Campbell will get jobs because "black lives matters" and "box-ticking" this one sadly missed the mark.

The interviews worked so well because the ex-players offered a different insight by providing stories that fans wouldn't necessarily know. Without that additional insight this format of fans chatting just feels like eavesdropping on pub conversations.

Hopefully you'll revert to the player interview format, because they were excellent.

A disappointing episode.

From claiming players won't ever respect a manager who can't remember their name (Bobby Robson was beloved by players!) to suggesting that Sol Campbell will get jobs because "black lives matters" and "box-ticking" this one sadly missed the mark.

The interviews worked so well because the ex-players offered a different insight by providing stories that fans wouldn't necessarily know. Without that additional insight this format of fans chatting just feels like eavesdropping on pub conversations.

Hopefully you'll revert to the player interview format, because they were excellent.

Really enjoyed being on the episodes that I’ve done and especially enjoyed this one. Five fans with differing opinions.

Scott and Ede have done a wicked job with the player interviews as well. It’s really good to have a mixture of content because some people will prefer one or the other and some people like me, enjoy both types of formats (player interview and pub chat).

To be honest mate I think you’ve been really unfair on the way you’ve reviewed the podcast - you’ve made it look like it’s a podcast that’s anti BLM or anti equality which is not what the episode is. And it certainly isn’t the underlying opinion or message that the episode / podcast has. I’m sure Scott and Ede will agree, I can’t speak for them. But I know that will be the case.

There is plenty more on this episode than two small comments that you’ve highlighted out of context. It was exploring Sols time as well as who will get the next job. Especially as I in particular said Sol will get a job because people will like him and his style. Much like some players will dislike him.

We actually do talk about things quite in depth and yes, five people talking about any subject, you will get something you do not agree with.

I’d like to also highlight that there aren’t many Southend United based content makers out there - so to insinuate “this one” is far off the mark is, actually quite ironic because that comment is “so far off the mark.” I think it’s important to support any SUFC content makers. And do think it’s a little unfair in the way you have slagged it off. I wouldn’t usually post something like this but I feel like I should stand up for it a bit because it takes a lot of work, energy and bollocks to put podcasts/videos out there.

Fair play you praise the other episodes that they have done but you’re essentially disregarding any fan opinion unless it entirely agrees with what your opinion is.

If it’s cos you’re jealous, then maybe we can start a podcast and call it “YAWNSHIRE BLUE” see ya later ;) xx

A disappointing episode.

I’m disappointed you think that. Personally as a fan of everything Southend United I enjoy listening to people talk about the club I love. Of course I’m slightly biased because I am a guest. But they have previously put out episodes without guests in a ‘eavesdropping on pub conversations’ style and I enjoyed it.

As for the comments on the BLM and box ticking. It’s not something that I believe it’s something that will happen. With the attention on BLM, clubs will want to be seen to be interviewing black managers. But obviously we can’t talk about that here because it will spark a political debate. Happy to talk about it via PM if you have issues with what I’ve said.

I enjoyed it. I enjoy the “blokes in the pub talking football” approach. Especially as it’s what we all love to do but can’t!!

FWIW, IMO, Sol Campbell stands more chance of getting a job because of the spotlight on BLM than not getting one because of his skin colour.

however the overriding issue that is most likely to prevent him getting a job is lack of ability to do it.

As for the comments on the BLM and box ticking. It’s not something that I believe it’s something that will happen. With the attention on BLM, clubs will want to be seen to be interviewing black managers. But obviously we can’t talk about that here because it will spark a political debate. Happy to talk about it via PM if you have issues with what I’ve said.

It's a good thing if clubs now become more likely to interview potential black managers. No reason why we can't talk about it and agree it's a positive outcome is there?

A disappointing episode.

I mean there is literally a campaign now to get black managers and coaches in work so the comment hasn’t missed the mark at all

If you worked in an office and your boss still didn’t know your name after 9 months you would think your boss is a bit of a knob

You’re never gonna please everyone but if I wasn’t enjoying something I probably wouldn’t have listened to it for over an hour

Thanks for eavesdropping ??

Really enjoyed being on the episodes that I’ve done and especially enjoyed this one. Five fans with differing opinions.

Scott and Ede have done a wicked job with the player interviews as well. It’s really good to have a mixture of content because some people will prefer one or the other and some people like me, enjoy both types of formats (player interview and pub chat).

To be honest mate I think you’ve been really unfair on the way you’ve reviewed the podcast - you’ve made it look like it’s a podcast that’s anti BLM or anti equality which is not what the episode is. And it certainly isn’t the underlying opinion or message that the episode / podcast has. I’m sure Scott and Ede will agree, I can’t speak for them. But I know that will be the case.

There is plenty more on this episode than two small comments that you’ve highlighted out of context. It was exploring Sols time as well as who will get the next job. Especially as I in particular said Sol will get a job because people will like him and his style. Much like some players will dislike him.

We actually do talk about things quite in depth and yes, five people talking about any subject, you will get something you do not agree with.

I’d like to also highlight that there aren’t many Southend United based content makers out there - so to insinuate “this one” is far off the mark is, actually quite ironic because that comment is “so far off the mark.” I think it’s important to support any SUFC content makers. And do think it’s a little unfair in the way you have slagged it off. I wouldn’t usually post something like this but I feel like I should stand up for it a bit because it takes a lot of work, energy and bollocks to put podcasts/videos out there.

Fair play you praise the other episodes that they have done but you’re essentially disregarding any fan opinion unless it entirely agrees with what your opinion is.

If it’s cos you’re jealous, then maybe we can start a podcast and call it “YAWNSHIRE BLUE” see ya later ;) xx

I'd suggest that offering constructive feedback was supporting SUFC content makers - as was when I plugged previous episodes.

Apologies though if I've offended your feelings and you don't like my opinions because it doesn't agree entirely with yours.

I mean there is literally a campaign now to get black managers and coaches in work so the comment hasn’t missed the mark at all

If you worked in an office and your boss still didn’t know your name after 9 months you would think your boss is a bit of a knob

You’re never gonna please everyone but if I wasn’t enjoying something I probably wouldn’t have listened to it for over an hour

Thanks for eavesdropping ??

My Head of Compliance still doesn't get my name right after a year. As they know who I am and what I do, I just think they aren't very good with names.

FWIW I gave up listening to this one half way through*. It's a shame as I really enjoyed some of the previous ones. As I said, I hope you return to the interview format as that format worked really well.

*And I stayed to the end of some terrible games last season

One of my favourite episodes tbh. After the corona virus is done and dusted all you give should make it a regular thing. All meet up once a month and do a monthly review shooting the breeze.

I listen to a lot of podcasts of all different things and as I listening you want to be able to have that feeling of thinking “I can’t wait for the next episode to come out.” I have that with this podcast. I know ede and Scott personally and the chemistry they have on the podcast is great. Both knowledgable and passionate with the club and I would always listen and respect their views. Dave is w great addition to the pod too as so the others. I’m a subscriber of saves channel on YouTube and I’m sure one day he’s channel will blow as although his views are low his content is top notch.

Anyway fellas keep on keeping on as our tomorrows Are never guaranteed .

Great work guys! Enjoyed all podcasts and been a great substitute for not being in the pub.
If it's any consolation your latest was alot better than the bollocks we talk in the Railway on a regular basis?

Top stuff guys, I like the ex players interviews, but TBH I really enjoyed the “fans aspect” of this latest podcast and would echo ItsMichaelBlack re a regular monthly review. Keep up the good work. UTS.

Back