• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because masks offering little if any protection. Government guidelines publication "Keeping safe outside your home" Para 8 "Face coverings":

"Evidence suggests that wearing a face covering does not protect you."

Read it soon before it gets deleted.

Disingenuous propaganda.

The idea of a mask isn’t to prevent you from absorbing droplets, it’s to stop you spreading them.

The more people wearing masks, the less likely it becomes for these droplets to spread, making it significantly harder for a virus to spread.

So, if you wear a mask, I haven’t got to worry about catching anything from you. And if I wear a mask, you haven’t got to be worried about catching anything from me.

It really is that simple.

Masks are just virtue signalling to the nth degree. Keep the population in a permanent high state of fear and keep them compliant.

It seems to me that the only group of people who are living in a high state of fear, are the tub thumpers who believe that Governments & world leaders are committing illegal acts & conspiring to keep us all under their wicked spell.

Anyway, someone should relay this new found information regarding masks to the various medical professions, where the wearing of masks has been in practice for over a century.

Imagine how stupid those surgeons, doctors & nurses up and down the country will feel when they find out they’ve been duped this whole time.

So, if you wear a mask, I haven’t got to worry about catching anything from you. And if I wear a mask, you haven’t got to be worried about catching anything from me.

It really is that simple.

If only it were that simple!

What has changed in the 'scientific evidence' that now says that?

We have been told since the start of this that masks didn't help in this crisis, with the obvious exception of medical staff wearing their surgical masks.

But we won't be wearing surgical rated masks, they will be 'face coverings' which won't stop you from spreading it or catching it. Common sense suggests that it will reduce the risk which is a good thing, but if people now believe wearing one makes you safe from catching it then they are sadly mistaken.

We have been told since the start of this that masks didn't help in this crisis, with the obvious exception of medical staff wearing their surgical masks.

But we won't be wearing surgical rated masks, they will be 'face coverings' which won't stop you from spreading it or catching it. Common sense suggests that it will reduce the risk which is a good thing, but if people now believe wearing one makes you safe from catching it then they are sadly mistaken.

That is correct,unfortunately.

Maybe Ron could get a little side line going knocking out face masks.

I'd have one with Ian Benjamin printed on it and an away number with Freddy.

The science has always been the same, and it’s exactly as I stated. Wearing masks minimises, or prevents your ability to spread droplets and particles.

It’s why surgeons wear masks when operating. It’s not for their protection, it’s for the patient.

The science hasn’t changed.

The answer to that is two-fold. Firstly, because some people would have gained a false sense of security from wearing a mask. And secondly, with an increased amount of people rushing to buy and stockpile masks, it would have risked NHS & key workers going without.

That’s right. This idea of face coverings and masks isn’t a quick fix to the problem, and as I’ve said above, it does present the potential for some people to gain a false sense of security.

You said it yourself, it’s just an additional piece of protection to reduce the risk of spreading, and If it does reduce that risk of contamination by even a little bit, is it not worth it?

In which case let's all get used to all being masked up whenever we leave the house for ever more.

What a safe world that will be.

And what a dystopian Hell.
Maybe I've missed the detail on this but I thought it was now compulsory to wear masks on public transport, shops, hospitals, Dentists, Doctors Surgeries and last but not least hair dressers. Mask wearing in conjunction with social distancing and hand washing/Sanitising gives us a half decent chance of reducing the risk of spreading the virus, all underpinned by an effective track and Trace system. I have yet to hear that mask wearing is compulsory whilst walking in the fresh air. Obviously there will be occasions when folk are closer together than recommended outside, and then mask wearing may help. This will be an inconvenience for some but if it helps save lives then those folk will just have to suck it up.

Maybe I've missed the detail on this but I thought it was now compulsory to wear masks on public transport, shops, hospitals, Dentists, Doctors Surgeries and last but not least hair dressers. Mask wearing in conjunction with social distancing and hand washing/Sanitising gives us a half decent chance of reducing the risk of spreading the virus, all underpinned by an effective track and Trace system. I have yet to hear that mask wearing is compulsory whilst walking in the fresh air. Obviously there will be occasions when folk are closer together than recommended outside, and then mask wearing may help. This will be an inconvenience for some but if it helps save lives then those folk will just have to suck it up.

It's the compulsory nature of it that I have an issue with. What other people want to wear doesn't interest me.

But when will it stop being compulsory? When it's safe? When will that be?

I predict that now this is in place (and it won't stop at just the examples you mention) we will be required to be muzzled in public for evermore.

Anyway, it looks like most of the population are quite happy, nay eager, for that to happen so I'll stop thumping my tub, here at least.

I would like to see another lockdown once the next flu wave hits though. One can't be too careful, you know

It's the compulsory nature of it that I have an issue with. What other people want to wear doesn't interest me.

But when will it stop being compulsory? When it's safe? When will that be?

I predict that now this is in place (and it won't stop at just the examples you mention) we will be required to be muzzled in public for evermore.

Anyway, it looks like most of the population are quite happy, nay eager, for that to happen so I'll stop thumping my tub, here at least.

I would like to see another lockdown once the next flu wave hits though. One can't be too careful, you know
You are really Nostradamus and I claim my £5.

And when will it stop being compulsory? When it's safe? When will that be?

Mate, honestly you should give those conspiracy theories a wide berth. They’re just utter nonsense created for exploitation and which can be easily debunked with a minimal amount of genuine research.

I had to go to A&E yesterday for a bout of uveitis. We had to have our temperature taken on arrival and then a mask was given to us when we went in the building. No issue from me at all. If it needs to be compulsory so it becomes normalised then that’s fine.

Just found this website that does a nice subtle Southend United face mask

I'd sooner purchase from the club so they can get some money but also want to show support for my team out and about (especially as almost all of my neighbours are wither West Ham or Tottenham / Arsenal fans)
There's more chance of a vaccine being successfully developed than SUFC marketing these masks any time soon. Besides which, I doubt fans will like the away colour version of the mask. anyway. :Winking:

I had to go to A&E yesterday for a bout of uveitis. We had to have our temperature taken on arrival and then a mask was given to us when we went in the building. No issue from me at all. If it needs to be compulsory so it becomes normalised then that’s fine.

Sounds like something you would catch in Colchester.

I have been issued washable ones for work. They’re uncomfortable and awkward. But I get why we have to wear them and will do until told we don’t have too. It’s crazy how this is an issue for people.

I have been issued washable ones for work. They’re uncomfortable and awkward. But I get why we have to wear them and will do until told we don’t have too. It’s crazy how this is an issue for people.

Obviously there will be people in society who can’t wear a mask for medical reasons, which is completely understandable.

However, no matter how hard I try, I cannot think of a genuine reason why someone would point blank refuse to wear one in the current climate, other than the simple fact that they just don’t want to.

It goes without saying, that conspiracy theorists have played a major part during this pandemic, and their spread of disinformation has been far reaching.

Trouble is, even they can’t agree on what kind of conspiracy this is. Is it 5G? Is it man-made in the Wuhan lab? Was it released intentionally or accidentally? Is it a democratic plot to stop the re-election of Donald Trump? Is it to produce nanochips through vaccines that can control our every move? Is it Bill Gates trying to depopulate the planet? Or is it just world leaders trying to keep us all living in fear & compliance?

I’m not sure. But the one thing I am sure of, is that after every YouTube conspiracy video, there’s usually some headbanger encouraging you to buy his merchandise ??? ?

So face masks must be worn in shops from the 24th. Is the virus going to get worse from the 23rd? But ok up till then? But no need in pubs, restaurants, and everywhere else! It makes no sense, if it was a problem why not make it compulsory from today?

You can always use the Dominic defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back