• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nonsense. We were due to spend a day at the beach with another family in two weeks. If we go ahead we could be arrested/ fined. If we sat in a restaurant no problem. Surley sitting on a beach in the open has to better? They've really lost the plot on this. The cure is getting worse than the disease.

Luckily we had our mums birthday bash in the garden on Sunday. She cant recognise everyone anymore and this will be the last one. She will be in home very soon. If this rule had been bought in last week I would have carried on as planned. Not a chance I would have cancelled.

There were only about 20 of us and they golden oldies were talking about the time they were evacuated from London. Monday was the 80th anniversary of the start of the blitz. All of them came back early as they would either survive and see victory or die as a family.....Worth remembering when you see that grizzling 23 year old teacher claiming he is going to die.

The whole narrative has now changed. Just watched the briefing and not one mention of hospitalisations or deaths. All about increasing case numbers. We'll have to wait and see on the numbers but there doesn't seem to be an uptick on that yet

The whole narrative has now changed. Just watched the briefing and not one mention of hospitalisations or deaths. All about increasing case numbers. We'll have to wait and see on the numbers but there doesn't seem to be an uptick on that yet
The numbers, like much to do with Guv figures and statistics is in the interpretation and understanding of the background. For me all the figures have large, unreported and consequently misunderstood factors.
Simply testing more people is likely to give higher positive results but could also mean a smaller % of test positive?
Similarly few tests do not mean few folks have covid.
Regionally, if more centres are open and more tests made is that region a "hot spot",
Figures are crude and blunt like tabloid headlines.

It is all a confused mess and a lot of regulated nonsense.
And it has to be because there are, amongst us, a sizable minority of knobs and bell ends who don't have the common sense, brain, self or community respect to behave and act with thought and reason.

I agree with you upto a point, but I’d suggest that that’s the case for society as a whole, at any given time. We’ll always have selfish people who can’t conform to societal expectations. That’s why we have laws, rules, regulations & guidelines to adhere to.

Those laws, rules, regs & guidelines that we follow in normal circumstances are relatively clear & concise.

These Covid rules become more and more contradictory & nonsensical, so it’s not surprising when they get flouted or ignored.

Again, it makes no sense to tell people they can meet up in a pub for a session, but they can’t gather in the back garden for a BBQ the next day.

Absolutely GBJ.
Why anyone thinks meeting in large groups of mates for a session in the current pandemic is acceptable is a strange one: a bbq less stretching of the distancing stay safe mantra.
And as you point out it is the selfish people who can't (or won't) conform.
Black and white rules for grey circumstances.

Reactions: GBJ
Wow, how interesting that you may read and understand it that way but so different an interpretation to mine?

It’s hard to see it any other way really.

100 people in a pub spending money... no problem.

100 people in a workplace... fill your boots.

7 people sitting in a living room to watch Southend on iFollow.... that’s obviously a no-no.

7 people sitting in a living room to watch Southend on iFollow.... that’s obviously a no-no.

If you can get 7 people in one room who all want to watch SUFC on iFollow I'll take my hat off to you!

How big is this pub? Does it include outside area? Is it partitioned off, hand sanitizers, details taken, distancing, regular cleaning, ordering and paying contactless? Lots of possibles for consideration. If it was managed proportionately then the pub might tempt me in BUT if it was like a 'spoons free for all then I would choose to walk on by.
Workplaces need managing, mine is, or was, until Covid meant I am now actual zero hours, but before that my company did put in many reasonable measures for risk averting. Hopefully business will pick up, must pick up or it will be more jobs gone.
Each to his or her own for how the rules, guidelines are interpreted.
It is easier to be critical than to consider and evaluate sometimes.

How big is this pub? Does it include outside area? Is it partitioned off, hand sanitizers, details taken, distancing, regular cleaning, ordering and paying contactless? Lots of possibles for consideration. it was managed proportionately then the pub might tempt me in BUT if it was like a 'spoons free for all then I would choose to walk on by.
Workplaces need managing, mine is, or was, until Covid meant I am now actual zero hours, but before that my company did put in many reasonable measures for risk averting. Hopefully business will pick up, must pick up or it will be more jobs gone.
Each to his or her own for how the rules, guidelines are interpreted.
It is easier to be critical than to consider and evaluate sometimes.

Matt Hancock admitted it himself, live on TV

2B027176-C4E2-43F9-9AE3-B855F0A8C766.jpeg

To be honest I am slightly anxious about the forth coming months form a work perspective.
We are now in the final prep for our flu vaccinations which has had an excellent uptake and which means we are all having to do extra hours to accommodate and add that on to the daily run of the mill work alongside COVID, it means this may be a hard winter for some.
Please stay safe and follow the guidelines around hand washing, face coverings and distance

To be honest I am slightly anxious about the forth coming months form a work perspective.
We are now in the final prep for our flu vaccinations which has had an excellent uptake and which means we are all having to do extra hours to accommodate and add that on to the daily run of the mill work alongside COVID, it means this may be a hard winter for some.
Please stay safe and follow the guidelines around hand washing, face coverings and distance

Winter flu vaccination not yet available in Spain athough I have a blood test on 17th Sept. and will asking about it then.

As far as I see the only change is that you can’t meet in groups of more than 6. Is that really that difficult? The other stuff like hand washing, distancing and masks we’re all used to now. I’d rather this than anything like lockdown again. Don’t understand why suddenly everyone’s ****ed off. Don’t start me on the travel quarantine stuff though, that’s keeping me not working!

As far as I see the only change is that you can’t meet in groups of more than 6. Is that really that difficult? The other stuff like hand washing, distancing and masks we’re all used to now. I’d rather this than anything like lockdown again. Don’t understand why suddenly everyone’s ****ed off. Don’t start me on the travel quarantine stuff though, that’s keeping me not working!

Annoyingly we were supposed to have my sister and her family (minus her eldest daughter who has just gone to university) over for dinner. The four of us, plus my sister, her husband and youngest daughter is now not allowed!

Annoyingly we were supposed to have my sister and her family (minus her eldest daughter who has just gone to university) over for dinner. The four of us, plus my sister, her husband and youngest daughter is now not allowed!
Think the new rules start Monday. Now that I don’t really get but hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back