• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I see the only change is that you can’t meet in groups of more than 6. Is that really that difficult? The other stuff like hand washing, distancing and masks we’re all used to now. I’d rather this than anything like lockdown again. Don’t understand why suddenly everyone’s ****ed off. Don’t start me on the travel quarantine stuff though, that’s keeping me not working!

It’s not that it is difficult but that it is arbitrary. A family of 5 can’t meet their grandparents outside but they can in a pub?

They can meet on Sunday but not Monday?

If you live in Chepstow you can meet on one side of town but not the other side of town?

You can meet in an office but not in a park?

I suspect that further restrictions will be coming up over the next few weeks.

It's unfortunate for the retail and hospitality sectors, it's unfortunate for those who cannot work from home or isolate at work but keeping schools open has to take precedence.

It’s not that it is difficult but that it is arbitrary. A family of 5 can’t meet their grandparents outside but they can in a pub?

They can meet on Sunday but not Monday?

If you live in Chepstow you can meet on one side of town but not the other side of town?

You can meet in an office but not in a park?
You can’t meet your grandparents in a pub, the rule of 6 applies anywhere. I mean technically you can go to the same pub, but have to stay in your group. It is a bit daft that Wales and Scotland have different restrictions.

You can’t meet your grandparents in a pub, the rule of 6 applies anywhere. I mean technically you can go to the same pub, but have to stay in your group. It is a bit daft that Wales and Scotland have different restrictions.

Just hypothetically, what would you do - or anyone else for that matter - if you walked into a pub with 5 family members, and happened to see your grandparents across the bar?

You obviously wouldn’t ignore them. So how is it less deadly to chat to them - at a safe distance - inside a pub, with 5 other family members present, but its too dangerous to do the very same thing in your back garden?

The lack of consistency within the rules is the main issue.

I am not aware of anyone saying that the rules are easy to follow (keep to or understand) and certainly there are huge anomalies with the directions given across the UK, and local regions.
Also I read much moaning and hypothetical storylines, yet I read very little in the way of suggesting alternatives, either for individuals, groups, NHS, business and education.

For me one of the more lamentable misplaced strategy was the let up of the mantra of basic principles; hand washing, distancing, alertness: and the poor late introduction of masks for reasons of possible slowing of transmission and immediate visual "caution" message.

The UK Guv, ministers, press, sage have been unclear from the start because there are so many unknowns. I hope they have acted on best advice, knowledge and principles.

Just hypothetically, what would you do - or anyone else for that matter - if you walked into a pub with 5 family members, and happened to see your grandparents across the bar?

You obviously wouldn’t ignore them. So how is it less deadly to chat to them - at a safe distance - inside a pub, with 5 other family members present, but its too dangerous to do the very same thing in your back garden?

Agreed, don’t see why the back garden is a problem, I guess they can’t track and trace there or put other things like hand sanitizers and screens in place. Main issue for some isn’t so much the rules (which granted have been confusing at times) but lack of enforcement of them .... so some comply as best they can, whereas others flaunt them quite openly. Wonder if ‘Spoons will now be taking your details on entry..

As far as I see the only change is that you can’t meet in groups of more than 6. Is that really that difficult? The other stuff like hand washing, distancing and masks we’re all used to now. I’d rather this than anything like lockdown again. Don’t understand why suddenly everyone’s ****ed off. Don’t start me on the travel quarantine stuff though, that’s keeping me not working!

It occurs to me that you're perhaps one of those "knowledge workers" who hasn't yet been tempted back to the office and the daily commute?

Our younger daughter has -since the beginning of September,she's been working in her office in Paris for one day a week.before that since mid-March she was teleworking exclusively.As was I.I must say I found it a bit of a shock to the system to be in front of pupils again on Monday.Before that (again from mid -March) until May (in my case) I'd been doing lessons online rather than f2f ie presentially.

Last edited:
I suspect that further restrictions will be coming up over the next few weeks.

It's unfortunate for the retail and hospitality sectors, it's unfortunate for those who cannot work from home or isolate at work but keeping schools open has to take precedence.

I wouldn't take any bets on all schools being able to keep open if I were you.

It occurs to me that you're perhaps one of those "knowledge workers" who hasn't yet been tempted back to the office and the daily commute.

Our younger daughter has -since the beginning of September,she's been working in her office in Paris for one day a week.before that since mid-March she was teleworking exclusively.As was I.I must say I found it a bit of a shock to the system to be in front of pupils again.Before that (again from mid -march) until May (in my case) I'd been doing lessons online rather than f2fie presentially.
I work in the aviation/travel sector so until people start flying I’ve got no work to do! I’d love to go back, even 2/3 days a week but as I can work from home anyway that’s no risk to me or anyone else. I sympathise with those in professions where you can’t avoid contact. That’s a different kind of stress if you’re in a high risk category or live with someone who’s high risk.

I'd probably faint. They're all dead.

That’s another topic we haven’t broached yet.... Seances. How many ghosts are allowed to be in the same room at any one time?

Only 6 spectres at a time but I think they are counted seperate from the living so that could mean another 6 persons having the seance, this of course only stands true if the ghosts are from the same dimension, if they are from seperate dimensions then they can have another 6 present from each dimension as long at it is held in a pub or restaurant. If it's in your back garden or front room then forget it.

DId i also mention that the dimensions need to be at least 2 parsecs apart at all times? I they get closer than that all ghosts will be fined in increments of 1 credit for rule breaking upto a maximum of 750 credits for repeat offenders.

Hope this is clear.

Agreed, don’t see why the back garden is a problem, I guess they can’t track and trace there or put other things like hand sanitizers and screens in place. Main issue for some isn’t so much the rules (which granted have been confusing at times) but lack of enforcement of them .... so some comply as best they can, whereas others flaunt them quite openly. Wonder if ‘Spoons will now be taking your details on entry..

The track and trace scheme has hardly been used, so it makes it all somewhat pointless.

And as for the sanitizer & partitions, all I can say is, it’s all well and good whilst you’re sitting at a table, or entering and exiting a boozer, but pretty much every person who goes into a pub is going to have to void their bladder at some point. That’s a lot of people using the same facilities in the khazi.

There’s no way someone will convince me that a pub toilet is safer than the one in my own house ?

Only 6 spectres at a time but I think they are counted seperate from the living so that could mean another 6 persons having the seance, this of course only stands true if the ghosts are from the same dimension, if they are from seperate dimensions then they can have another 6 present from each dimension as long at it is held in a pub or restaurant. If it's in your back garden or front room then forget it.

DId i also mention that the dimensions need to be at least 2 parsecs apart at all times? I they get closer than that all ghosts will be fined in increments of 1 credit for rule breaking upto a maximum of 750 credits for repeat offenders.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks.

It’d be a nightmare if you had too many ghosts in the same place at any one time.

Who you gunna call?

Agreed, no one has ever been punched in the back of head whist urinating in my toilets.

I couldn’t guarantee mine would be free from violence, but there’s definitely less gob on the walls, and fewer puddles on the floor.

If you have planned a social gathering that, in your opinion, is worth breaking the rules for. Then don't hold it in your house or garden and risk a fine or arrest. Catch a train to London, meet your family and spend the day or the evening on the Circle line.....Its legal and much safer than your back garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back