• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

I'm normally in the same boat but he's not an aged (ex-)player with a terrible record in the years before signing back up with us, e.g Eastwood and Barnard, and he's got the sort of positional versatility we currently need given there's a dearth in experience or similar aged pros without poor injury records, and he should be a good voice to have around the dressing room who's been here in near-similarly cruddy times. Wasn't top of anyone's list but wouldn't say no to him either right now!

Would of been near top of my list in l2

I do worry this is just another Ron signing, and MM is left with a player he wouldn't have ideally chosen. However, I don't think we couldn't signed another player of his quality whether that's for 60 minutes or 90. We're just not that attractive of a proposition.

Where we are at this moment in time this is a fantastic signing. Strength, experience and a born winner. Any youngster that plays alongside him will learn so much and I believe improve their game if they take on board what he says. We need some steel in midfield, we need players that are going to graft, I believe Akinola and McCormack fit this mould entirely. MM is building a team and a new identity. Bear with him and I believe we will reap the results. We have been characterless for a few years now but this will change.

I've been going for over 35 years now and never have I seen such a terrible squad/team. We literally have children playing for us. Forget who the player is and ask does this player improve our chance of scraping survival this season... The clear r answer is yes, this player just happens to be macca... In his last few seasons has had success after success a serial winner at this stage of his career..... Yes please all day long and twice on Sundays.
Really hope you’re right, but even so, smacks of double standards

Brilliant signing. Had a couple reviews from Northampton/Luton fans saying when fit he’s championship quality, still. Even if registered to play this weekend will he have had a pre season? He must’ve trained with NTFC for their playoffs but not sure who he’d have trained with more recently?

Pssst. Don't tell the EFL but Macca is in SUEPA. Suspect that the club have signed someone who is ineligible so we could be on for a points deduction.

Of course, if Ron speaks to me nicely, offers me a free share in the club or something equally valuable, I might release him on a free as SUEPA currently have 90 other midfielders and only 86 of them are injured

Brilliant signing. Had a couple reviews from Northampton/Luton fans saying when fit he’s championship quality, still. Even if registered to play this weekend will he have had a pre season? He must’ve trained with NTFC for their playoffs but not sure who he’d have trained with more recently?
training with northampton

Exactly what we need, so important to have a General at the spine, coordinating, motivating and calming

Also, he's exactly what we need if we go a goal down, biggest and best signing we've made in years

His age isnt great but the pro's certainly outweigh the cons, this makes perfect sense

I replied to this thread on the SUFC facebook page earlier, & said ' he wouldn't have signed till jan, if he thought the club would go to the wall in 42 days?.'
I also added that Ron has yet to say how he'd pay the £493,000 by then?.
Surprise, surprise,my post was not allowed!. So come on Ron, what's the big secret?. What's the plan?.
I'd be happy to contribute to a save SUFC fund, but not unless RM gives us more info, & not treat us like mushrooms?.

Back