• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Premier League and the EFL bailout

The plan as it is dead but the PL are giving to L1 and L2 a combined £27.2 million in advanced solidarity payments, £20 million short term grant, and there's a £30 million pot for clubs that might go under.
Yes- didn't see this so the £30m pot for clubs that might go under is on top? Well it would be difficult to see how we couldn't access that if Ron's pride doesn't get in the way- after all having extended WOU in theory puts us at the front of the queue?

Dead - for now.

There was a worrying bit at the end of the Guardian's take on the plan's demise that said Liverpool owner John Henry got what he wanted:

"Those behind the Big Picture Project did not see Wednesday’s developments as a defeat. Sources close to John W Henry said that the Liverpool owner felt he had got “pretty much everything we wanted” in agreeing to an urgent review of the structures of the game.
“We put forward proposals and they’re now being considered”, the source said.

So they'll have a second go, even in a watered-down way was how I read it.

Hilarious they try to big up their "advanced payments" as part of "rescuing" clubs. That's money we would have got anyway, we're just getting it now instead of later.

Also, I'd like to know the ratio of Grants/Loans of that £50m

I have my answer: £20m in short term grants to L1 & L2, which equates to £415k each if split evenly.

Chuck in the money we have just got from Derby and QPR and i think old Ronald has got our tax cleared ?

Sadly neither the transfer fees nor the rescue package from the Premier League will come in a lump sum, they'll be spread out over time.

Sadly neither the transfer fees nor the rescue package from the Premier League will come in a lump sum, they'll be spread out over time.

true but it makes it easier to loan from his other companies if he knows the monies going to come in

Chuck in the money we have just got from Derby and QPR and i think old Ronald has got our tax cleared ?

Means he can start saving up for next years one..
Uncle Ron says can he just have money for Christmas this year please as he has enough Boss suits & Aramis after shave already..

Seems pretty bold to me.

Its well known that the money in the premiership could easily be distributed to save clubs like ours and they wouldnt really feel it.

But they dont have to do they? Bold to tell them to essentially up there offer of free cash? I havent delved into the ins and outs so what do you people think?

Now the £50m package has been rejected by the Efl on the basis that they wish to see a package that includes the Championship. In the meantime a new pressure group called Save our beautiful game is calling for an independent regulator to rule over the Nations football, let’s hope the Government step in and force some kind of head banging together soon or I act their constant threats to take more charge of this madhouse with greater supporter involvement and independent arrangements

Now the £50m package has been rejected by the Efl on the basis that they wish to see a package that includes the Championship. In the meantime a new pressure group called Save our beautiful game is calling for an independent regulator to rule over the Nations football, let’s hope the Government step in and force some kind of head banging together soon or I act their constant threats to take more charge of this madhouse with greater supporter involvement and independent arrangements

Thing is, this should have happened years ago, before the gap got too big, but I feel this is too late now.

I would also like to see a massive reduction of foreign players in our leagues.

Seems pretty bold to me.

Its well known that the money in the premiership could easily be distributed to save clubs like ours and they wouldnt really feel it.

But they dont have to do they? Bold to tell them to essentially up there offer of free cash? I havent delved into the ins and outs so what do you people think?
it is very much NOT free cash. It's our own cash but up front rather than over time and with many, many strings attached.

Back