• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see those getting paid from the public purse who are totally unaffected (well other than doing less work than usual) , taking into account all the people who are about to become unemployed or lose their business and possibly home ..

oh hang on

Hopefully Southend council won’t follow suit

Being a Rochford resident can't say I want 'to take the hit now' based on ECC's best guesswork as to what may or may not transpire and which in turn could lead to an indefinite term of us being stuck at 'High' alongside the likes of Nottingham with over 10 times our local rate of infection. Asides, there are several areas of Essex still with very low figures, why that warrants ECC making a demand to Govt to restrict the lives of well over a million people in the county is more than just odd.

ECC certainly aren't in control of anything, as for leader Finch - too old, overpaid and a waste of space

It's all starting to get political here people, please be careful as a deletion often offends. Thanks

If ECC get the next tier of stricter measures don't they also come with extra central government funding?
Is it a Health issue? A political issue? Or about the £££££?

If ECC get the next tier of stricter measures don't they also come with extra central government funding?
Is it a Health issue? A political issue? Or about the £££££?

Very good point! Don’t know where all of this extra money is coming from?

Stricter controls on the way from Friday in Catalonia.All bars and restaurants to be closed for a fortnight.If that doesn't work another lockdown is promised.

Good job we went our local restaurant at lunchtime.The manageress wasn't too happy about having to close tomorrow night.

Councillor Finch has already cost me money. I have just had an Airbnb booking cancelled for next week because we MIGHT be in lockdown.

Not a single person who has stayed in the last 4 months has had covid. Nor has anyone been traced or traced by the local independent businesses that I always encourage them to use.....Even if they did so what?

You cant cure a virus by selectively closing certain businesses. A virus wont chose L1 over Isthmian North or drinkers in pubs after 10:00pm (except bars in Westminster)....If it is so deadly a 2 week lock down would halt it, then it will just as easily return after. You simple cant have both. If you can stop covid by hiding away, then covid will start just as quick when you emerge.

Unlike so many people who are self employed or run a business, the staff sorting out councillors expenses wont have to cease work......"In it together"....My a***

Councillor Finch has already cost me money. I have just had an Airbnb booking cancelled for next week because we MIGHT be in lockdown.

Not a single person who has stayed in the last 4 months has had covid. Nor has anyone been traced or traced by the local independent businesses that I always encourage them to use.....Even if they did so what?

You cant cure a virus by selectively closing certain businesses. A virus wont chose L1 over Isthmian North or drinkers in pubs after 10:00pm (except bars in Westminster)....If it is so deadly a 2 week lock down would halt it, then it will just as easily return after. You simple cant have both. If you can stop covid by hiding away, then covid will start just as quick when you emerge.

Unlike so many people who are self employed or run a business, the staff sorting out councillors expenses wont have to cease work......"In it together"....My a***

Obviously you won't be able to "cure" the virus until a reliable vaccine is found and enough people can be persuaded to use it.Until then what you can do is have a full lockdown to get the R rate down.This worked back in March (not only in the UK but elsewhere).Unless you want to see a lot of elderly people or those with underlying medical conditions die this Winter then IMO another lockdown is inevitable.In fact HMG was advised by SAGE to have another national lockdown on 21 st September.They''ve chosen so far (in what was clearly a political decision ie not a medical one) to ignore that advice.It may well be that more than one national shut down is necessary in the future until a vaccine is found. FWIW, I'd agree that self-employed small business owners (like yourself) should be compensated for any losses which they can prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back