• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How big is FF going to be?

onceknownasrab

President
I'm a bit lost on this one. I see Kevin Buck, the Tory transport spokesman, when discussing a new bypass, referred to FF as a 12,000 seater stadium. Is that the correct planned size or has he made a gaff?

No idea. It's in the Echo. Discussions about bypass v relief road and the impact of all the new houses and a 12000 seater.

Once completed and operational it is envisaged that the development as shown on the Masterplan attached at Appendix 2, would provide: • 21,000 seater stadium, with 107 bed hotel and 182 residential units • Fan Plaza building with 72 residential units and ground floor commercial (currently A1, D1 and D2) • Fossetts Way North and South with 93 residential units • 1,119 residential units with 2,900 sqms of commercial (currently A1, A3 and D1) • Two soccer domes with changing and classroom facilities, plus player/staff accommodation

Last correspondence on the Planning portal prior to the scoping.

Once completed and operational it is envisaged that the development as shown on the Masterplan attached at Appendix 2, would provide: • 21,000 seater stadium, with 107 bed hotel and 182 residential units • Fan Plaza building with 72 residential units and ground floor commercial (currently A1, D1 and D2) • Fossetts Way North and South with 93 residential units • 1,119 residential units with 2,900 sqms of commercial (currently A1, A3 and D1) • Two soccer domes with changing and classroom facilities, plus player/staff accommodation

Last correspondence on the Planning portal prior to the scoping.
Initially 3-sided and 13,893 seats. Addition of main 4th stand 12-18 months later will take it up to 21,000.

This was my initial understanding and I was taken aback slightly by Mr. Bucks figure. Just hoping there isn't any changes being heard today.

Wouldn't surprise if the 4 stand doesn't get built in those 12 to 18 months. Ron will turn round say we don't need to raise the capacity due to demand not being met.

The biggest, tremendous. People are talking about it. It’s going to be the best stadium ever. No one knows how to build stadiums like Ron.. and we’ll get the other 91 teams to pay for it. MSGA!!!

Wouldn't surprise if the 4 stand doesn't get built in those 12 to 18 months. Ron will turn round say we don't need to raise the capacity due to demand not being met.

I've never believed that the stadium will be built in its entirety. I would still have preferred a 16k stadium in a similar design to Rotherhams stadium.

Id hate the club to be saddled with a 3 sided stadium for many years.

I've never believed that the stadium will be built in its entirety. I would still have preferred a 16k stadium in a similar design to Rotherhams stadium.

Id hate the club to be saddled with a 3 sided stadium for many years.
I suppose it will come down to what league we are in. By the looks of it national league is looking likely. 4/5k week will probably be are gate I would say. I agree 3 sides doesn't appeal to me but at same time sufc do need new stadium. Ron given up on football side things so my hope is he sells the club to good people who want to take the club forward. Winning games and promotions will gain fans, suppose then the demand will be there for stadium to be 21k. I could be wrong and 4th stand is built during the 12/18 months.

3 stands will make for a rubbish atmosphere. The capacity.. well, we can’t fill the Hall can we, surely we only need 15k max.

I can't see the 4th side not being built. It's not as simple as whether attendances make it pointless or not.....the 4th stand is the main stand and will contain more properties and major conferencing facilities. It NEEDS to be built to give the club any chance of being remotely self-sufficient or at least having some other income streams. And with the wealth involved in the project, the money will be there.

I can't see the 4th side not being built. It's not as simple as whether attendances make it pointless or not.....the 4th stand is the main stand and will contain more properties and major conferencing facilities. It NEEDS to be built to give the club any chance of being remotely self-sufficient or at least having some other income streams. And with the wealth involved in the project, the money will be there.

Once the 3 sides and housing are built, Ron will not be interested. He will have finally got his money and the club will be left to flounder or be sold to someone who has in interest to take it forward.

Back