• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Forest Green Rovers

Goodship lacks the basics, doesn't he?
Lacks aggression; control and drive, but apart from that he's good to his mum.
Do you think Egbri will learn that he needs to work at his strength.
He spends a lot of time on the floor one way or the other.
We seem to be in better positions for all that.

He draws fouls and puts defenders under pressure because they know they can't just lump him about. I'm quite happy if he continues the way he is really

Like W the Wallsall game , got to stay in at for as long as possible and hopefully nick something

Agree with regards to fitness. I think it has been a good performance so far. I like the fact that we are not letting them play out from the back.
Its been a game if few chances - looking solid at the back. Our weakness unfortunately is up front. We are not holding the ball up - too easy for the FGR centre backs.

We are lacking in centre of midfield, Dieng and JD not doing enough for me. Would like to see Macca on mid 2and half

Goodship lacks the basics, doesn't he?
Lacks aggression; control and drive, but apart from that he's good to his mum.
We seem to be in better positions for all that.
Not sure the kids heard of closing down the ball or pressure your opponents... good first half

Hmm.. very even.
FGR have a problem we know well. They are cleverly playing a system that gets the least out of our players and one we know to our cost. 40 mins with 65% of the possession had delivered zero shots.
Hopefully they play the same way and we get some luck

4 wishes for 2nd half
goodship show some balls and challenge
Rush and woodshop get right on the shoulder to run behind
Egbri to take on his man and not play backwards
Elvis to have more urgency

Scunthorpe losing, Stevenage winning. Would be 5 points off at the moment.

Back