• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was mentioned this morning that teachers might be looked at as high priority for phase 2. Someone I know who works in maternity care has had it, my Nan who’s in her late 80s hasn't. Assume she will very soon.

My missus has gone for her first jab today. Bill Gates will have his work cut out trying to control this one.

Anyone else on here had theirs done yet?
I regard myself as very lucky and fortunate and above all I am really appreciative that I have had my vaccine and been privileged enough to have had the second one too.

I regard myself as very lucky and fortunate and above all I am really appreciative that I have had my vaccine and been privileged enough to have had the second one too.

You work for the NHS don't you? Rightly so you should have it first, I don't think anyone with some common sense would begrudge you of that.

My missus has gone for her first jab today. Bill Gates will have his work cut out trying to control this one.

Anyone else on here had theirs done yet?
A friend of mine who's the same age as me (51) had one last week!
His wife works at Basildon hospital and for various reasons people hadn't turned up so he went along with his father in law and had it!
Hopefully this will happen more often as the thought of vaccines having to be binned is unthinkable.

You work for the NHS don't you? Rightly so you should have it first, I don't think anyone with some common sense would begrudge you of that.
Indeed but I still regard myself as lucky I am grateful.
besides how can I give the vaccine to people and promote they get it without being prepared to have it myself. I have been asked several times before I vaccinate people “have you had it yet” and I can be honest and say yes I have and explain I have been fine without any side-effects

Indeed but I still regard myself as lucky I am grateful.
besides how can I give the vaccine to people and promote they get it without being prepared to have it myself. I have been asked several times before I vaccinate people “have you had it yet” and I can be honest and say yes I have and explain I have been fine without any side-effects

Have you heard of any side effects at all? I guess it's like any vaccine, some people have a different reaction to it.

A friend of mine who's the same age as me (51) had one last week!
His wife works at Basildon hospital and for various reasons people hadn't turned up so he went along with his father in law and had it!
Hopefully this will happen more often as the thought of vaccines having to be binned is unthinkable.

Yes I was told last week that if there are any doses of the vaccine left at the end of the day, then they’ll give them to anyone who wants it, to save them from being wasted.

Have you heard of any side effects at all? I guess it's like any vaccine, some people have a different reaction to it.
No not really.
I had some mild effects from the first and nothing that you wouldn’t get with the normal flu ie generalised aches and a headache but found paracetamol was quite effective. Some people have reported some mild lethargy and some have had some nausea and mild vomiting with their second but I had a more tender arm with my second.

Yes I was told last week that if there are any doses of the vaccine left at the end of the day, then they’ll give them to anyone who wants it, to save them from being wasted.
This is true. Especially for the Pfizer one. I know someone who has had the vaccine because of this.

Reactions: GBJ
That is correct we are being told to minimise any waste

It's good to see a sensible approach is being taken and not just saying you're not over 80, you can't have it.

The Gov figures that have been vaccinated are for the over 80's, where it could be a lot higher with those that have been vaccinated with the left over stock who aren't over 80.

Great stuff.

Sorry if this has been asked before . If 60,000 people a day are testing positive does this mean that those 60 k don't need the vaccine as they will be immune anyway ?

Sorry if this has been asked before . If 60,000 people a day are testing positive does this mean that those 60 k don't need the vaccine as they will be immune anyway ?

I could be wrong but I beleive it's been known that you can get it twice. It's all the unknown with this virus so everyone will be getting it.

It's the same with how long the vaccine lasts for, the scientist don't know.

I'm sure everyone is working around the clock to get the answers we all want to know.

Content warning: local mortality data
  Spoiler:  
I heard that in just one day last week there were 20 COVID deaths at Southend. Absolutely horrendous. The critical care capacity is typically 10 beds in total.

Content warning: local mortality data
  Spoiler:  
I heard that in just one day last week there were 20 COVID deaths at Southend. Absolutely horrendous. The critical care capacity is typically 10 beds in total.

My cousin was in Southend this week and fortunately he recovered enough to come home. As soon as he was off oxygen he was discharged. Whilst he was there, 3 people died in his ward!

There is a lot of evidence starting to trickle through of people being infected twice. A vaccine will hopefully provide a more potent and longer lasting immunity

Anecdotal I know, but a friend of a friend was infected last April, and got it quite bad. An antibody test picked up antibodies, but a second test a few months down the line, didn't. He's tested every week as he works in healthcare, and hes tested positive again, but is asymptomatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back