• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro Shirts now available!

How come the Eloneex shirt isn’t on the voting? I reckon that would win if it was.

Thanks for feedback, it was considered but we felt that there were a few of these already around (as evidenced on retro shirt days).

There will though be other shirts produced as time passes so that could well be one to do another time, the Splat and the 80/81 shirt were really just the start and ultimately I'd like to see us making available at least a dozen or so (once up on the retro shirts site they stay there).

The 68/ 9 shirt colour was so much darker than the current navy almost black .Would be a very unique shirt even today if allowed .If memory serves me right there were two versions one with a navy ring on white collar and cuffs as well as plain white.Still my favourite along with the Royal blue ,white and red of the 70s.
What tone of blue was the early 60s pin stripe version?
FB_IMG_1610542371144.jpg

Great shirt we looked huge in it too especially with the long sleeves and the shirt billowing away The copies Ive seen have been poor so far, nowhere dark blue enough for a start, Refs hated it, isn't that why we had to stop it?

The 68/ 9 shirt colour was so much darker than the current navy almost black .Would be a very unique shirt even today if allowed .If memory serves me right there were two versions one with a navy ring on white collar and cuffs as well as plain white.Still my favourite along with the Royal blue ,white and red of the 70s.
View attachment 13999
The season I saw my first games, Always been my favorite kit. As @Barry.C said, the referees often had to borrow an alternative shirt as our kit clashed with their standard black shirts. Still very unique and I'd love to see us playing in it again.

View attachment 13999
That shirt was a real classic and that team weren't bad either scoring well over 100 goals. It would always get my vote because it is my favourite ever season following the team in almost 60 years. Oh I almost forgot it was also banned by the F.A. because it clashed with the referee's kit and none of the visiting teams could see our players when we played under the floodlights even though we were wearing white shorts.

I agree with Nobbler,best kit and season ever.
Would the retro kit still have the same SUFC badge on it??
That seasons AWAY kit was the same,but in red.It was later donated to Prittlewell United (who also played now and then for the SUFC supporters club).
When we use to come out onto the pitch (Sunday league) and the oppos saw us,the mostly thought WOW,this team must be good with those shirts on.
They soon changed their minds the first time they saw me try and control the ball....
I find it hard to remember what i done last week,but that Blues team 68-69, i got every players name right (did not look underneath till later)...i only struggled with "Chico"

Did we not play in the RED kit at home,for some reason,either against Brentwood or Kings Lynn???Those great cup games.
I always wondered what happened to all those red shirts??
Last i knew was Kevin.K had most of them

Did we not play in the RED kit at home,for some reason,either against Brentwood or Kings Lynn???Those great cup games.
I always wondered what happened to all those red shirts??
Last i knew was Kevin.K had most of them
We played against Kings Lynn in Red Shirts with White Shorts. One of my friends has one of those red shirts which he got off Ebay a few years ago for some serious money. Over the years I have asked various players who played in that 1968-69 season if they had that dark blue shirt but sadly it would appear there was only 1 or 2 sets in those days and players were never surposed to keep them?? More's the pity really having that No.!0 shirt from the Brentwood Town match would definitely for me would be a collectors dream.

In case you haven't seen it on the Trust Twitter and Facebook pages we now have a selection of six new retro shirt options for you to all vote on.
At the end of the poll period the most popular two will be made available for sale once I've found some ex player previous wearers willing to be SUEPA models.
There are some great choices to consider so get voting now.
When Roots Hall ultimately does open for business I've got a feeling we'll be having a great retro shirt match day
UTB
Link thingy for you to cast your vote: http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=840&nid=1951

I would buy the 1976 - 1978 Top

Not bought a a SUFC top for years and the 1976-1978 season was probably the first SUFC top I first remember :-)

Happy memories

I would buy the 1976 - 1978 Top

Not bought a a SUFC top for years and the 1976-1978 season was probably the first SUFC top I first remember :-)

Happy memories
Only thing with that one was the red in it.
It was much the same with me when yellow almost predominated the shirt in the 90s'.
Blue is the colour; football is the game...

Back