• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at that bench tonight. We have a threadbare squad that now has a few injuries and suspensions kicking in

The chairman said there would be investment in January...

tenor.gif

92 nd in Lge 2 and you don't want to even discuss a change of manager ?

blooming weird .. ..

Sure, let’s discuss it.

We have 5 days left of the transfer window, no money, and we’re pretty much the worst prospect in professional football. So much so, that a striking target of ours actually decided that not playing professional football was a better choice than playing for us.

So, we axe MM and his team, which costs us more money that we don’t have, we bring in a new management team with, again, money we don’t have, with very little hope of signing anybody other than desperate freebies.

The new guy would still have to deal with our growing injury list, whilst trying to get the best out of players who aren’t cut out for league football. Will he make our players take their chances when they arrive? Will he force referees to give us those penalty shouts from time-to-time?

What we’re desperate for is stability. Uprooting yet another management team doesn’t promote stability, it just puts us back to square one.

Sure, let’s discuss it.

We have 5 days left of the transfer window, no money, and we’re pretty much the worst prospect in professional football. So much so, that a striking target of ours actually decided that not playing professional football was a better choice than playing for us.

So, we axe MM and his team, which costs us more money that we don’t have, we bring in a new management team with, again, money we don’t have, with very little hope of signing anybody other than desperate freebies.

The new guy would still have to deal with our growing injury list, whilst trying to get the best out of players who aren’t cut out for league football. Will he make our players take their chances when they arrive? Will he force referees to give us those penalty shouts from time-to-time?

What we’re desperate for is stability. Uprooting yet another management team doesn’t promote stability, it just puts us back to square one.

So your answer is to do nothing and accept relegation?

We’re not relegated yet, although granted the signs don’t look good.

What I don’t agree with, is throwing even more money at the problem. That’s what got us into this mess on the first place.

I’ve offered my reasoning why I think it would be disastrous to start with a new manager, maybe you can rebut those reasons & offer me some reasoning why it would be a good idea?

Given the alternative is waste money we don't have to bring in a new managerial team that will likely still get us relegated, yes. Stubbornly throwing more money at managers will achieve nothing except increase the probability of us going out of business. It's not 'accept relegation' though it's to stop pretending this is Football Manager where tactics trump ability and accept the best this club can hope for is to be slightly less crap than our relegation rivals and somehow survive. If we don't a manager that's had a year to get a young squad to grips with what is expected of them next season is far better than bringing in someone new who will still have the same weak squad but will need months to realise it.

I am not MM out (anymore at least) but why do so many people remove responsibility from him?

Probably because his faults can be mitigated against.

As I said earlier, blaming Molesley is akin to blaming the symptoms instead of the cause.

Does make you wonder if things would have been different if Currie had been given the managers job

I’d say you would do what ever it takes to stay up!! Surely if it’s out of desperation or whatever surely staying up is the be all and end all?
I think I'd rather still have a club to support next season than be the next Bury, we can bounce back into the league if we get relegated, we can't if we get wound up.

Probably because his faults can be mitigated against.

As I said earlier, blaming Molesley is akin to blaming the symptoms instead of the cause.

Of course, but there is no embargo, we have been extending contracts/signing players these last couple of weeks. We signed a player today. I really don't know what I am missing?

Of course, but there is no embargo, we have been extending contracts/signing players these last couple of weeks. We signed a player today. I really don't know what I am missing?
Reputation is in the mud. We’ve been rejected more times than me on a night out in the Brush this last week alone

Reactions: GBJ
Neil harris just got sacked at cardiff for 6 losses in a row!! Mm is on 3 how many more can he loose before hes axed?? Surely it would make sense to bring in someone earlier rather then later while we still have a chance of staying up.Rm needs to think hard about this or we could seriously be playing national league football next season.

Reputation is in the mud. We’ve been rejected more times than me on a night out in the Brush this last week alone

I was so close to believing you but then I remembered what you look like from the Custard pod youtube vids, with those wonderful curly brown locks on your head.

Well, on the transfer front I know we’re trying to recruit. People seem to have this perception that MM isn’t actively looking for reinforcements. That couldn’t be further from the truth. I feel like a broken record atm, but if our targets don’t want to sign for us, what more can he do?

Cambridge top of the table
Mansfield five wins on the trot
Bradford unbeaten in seven

Big money Mansfield and Bradford have just strengthened while we've hit an injury crisis.

I blame Ron, not MM.

Meanwhile Stevenage can only manage 0-0 at home to a side that hasn't won in eight.

Grimsby are rubbish

Chin up SUFC. Not ready to surrender yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back