• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retro Shirts now available!

Dear All
We are finalising with Chablais Sport the 76-78 shirt design which is as per the squad pic below (albeit we can't put on the Admiral badge)

Can I have you help please re the collar?

Obviously it is blue and it certainly has a white trim. But does it also have a red trim right around the edge next to the white? The version on 'historical kits' does but every pic I have seen (and not many are in colour from that time) does not really make it clear.

I think that the white trim is not at the edge so the trim at the edge is either red or blue.

Views please much appreciated!

Thanks, Andy

27994641_10214857916378416_661742332_n.jpg

Dear All
We are finalising with Chablais Sport the 76-78 shirt design which is as per the squad pic below (albeit we can't put on the Admiral badge)

Obviously it is blue and it certainly has a white trim. But does it also have a red trim right around the edge next to the white? The version on 'historical kits' does but every pic I have seen (and not many are in colour from that time) does not really make it clear.

I think that the white trim is not at the edge so the trim at the edge is either red or blue.

Thanks, Andy

View attachment 14351

Hi Andy

A lovely shirt. I will be buying one. Personally i think it looks and think it was a red trim at the edge.
Difficult to judge though.

Hi Andy

A lovely shirt. I will be buying one. Personally i think it looks and think it was a red trim at the edge.
Difficult to judge though.

Thanks Steve, I think it is a red trim too but I'll just wait until the end of today to see if any further replies come in from the always helpful SZ community before going back to Chablais. I'll be getting one too, my favourite Shrimpers kit, I've still got a scarf in those colours. And we've got a top SUEPA model lined up to help us launch it!

Dear All

Thanks, Andy

View attachment 14351

looking at that photo looks like has red trim on collar to me.

Dear All

Thanks, Andy

View attachment 14351

Looks like red trim to me too, and will look the absolute business when produced. This is being purchased straight away - and I think I'll have to go for the long sleeved one if you can get the red and white stripes around the cuffs. PROPER retro...

Dear All

Thanks, Andy

View attachment 14351
That is a great team photo by the way (think thats the first time I've ever seen Alan Little smile).

Looks to me like a bit of red trim round the outside also

That is what we've gone for. Design of the 76-78 and 85-86, PLUS a Brucie Bonus shirt, all now with the manufacturer to produce and get to our SUEPA models. I'm currently hoping that they'll be available in about three weeks, I'll let all know when ready

Hoping that the

That is what we've gone for. Design of the 76-78 and 85-86, PLUS a Brucie Bonus shirt, all now with the manufacturer to produce and get to our SUEPA models. I'm currently hoping that they'll be available in about three weeks, I'll let all know when ready

Hoping that the

To the Mods: I'd like to report this post as simply brilliant...

In terms of retro shirts. I think the 95/96 United artists shirts take some beating in my opinion, I'm big fan of all 3 shirts produced that year. Yellow elonex away shirt/collymore era and home 89/90 forhiem home shirt are decent to.

OK, The Shrimpers Trust Retro Shirt Range has now been extended!

First, thanks to the MODS for continuing to tolerate this thread, though perhaps something that brings a little cheer is a welcome distraction.

As voted for, the 76/78 and 85/86 shirts are now ready to order, PLUS as a bonus the 1906 one.

Over the last couple of days our SUEPA models have been practising their best pouts and poses and here is the always wonderful Ronnie Pountney proudly wearing his 1976/78 one. Pics of the other models to follow in a mo.

At £35 they are we believe good value (our previous Splat and 80/81 shirts got great reviews), the Trust gets just over 20% of each sale to help support the club we all love, and there is the option to have your name and number on the back at no extra cost.

Short and long sleeve options available, and all sizes from baby grow to super athlete 7XL available.

The Chablais Sport website makes ordering easy. Buy link: https://world-retro.com/?s=southend&post_type=product

When you go on the link you'll see that there is no red stripe on the arm, just a white one. That image will be corrected on Monday by Chablais, as you can just see from the pic Ron's shirt correctly has both a red and white arm stripe

I've just ordered the 76/78 one - so many happy memories from that time, the second Derby cup game and the 77/78 promotion campaign under Dave Smith are just two.

Despite searching we could not find anyone with an original 76/78 one. As and when life gets back to normal the next club Retro Shirt day we hope will get nice and colourful!

Cheers

image (3).png

... and the Brucie Bonus shirt is the original 1906 one. All images from that era of course are black n white but the folk at SUFC History unearted a club colours card from that time which guided us to the shade of blue to use.

Finding a model from that time proved a little tricky and the nearest we could find was the one and only Dave Nobbler Brabbing!

IMG-20210312-WA0001.jpg

... Dave also found a while back in his mothers house an old cane which (as I understand it) fans from the 1967/69 era used to exchange in some kind of ritual (Nobbler can no doubt provide more info). See pic. It was given to Dave by Mickey Orr - can anyone help Dave find out whatever happened to Mickey? Was anyone else on here a 'cane holder from that time?

IMG-20210312-WA0002.jpg

Back