• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

I just checked this one out for my pal Howlin' Warfarin, whose birthday it is today. He's called Howlin' Warfarin because he likes to sing at the pub's open mic' Sunday afternoon sessions (until the LD) and he recently declared that he wanted to record a Blues album, before he died. He was also on the well known blood-thinner at the time of his declaration. I sent this to him as a steer for the album.

I just checked this one out for my pal Howlin' Warfarin, whose birthday it is today. He's called Howlin' Warfarin because he likes to sing at the pub's open mic' Sunday afternoon sessions (until the LD) and he recently declared that he wanted to record a Blues album, before he died. He was also on the well known blood-thinner at the time of his declaration. I sent this to him as a steer for the album.

The Wolf recorded this after Muddy Waters recorded his own Electric Mud album on Chess ,whiich he himself described at "electric ****".The Wolf's own opinion of his electric album hasn't been passed down to posterity ,unfortunately.(BTW did you know that the Feelgood's Lee Brilleaux went to see the Wolf play at Gant's Hill Odeon circa 1960 ,as did Ian Dury,apparently?Though presumably not together).:Winking:

Last edited:
The Wolf recorded this after Muddy Waters recorded his own Electric Mud album on Chess ,whiich he himself described at "electric ****".The Wolf's own opinion of his electric album hasn't been passed down to posterity ,unfortunately.(BTW did you know that the Feelgood's Lee Brilleaux went to see the Wolf play at Gant's Hill Odeon circa 1960 ,as did Ian Dury,apparently?Though presumably not together).:Winking:

I didn't know that - but I remember him talking on the South Bank Show back in '81 about seeing Wolf and citing him as an influence.

Last edited:
I didn't know that - but I remember him talking on the South Bank Show back in '82 about seeing Wolf and citing him as an influence.

Can't remember where but I probably read about it inthe Will Birch memoir of the Feelgoods.Talking about WB I imagine you know that he's got a book coming out on Nick Lowe (in paperback in early March)?

Last edited:
Back