• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just got back from taking my neighbour, who is in her late 80s, to have an x ray at Southend University Hospital. We got there 5 minutes early, got seen on time, and swiftly away.
My thoughts on the efficiency are that less people go to hospital unless it is a necessity, and that there are a lot less referrals to hospital for the same reason. The times of GPS referral "just" to be seen as doing anything, despite knowing it was not necessary, have come to an end.
Also I suspect that the days of the NHS putting up with "no shows" and waste are in the past, rightly to imo.
Hancock's idea to look at NHS reform is happening before the start is announced.

I have just got back from taking my neighbour, who is in her late 80s, to have an x ray at Southend University Hospital. We got there 5 minutes early, got seen on time, and swiftly away.
My thoughts on the efficiency are that less people go to hospital unless it is a necessity, and that there are a lot less referrals to hospital for the same reason. The times of GPS referral "just" to be seen as doing anything, despite knowing it was not necessary, have come to an end.
Also I suspect that the days of the NHS putting up with "no shows" and waste are in the past, rightly to imo.
Hancock's idea to look at NHS reform is happening before the start is announced.

I think a reform in any business is a good idea no matter what sector you're in (as long as it's a good one and you listen to the staff).

I've heard this from the news, though I don't know what the proposals are.

The covid had centre at the hospital appears to be closed this weekend. I understand it was a Pfizer jab operation. Does this indicate the Pfizer jab is in short supply now?
Mrs MG and me had covid tests today at Proory Park drop in test place, both negative but we wanted to be sure after visiting SUH yesterday.

The covid had centre at the hospital appears to be closed this weekend. I understand it was a Pfizer jab operation. Does this indicate the Pfizer jab is in short supply now?
Mrs MG and me had covid tests today at Proory Park drop in test place, both negative but we wanted to be sure after visiting SUH yesterday.

Didn't we order enough to jab everyone 3 times over, it was a crazy number if I remember correctly.

Trying to work out how the ******* ex has had his jab before me....he's younger than me!

I watched GMB the other day and for the life of me can't remember if they interviewed a front bencher or a scientist, who basically said they're just going for it to jab everyone. They're still sticking to the 9 tiers but if you're in the right place at the right time you'll get a jab.

Also location seems to be a big factor, if you live or near a big town or City, it's more likely you'll get a jab unlike rural parts of the Country.

That said, you can't help but be impressed, the Gov estimate that everyone will be offered a jab by July, that's two months ahead of target. Well done everyone, Volunteers and Jabbers :Clap:

Apparently Highlands Surgery in Leigh have cancelled appts for the vaccine for next couple of days, due to a temporary shortage?.

What will BJ announce tomorrow?.
The press have given their speculations; some more but limited association seems odds on, a timetable for schools, a limited team sports to be given the green light?
I am hoping pubs and restaurants get some hope of business soon.

What will BJ announce tomorrow?.
The press have given their speculations; some more but limited association seems odds on, a timetable for schools, a limited team sports to be given the green light?
I am hoping pubs and restaurants get some hope of business soon.

Think you won't be far off the mark there.

I would like to hear more about the data needed to relax restrictions further and if it's all still going to be based around cases per day then I will be very annoyed.

The whole purose of lockdown was to protect the NHS, with the vaccine rollout well under way it needs to shift away from cases and onto the ability for the NHS to deal with anyone who may still need treatment. As long as they are coping fine then that's the data that needs to drive the return to normal.

I won’t judge until the announcement is made tomorrow. However if the leaks that I’ve seen are correct then I will be disappointed. We have the majority of the vulnerable vaccinated and it sounds like not too much longer until most adults will be. If that doesn’t lead to a return to normal with no restrictions then I really don’t know what will.
I know people who have been affected by the virus and I do not take it lightly. However life is full of risk and we really can’t have so many business shut for too much longer.

I won’t judge until the announcement is made tomorrow. However if the leaks that I’ve seen are correct then I will be disappointed. We have the majority of the vulnerable vaccinated and it sounds like not too much longer until most adults will be. If that doesn’t lead to a return to normal with no restrictions then I really don’t know what will.
I know people who have been affected by the virus and I do not take it lightly. However life is full of risk and we really can’t have so many business shut for too much longer.
I am very much a cautious person with the whole covid, and will even wear mask out walking; however I do think if the clinically vulnerable are jabbed and isolating properly then we need to get on with it BUT keep face, space, hands and alert as much as possible.

I had an email from Booking.com yesterday, asking me to take part in offering accommodation at a discount for April starting on the 1st.

Do they know something or is it one of there very sneaky marketing ploys to be cheaper than Airbnb and also if someone books but is not allowed, they will often rebook a month later.

I am very much a cautious person with the whole covid, and will even wear mask out walking; however I do think if the clinically vulnerable are jabbed and isolating properly then we need to get on with it BUT keep face, space, hands and alert as much as possible.

I respect your opinion but with so many vaccinated I feel the restrictions including the hands, face etc. need to be lifted. If not then, when can they be lifted?

I don't want people wearing masks forever but if one thing positive to come out from this is how we spread disease then it's the one plus!
I would guess not so much common cold and flu this year is no coincidence.

I don't want people wearing masks forever but if one thing positive to come out from this is how we spread disease then it's the one plus!
I would guess not so much common cold and flu this year is no coincidence.
No, as you say, flu is less common, and the vomit bug and other such seem to have been really dealt with in hospitals by cleaning and restriction of visitors/infection spreaders.

The focus on personal hygiene of hand washing and general awareness is something that we all really need to take forward, mask wearing is not.

We are a social interactive species, we always have been and always will be. To imagine that this isolation is some new higher way of living is laughable. Some people may want to continue to act in more reserved ways which is entirely up to them but this cannot be forced onto everyone any longer.

I respect your opinion but with so many vaccinated I feel the restrictions including the hands, face etc. need to be lifted. If not then, when can they be lifted?
I am hoping that the importance of simple, basic hygiene will now be so ingrained in people that there won't be the need for restrictions for too much longer.

Masks inhibit natural expression and I hope we won't have to wear them for much longer.

This will make interesting reading for fans of that utterly ridiculous piece from a small ‘think tank’ in Brighton, quoted earlier in this thread, which lavished praise on how Africa has excelled so mightily in its’ COVID-19 response.

On a lighter note.

My dad shuffled through the pearly gates in Southend hospital last Saturday. He was 90!

Fortunately he wasn't on Boris 5pm rollcall. However I did chuckle when the registrar called to say the COD is down as 'Community acquired Pneumonia'

Seriousky....he had been well locked down for 10 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back